• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All pokemon are herbavore?

Do you think all pokemon are herbavores?

• Total voters

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    No, canonly they are a single species. And there are real world animals in the Pokemon world too. We saw them all the time in the early seasons of the show and they are always mention in the pokedex (if they did not have them, then how is meowth a cat pokemon?). Just because we dont see the animals doesnt mean they arent there. We only see cars and trucks ocassionally, but they have paved streets so, its easy to guess there are vehicle in the pokemon world too. You're logic is quite flawed. Almost all pokemon do interbreed with the exception of legendaries. Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon DNA and mew is derived from Arceus so, yeah...

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    Actually, I consider Pokemon as a Kingdom, not a species, basically the Pokemon world's equivalent of animals, because you don't see any animals in Pokemon, do you?

Hmm, makes you wonder where that meat in Brock's soup originated from.

Do all Pokemon interbreed? I don't know the answer to that for sure, but I doubt it. Besides, not all Pokemon do not have similar physical traits. Probably genetic too, but we can't be sure. Anyways, I highly doubt all Pokemon are one species; they're far too different for that.

Oh, and I wouldn't say there are any Pokemon carnivores, cause they can all eat berries and such. So while Entei might not eat grass, he might eat Oran berries xD.

ah but pokemon can reproduce with different pokemon they have similar genetic/physical traits so they are in fact classified as their own species not a kingdom besides they are to close together to just be a kingdom they would be the same genus at the least like our earlier ancestors **** habilis **** erectus **** sapien(us) see something similar bewteen them all that is their scientific name a scientific name is the genus first then the species wow the edited out h*mo it is latin for same it has nothing dirty about it only when applied with sexual does it mean gay that is so annoying
    -_- ITS A SCIENTIFIC TERM GROW UP

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Hahahahaha,
    you people make me laugh,
    most theories on Pokemon eating habits make about as much sense as the animals don't exist in the Pokemon world theory.
    Haha, if animals don't exist then explain humans.

BTW, I don't think a Oddish eating berries is Cannibalism, I don't even think if a Oddish ate a raddish it would be Cannibalism.

ShadowWind

Years
    Hahahahaha,
    you people make me laugh,
    most theories on Pokemon eating habits make about as much sense as the animals don't exist in the Pokemon world theory.
    Haha, if animals don't exist then explain humans.

BTW, I don't think a Oddish eating berries is Cannibalism, I don't even think if a Oddish ate a raddish it would be Cannibalism.

now that i think about it probably since they are different species so yeah....but if they only eat plants if they graze on a gloom or two THEY ARE CANNIBALS!!

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Technically, they are animals with plant-like characteristics. There has yet to be a pokemon who breeds via pollen or is completely immobile (some come close though like Metapod and Kakuna). Not to mention Bellsprout has a mouth so it probably eats something.

ShadowWind

Years
    Technically, they are animals with plant-like characteristics. There has yet to be a pokemon who breeds via pollen or is completely immobile (some come close though like Metapod and Kakuna). Not to mention Bellsprout has a mouth so it probably eats something.

you may be correct.....TO THE POKEDEX
    *dramatic music*
    Hours later hhmmm espeon i have gone through the entire pokedex there is nothing in there about pollen reproducing pokemon so there is only one explanation ITS A GOVERMENT CONSPIRACY!!!

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    How could a Oddish eat a Gloom? And on another note, why would any one want to eat a Gloom?

On a more deep and serious note what is wrong with Cannibalism?

Last edited:

ShadowWind

Years
    How could a Oddish eat a Gloom? And on another note, why would one want to eat a Gloom?

On a more deep and serious not what is wrong with Cannibalism?

you do raise a point since one of darwin's basic principals is survival of the fittest so if one is weaker then another and then the one stronger then that one is to eat the weaker one who cares if they are the same species in some species the female devours the male after mating in order to support the baby now within it's womb so yeah but we are an intelligent race its just not the same for us we know better

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    If you ask me, the statement of "We know better but they do not." is a very poor argument for any discussion or debate.

ShadowWind

Years
    If you ask me, the statement of "We know better but they do not." is a very poor argument for any discussion or debate.

it is simple intelligence they are incapable of intelligent thought they only have basic animal instincts and the feelings of pleasure and pain other then that they have nothing dolphins are nearly as intelligent as humans they do not cannabalize as are elephants and whales none of which cannabalize we are capable of understanding that eating one of our own simply reduces our overall survival rate deep for a 14 year old don't ya think

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    *smirks* You have a very old philosophy, or at least it's old to me.
    But yes you are pretty deep for a 14 year old.

Any ways, you can't prove that we are smarter simply because we don't eat each other.

ShadowWind

Years
    *smirks* You have a very old philosophy, or at least it's old to me.
    But yes you are pretty deep for a 14 year old.

its not an old philosophy it is fact for we understand the fact we do not need to eat our own for survival and if we do it would only lower our rates for survival basic thought if we eat one of our own species when we could eat something of another species it simply lowers our rate of survival if 1 or 2 do it then it won't have a big effect but if we all lack the thought needed to reason such out we would all do it and become extinct within months

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    You just don't get it.
    Survival means nothing with the power of evolution. With it, are species will mean nothing thousands of years later.

ShadowWind

Years
    You just don't get it.
    Survival means nothing with the power of evolution. With it, are species will mean nothing thousands of years later.

actually it does survival of the fittest is defined those who have superior traits live long enough to pass on ones genetic material if we don't live on like we are it would make the difference of the world being ruled by mutant retarded crocodile-squirrels or humans which would you prefer of course our species could die out at any time but then it would mean nothing but would you not prefer it if we would live on i base my life around the fact that we will keep living on which is why i continue to better my mind so i can eventually change something for the human race so that i will be remember 300 years from now instead of rotting away on my computer i may waste some time doing stuff like this but i do not allow it to conquer my life

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I prefer the mutant retarded crocodile-squirrels, they probably wouldn't have elected George Bush.
    Any ways, your not seeing the bigger picture or questions.

Why is survival important? Are humans very capable of survival?
    And something I've been wondering for a while, why in the world is being remembered so important?

I understand while your alive, it nice to have some one care about you, but when your dead they can't be there for you. We are all eventually forgotten, even if we are promised forever remembrance.

ShadowWind

Years
    I prefer the mutant retarded crocodile-squirrels, they probably wouldn't have elected George Bush.
    Any ways, your not seeing the bigger picture or questions.

Why is survival important? Are humans very capable of survival?
    And something I've been wondering for a while, why in the world is being remembered so important?

I understand while your alive, it nice to have some one care about you, but when your dead they can't be there for you. We are all eventually forgotten, even if we are promised forever remembrance.

we remember hammurabi(babylonian emperor) Jesus and many others who are thousands of years dead if we make an impact we will never be forgotten like bush he will be remembered as the dumbest president ever elected

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    And there is of course the Swellow & Wurmple team in Mystery Dungeon #2. Throughout the game the Wurmple is wondering whether his teammate will ultimately end up having him for dinner one day. XDD so I don't think he'd think that if Pokemon were all herbivores.

Hah, I remember that!!
    But yeah, I'm pretty sure Pokemon eat each other. They're just not gonna put it the anime or games because...well, it's kinda obvious why.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I'm sure that some Pokemon are Herbivores, but all predator-looking Pokemon eat more than just berries. Why would they have big fangs if they didn't eat meat? I think they are Omnivores: they can eat both plants and Pokemon. And I think most of the grass type pokemon use photosynthesis to get energy from the sun. (Even though they wouldn't learn the actual move.) But they all can also eat berries, so they are not pure Autotrophs either. But is eating a grass-type pokemon considered Herbivory? :D I don't know the answer to that question, but I still think no Buneary would eat Oddish. :P

About evolution, isn't survival the main point of the power of evolution? The individuals that survive reproduce and pass their good genes to the next generation.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Of course Pokemon aren't herbivores. They're omnivores. Like Kingdra eating Magikarps(And of course animators never show that kind of scene because most of the audiences are little children). Then need proteins, and the optimum source is meat, and meat is from animals.

Back