• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Ajin

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Can confirm CG is utter **** and it's really off-putting. It's so hard to watch this anime. I'm like 3 episodes behind now or something and because it's CG I'm not jumping the gun to catch up.
    Disappointing, since basically everything else is above average or outstanding.
    I think if the framerate was slightly higher and if it didn't look as choppy as it did, it would've been okay for most of us. Why they didn't go with a higher frame rate though is honestly beyond me. No idea why they'd do something that could obviously make things better for the viewers. It isn't like that'd be a difficult task either since they're working with 3D models here instead of actually drawing everything out like traditional art. >_>

Either way, agreed on the fact that the show's all other aspects seem above average. I've gotten sort of used to the visuals by now but I can't deny I would've loved a better looking show much more.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    The visuals were off-putting for me too, but I guess that's because I had higher expectations. I was expecting it to be akin to Knights of Sidonia, which I actually didn't mind the CG in, but this wasn't quite as good, though I can't quite put my finger on why (probably the framerate issue derozio mentioned).

But the story is amazing so far and I'm enjoying it enough that the CG doesn't bother me that much anymore. I'm looking forward to finding out what the deal is with those black ghost things, and there seems to be a lot of mystery surrounding Kei in particular as an Ajin. Like a lot of his traits and abilities seem to defy what's already understood about the Ajin at large, so it's an interesting mystery. Also, who the heck is hat guy? What's he got in store? o.o

I didn't notice the issues with the subs, so I may have found the good ones right away. But I did notice that during episode 3, they started translating "ajin" as "demi-human", for some reason? I'm not sure where they get demi-human from ajin, but eh, nbd I guess haha. Shifting from one translation to another is always distracting as heck for me xD

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    The visuals were off-putting for me too, but I guess that's because I had higher expectations. I was expecting it to be akin to Knights of Sidonia, which I actually didn't mind the CG in, but this wasn't quite as good, though I can't quite put my finger on why (probably the framerate issue derozio mentioned).

But the story is amazing so far and I'm enjoying it enough that the CG doesn't bother me that much anymore. I'm looking forward to finding out what the deal is with those black ghost things, and there seems to be a lot of mystery surrounding Kei in particular as an Ajin. Like a lot of his traits and abilities seem to defy what's already understood about the Ajin at large, so it's an interesting mystery. Also, who the heck is hat guy? What's he got in store? o.o

I didn't notice the issues with the subs, so I may have found the good ones right away. But I did notice that during episode 3, they started translating "ajin" as "demi-human", for some reason? I'm not sure where they get demi-human from ajin, but eh, nbd I guess haha. Shifting from one translation to another is always distracting as heck for me xD
    I'm hoping they'd fix it when the BDs are out. But then again, I have no idea of this production house's track record with their work on BDs (Haven't checked out differences in Sidonia's TV vs BD versions yet) so I can't say anything for sure...

Hat guy's assault inside the facility in episode 5 (I think that was the episode...?) was just downright badass. Dude's crazy. XD; I agree, though, besides the production values being like they are, this is some really top-notch shit so far. If only this had a proper budget and another studio animating it, I wouldn't have been surprised if this series blew up in popularity too like BokuDake this season did.

I don't really mind changes like Ajin -> Demi-human tbh. But I really do notice grammatical errors and they irk me a lot. That's basically what bothered me throughout the first episode while I watched it with those shite subs XD;

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    A-jin
    A for anti.
    Jin for human.
    Anti-human -> Demi-human, I guess? =D

悪 is closer to "bad" than it is "anti", so I always saw ajin as "evil person", which is why I was surprised by demi-human haha. I think they were just a little liberal with the translation. They're sorta like demi-gods, being immortal and all, but closer to humans than gods, so demi-human is still pretty fitting :)

Also hadn't realized it was up to episode 5 already :o I'll give my thoughts again once I'm all caught up!

Back