• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ahhh Zelda...

Years
    Well...I am sure some of you have heard of the long lasting the legend of Zelda series!Well now you can chat about it!

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    What does The Legend of Zelda series has to do with the Other Writing forums? Unless you got some sort of fanfic sweetie, this is moving to the proper section. *Pulls out her magic stick.*

*Movesie-movesie*

Anyway well it is confirmed that the new Zelda is going to ultilize the Wii controls, sweeties. ^^ And that's all I wanted to hear. x3 </sad attempt at trying to make a discussion.>

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Anyway well it is confirmed that the new Zelda is going to ultilize the Wii controls, sweeties. ^^ And that's all I wanted to hear. x3 </sad attempt at trying to make a discussion.>
    Seriously? ^o^ Excellent!

Zelda is amazing. The whole series is amazing ;D
    Although, yowzers. How many dungeons? @____@

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    And hopefully in a more spectacular way than Twilight Princess, because the controls for the Wii version of that sucked. :(

Anyway, I'm in the midst of replaying OoT, something I haven't done in about 3 or 4 years. I forgot how much I loved the game. ♥

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I don't know about the Wii Version, but the GC version of TP was none the less awesome. =o
    And Jeremy, where did you find that their was going to be a new game? Or are you rather stating the obvious? xD

I'm playing the Master Quest version of OoT. I hated the mini dungeons in Ganon's Castle, specially the Fire Path. >_> I always fell off the block trying to grab the last rupee. >_< Got rich fast, though. XD
    And now I'm rather stuck with Ganon. >_< But anyways, Ocarina of Time is one of the best (Zelda) games ever. :3

"Gimme my sword back, princess."

Years
    Ahhhhh....

What does The Legend of Zelda series has to do with the Other Writing forums? Unless you got some sort of fanfic sweetie, this is moving to the proper section. *Pulls out her magic stick.*

*Movesie-movesie*

The new zelda game is gonna ultilize the wii controles!? {faint}

Years
    To be honest with you I also wasn't too fussed on the controls for LoZ:TP. They just seemed really cack handed and I couldn't get use to it. I was almost tempted into buying the over priced game cube version to be completely honest with you. So hopefully the next one won't be too disapointing in terms of controls =/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    To be honest with you I also wasn't too fussed on the controls for LoZ:TP. They just seemed really cack handed and I couldn't get use to it. I was almost tempted into buying the over priced game cube version to be completely honest with you. So hopefully the next one won't be too disapointing in terms of controls =/
    That's because they didn't engineer the controls from the ground up. The game was originally a Gamecube game that they delayed so it could go on the Wii. Resultantly, the controls were tacked on instead of well thought out from the very beginning of the game's design process. :( No one can shake me of this opinion because I really do feel that if they hadn't just rushed the Wii port at the end to get it ready for launch, they wouldn't have done something as incredibly lazy as just flipping the whole freaking world and would have gotten everything working without resorting to that. <_< *whining*

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    That's because they didn't engineer the controls from the ground up. The game was originally a Gamecube game that they delayed so it could go on the Wii. Resultantly, the controls were tacked on instead of well thought out from the very beginning of the game's design process. :( No one can shake me of this opinion because I really do feel that if they hadn't just rushed the Wii port at the end to get it ready for launch, they wouldn't have done something as incredibly lazy as just flipping the whole freaking world and would have gotten everything working without resorting to that. <_< *whining*
    Flipping the world map still makes no sense to me. The controls they implemented weren't 1:1, it's just waggle. There was no point in flipping the map.

As a port, the TP controls don't bother me. If it was purely Wii game, then it would bug me. Not that I'm sure how far they can take the controls with the Wiimote or Motion Plus without radically changing the game. Accurate combat would be sorta hard to play from a third-person perspective where the character is blocking your view.

And I think they knew that. At one point they considered making the Wii port in the first-person. Which I don't want. So, if I don't have amazing swordplay in the next one then I don't care. I'd rather have them go a much innovative route, than something obvious. But Shiggy has said TP will be the last Zelda game of it's kind.

Anyway, I don't think anything was confirmed beyond that they started working on the next (first?) Wii Zelda during the last year of TP's development. We don't know anything about the controls yet. We don't know what style this will take either ("realistic" or cel-shaded). We do know that Koji Kondo wants orchestral music - which he did in TP too. Would've been possible for the Wii version, but not enough disc space for it on the GCN.

As game, TP was great. As a Zelda game it was not. It lacked...Zeldaness. Which is odd since Eiji has made several speeches about Zeldaness and the feeling of Zelda games.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    It is true that TP didn't really utilize the Wii control scheme fully due to it being a port of sorts, but I actually liked the way it controlled. Maybe I'm biased or maybe it's because it was the first game I ever played for my Wii, but I truly enjoyed how it played.

Twilight Princess is one of my favorites, but I have to disagree with about everyone here and say that my choice for the best zelda game is NOT Ocarina of Time. It was good, yes, but is completely overshadowed by the greatness that is A Link to the Past. :)

God Magnus

青き戦士 - ゴッド マグナス
    Years
    No doubt my favorite series: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

- simple yet classic
    - graphics aren't bad
    - playable for all ages
    - and enough sword fighting action to keep me addicted!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Yeah, I also have TWW listed as my favorite in the series. There's just something about that game that I find just incredibly beautiful.

Years
    Yeah!

Yeah, I also have TWW listed as my favorite in the series. There's just something about that game that I find just incredibly beautiful.
    Yeah but when Midna smiles showing off her teeth in a mental way it scared me to death... UGH!!!

Last edited:

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
    Yep Midna is really weird, but at the end of the game I got used to (I won't spoil sorry 8'D).

But I'm first a Majora's Mask fanatic, this game is not the best zelda game, it's just different, and it rocks that's all.

Years
    Yep Midna is really weird, but at the end of the game I got used to (I won't spoil sorry 8'D).

But I'm first a Majora's Mask fanatic, this game is not the best zelda game, it's just different, and it rocks that's all.
    That's ok...I seen the ending on youtube....wow amazing stuff!!!

Back