• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aliens: Discussion

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years

That's what I'm trying to say, is that nature doesn't produce such detailed, geometrically accurate formations like that. Humans make those detailed formations. D: That's why you never see perfectly straight tree branches. You won't find Rocks, oranges, seeds, etc, that are perfect spheres, etc. Perfect geometric shapes are signs of being man-made.

The thing is, humans made those measurements based off of observation, so it's only perfect in our eyes because we made the definition of "perfect".

And I really don't get what you mean by "detailed, geometrically accurate formations", all I saw were some triangles formed from 3 points? :S

Years
    The thing is, humans made those measurements based off of observation, so it's only perfect in our eyes because we made the definition of "perfect".

And I really don't get what you mean by "detailed, geometrically accurate formations", all I saw were some triangles formed from 3 points? :S

What I mean by detailed, geometrically accurate formations, would be like this:

Snapshots of the Yonaguni monument

Spoiler:

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    I believe there could be something out there but as of yet I do not believe we have actually found any alien artifacts, evidence, or actual sightings that are not just a hoax.

SIN1488

Years

What I mean by detailed, geometrically accurate formations, would be like this:

Snapshots of the Yonaguni monument

Spoiler:

That's one thing and it's impressive, but I was talking about these:

And where are those underwater things at, and how deep underwater is it?

Years

As far as I know, those monuments at Stone henge, Tikal, Dendera, etc, all were built to align with the stars that make up some Constellation, which one, I'm not sure. Now, why they align that way, its not certain. But it's all over the place.

as for the monument:

"The main feature (the "Monument" proper) is a rectangular formation measuring about 150 by 40 m (490 by 130 ft), and about 27 m (90 ft) tall; the top is about 5 m (16 ft) below sea level"

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010

My point here wasn't that. It was explaining why all of those monuments/landforms all seemed to match up with eachother. Not that they're just random triangles.

Whether or not its true, I find it weird that these things all match up. And that's considering A builder of One of those landforms had no idea that the other ones existed.

SIN1488

Years
    Just 16 ft below sea level? Then I think it's highly possible that the tides in that area might have been vastly different around the time it was built. But who knows.....

And back onto my favorite alien-related subject, what organisms on other planets with different environments might be like.

I was talking with my friend a couple hours ago about this, and think about how jellyfish are made almost completely of water, right? Well it seems obvious that those kinds of organisms form from there being so much water on our planet, and our planet being in the right place to allow water to support life.

Well maybe on another planet, the air is really dense and filled with gas, so maybe some kind of organism would form that is much like a jellyfish, except it's made almost completely of gas, and floats? Or, instead of forming directly in those kinds of conditions, maybe organisms formed in conditions like on planet Earth, and since life adapts to prevent it from dying out, maybe those kind of things could have formed over time as the conditions on the planet changed?

Makes sense to me....... XD

My point here wasn't that. It was explaining why all of those monuments/landforms all seemed to match up with eachother. Not that they're just random triangles.

Whether or not its true, I find it weird that these things all match up. And that's considering A builder of One of those landforms had no idea that the other ones existed.

But if they were all looking at the same constellations, and they were all interested in geometry and astronomy, then it's not that strange. :S

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Just 16 ft below sea level? Then I think it's highly possible that the tides in that area might have been vastly different around the time it was built. But who knows.....

And back onto my favorite alien-related subject, what organisms on other planets with different environments might be like.

I was talking with my friend a couple hours ago about this, and think about how jellyfish are made almost completely of water, right? Well it seems obvious that those kinds of organisms form from there being so much water on our planet, and our planet being in the right place to allow water to support life.

Well maybe on another planet, the air is really dense and filled with gas, so maybe some kind of organism would form that is much like a jellyfish, except it's made almost completely of gas, and floats? Or, instead of forming directly in those kinds of conditions, maybe organisms formed in conditions like on planet Earth, and since life adapts to prevent it from dying out, maybe those kind of things could have formed over time as the conditions on the planet changed?

Makes sense to me....... XD

Watch: Expedition to Darwin VI (I think it is 6), its good and gives ideas of what other creatures could look like.
    Other than that: "Spore" by those very guys that brought you "The Sims", Is a video game where you get your own planet, create your own aliens.

SIN1488

Years

Watch: Expedition to Darwin VI (I think it is 6), its good and gives ideas of what other creatures could look like.
    Other than that: "Spore" by those very guys that brought you "The Sims", Is a video game where you get your own planet, create your own aliens.

I might check that out, but on the Spore thing...... It's not the same, I want to make real ones! >_<

Spacial Sage

i don't care if you don't.
    Years
    It's totally possible aliens from outer reaches of our planet have visited, and I myself believe it's happened. In fourth grade I had an abduction experience...

SIN1488

Years

become "God", otherwise thats the best you can do (without a PhD or masters....)

Fine! *burns insects with magnifying glass*
    :D

And I seriously doubt that aliens would waste time and resources to leave their planet(s) and come to ours, especially since there seems to be very little evidence of them even supposedly being here. If they would actually waste their resources and time (Think of how long it would take to get here, even if they could somehow go near light-speed with their ship(s)) to get here, why wouldn't they leave/make something huge and significant on the planet, to the point that it would obviously be made by extraterrestrials? Seriously, they could have left something awesome on the moon, and since we wouldn't be able to reach it for a really long time, it would be obvious that we didn't make it. >_<

And if they had all of their fancy smancy technology to get here, they must have known about quantum entanglement, since our current scientists already know about that. So why wouldn't they leave something behind so they could try and communicate with us from their planet via this method, if possible, considering that it would be faster-than-light communication? >_<

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I believe in aliens, but not that they're in UFOS.

If they're trying to be mysterious, they're not going to go "flying" over major cities.

Most UFOS are like a frisbee or a javelin or something just... unexpected.

I believe that yes, there are undoubtedly other creatures in the universe besides us. I mean, it's a little egotistical to assume we're the only planet with living things, isn't it?

If there were aliens that could get from star system to star system, then I doubt they'd do something pointless like leave Stonehenge. I mean, really. It's just an old stone circle.

Years
    I believe that yes, there are undoubtedly other creatures in the universe besides us. I mean, it's a little egotistical to assume we're the only planet with living things, isn't it?

If there were aliens that could get from star system to star system, then I doubt they'd do something pointless like leave Stonehenge. I mean, really. It's just an old stone circle.

Agreed. Right, If aliens are capable of inter-galactic travel, why would they bother with us? (assuming they have superior tech and intellect)

Unless they have a motive to do so. To them, we're probably an experiment to be studied. xD But that itself raises a question, would they leave clues behind to tell us that?

Stonehenge is whats left of an advanced astronomical-inclined Druid socity in Britain. Do its stones align with certain star sytems in the sky, and the Solstices? Yes. But it wasn't built by aliens.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Fine! *burns insects with magnifying glass*
    :D

And I seriously doubt that aliens would waste time and resources to leave their planet(s) and come to ours, especially since there seems to be very little evidence of them even supposedly being here. If they would actually waste their resources and time (Think of how long it would take to get here, even if they could somehow go near light-speed with their ship(s)) to get here, why wouldn't they leave/make something huge and significant on the planet, to the point that it would obviously be made by extraterrestrials? Seriously, they could have left something awesome on the moon, and since we wouldn't be able to reach it for a really long time, it would be obvious that we didn't make it. >_<

And if they had all of their fancy smancy technology to get here, they must have known about quantum entanglement, since our current scientists already know about that. So why wouldn't they leave something behind so they could try and communicate with us from their planet via this method, if possible, considering that it would be faster-than-light communication? >_<

Ah, but if we had the technology to visit another planet we knew had life, would we? Yes. And what would we do? Take (abduct) samples of the local flora & fauna to examine it's biology.
    As for them leaving some kind of monument or announcing themselves, perhaps (assuming they visited) they decide it best not to interrupt our socio-scientific development? Maybe they didn't want to make us panic (imagine the response to a giant cruiser floating over London or something)? Maybe they studied us and decided we would be to much of a threat (very likely if you think about what we do to invaders of our own species, imagine if suspected alien invaders came)?
    As for quantum entanglement, what if they just use simpler (to them) technology such as wormhole or even FTL systems to send messages and the idea of quantum entanglement never occurred to them?

Agreed. Right, If aliens are capable of inter-galactic travel, why would they bother with us? (assuming they have superior tech and intellect)

Unless they have a motive to do so. To them, we're probably an experiment to be studied. xD But that itself raises a question, would they leave clues behind to tell us that?
    Nah, the unexplainable UFO sighting are all alien teenagers screwing around with inferior alien planetary inhabitants.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy said something like that. :>

Back