• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All pokemon are herbavore?

Do you think all pokemon are herbavores?

• Total voters

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I don't think they would ever show it on the anime, but I don't think all Pokemon are. Pokemon like Gyarados, Arcanine, etc., are obviously going to eat meat. Pokemon like Miltank or Oddish probably eat Berries. In fact, I bet berries are a major part of nearly every non-sea living Pokemon's diet.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    I don't think they would ever show it on the anime, but I don't think all Pokemon are. Pokemon like Gyarados, Arcanine, etc., are obviously going to eat meat. Pokemon like Miltank or Oddish probably eat Berries. In fact, I bet berries are a major part of nearly every non-sea living Pokemon's diet.

but still a plant eating a plant..... ODDISH IS A CANNIBLE

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    hey! that is a vicous stereotype my friends little sister is a vegetarian and she bites......alot -_-

I mean that turtles don't usually bite giant flaming lizards! Maybe this turtle just wants to eat this giant flaming lizard because it smells delicious, not that this little girl wants to eat another person.
    ~Night

ShadowWind

Years
    I mean that turtles don't usually bite giant flaming lizards! Maybe this turtle just wants to eat this giant flaming lizard because it smells delicious, not that this little girl wants to eat another person.
    ~Night

i know what you meant its just fun to prove someone wrong by all literal means you have to watch how you phrase something or i will find a way to turn it around completely against you in some way

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Pidgeot eat Magikarp (PokeDex Entry) and I'm pretty sure the reason that Skitty are so rare is because their pink tails basically emit a "High Seviper! Swallow me whole" vibe

ShadowWind

Years
    Pidgeot eat Magikarp (PokeDex Entry) and I'm pretty sure the reason that Skitty are so rare is because their pink tails basically emit a "High Seviper! Swallow me whole" vibe

lol you raise a really good and funny point ever wonder why grass and bug types have the move sweet scent aren't they just sort of asking to be eaten? oh and you used the wrong hi the hi you used was one meaning elevation/altitude or ones height the one used for a greeting is simply hi

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Lol, i wasn't paying attention. I must have written hi in my homework where I was supposed to write high! goes to fix homework- thanks for noticing.

ShadowWind

Years
    Lol, i wasn't paying attention. I must have written hi in my homework where I was supposed to write high! goes to fix homework- thanks for noticing.

lol no problem and look at the move sweet scent "attracts wild pokemon" either the bug and grass types are just asking to be eaten or they wanna get some

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Yes, but Sweet Scent is a move not an ability so its not turned on always. And for some like Carvine that's how the get their food. Plus some abilites like Swarm bring reinforcements in the wild!

Years
    There are a ton of Pokemon that sound predatory just based on their Pokedex entries (Clamperl, for example, traps prey in its shell). They never show any of this in the anime, for obvious reasons, but you can assume most of them are predatory, or eat some form of meat.

...oh, and just clairify; Ekans doesn't eat Pidgey, it eats Pidgey eggs. It also eats Spearow eggs.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    no actually.
    Most are carnivores.
    But to name one herivore, tropius. It even said it only eats fruits and vegetables.

ShadowWind

Years
    nah there are carnivore pokemon. Oddish isnt a cannibal it just eats berries!

but berries are plants and oddish is a plant so.......ODDISH IS A CANNIBLE

no actually.
    Most are carnivores.
    But to name one herivore, tropius. It even said it only eats fruits and vegetables.

but tropius grows fruit on it's neck so.......TROPIUS IS A CANNIBLE TO!

Last edited:

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    -Larvitar: A pokemon that eats soil. Once it has eaten a large mountine, it goes to sleep so it can grow.
    -Carnivine: attracts prey with its sweet-smelling saliva, then chomps down. It takes a whole day to eat prey. (Maybe they eat masquerains, butterfrees, yanmas)
    -Houndour: It uses different kinds of cries for communicating with others of its kind and for pursuing its prey (Like wolves, so maybe they eat stantlers, miltanks)

ShadowWind

Years
    -Larvitar: A pokemon that eats soil. Once it has eaten a large mountine, it goes to sleep so it can grow.
    -Carnivine: attracts prey with its sweet-smelling saliva, then chomps down. It takes a whole day to eat prey. (Maybe they eat masquerains, butterfrees, yanmas)
    -Houndour: It uses different kinds of cries for communicating with others of its kind and for pursuing its prey (Like wolves, so maybe they eat stantlers, miltanks)

But Larvitar is a rock type so.......LARVITAR IS ALSO A CANNIBLE feel free to tell me when this joke has gotten annoying/old

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    But larvitar is a living creature, soil isnt
    Oddish are living plants, berrys arent
    We humans eat meat but we arent cannibles.

ShadowWind

Years
    But larvitar is a living creature, soil isnt
    Oddish are living plants, berrys arent
    We humans eat meat but we arent cannibles.

Ahh but you see cannabalism is defined as eating the same species so i guess your right but w/e you cannot use the meat thing though and btw the plural of berry is spelt with an ies not a y so it would be berries not berrys and btw all plants are living you would think a 17 year old would know some basic grammar vocab and life science

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    No, but pokemon who eat other pokemon are. The official taxomony declares that Pokemon are all one species and that each variety is a subspecies (explaining why they are able to interbreed). So, Houndour eating a Stantler is canniblism and Larvitar eating soil isnt.

ShadowWind

Years
    No, but pokemon who eat other pokemon are. The official taxomony declares that Pokemon are all one species and that each variety is a subspecies (explaining why they are able to interbreed). So, Houndour eating a Stantler is canniblism and Larvitar eating soil isnt.

yays i is right and also you are in fact correct a species is defined as one group with similar physical and genetic traits who can reprouce and pokemon can reproduce with other pokemon so they are ALL CANNIBALS!!! well that makes me feel better now i don't have to worry about them eating me =D

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    Actually, I consider Pokemon as a Kingdom, not a species, basically the Pokemon world's equivalent of animals, because you don't see any animals in Pokemon, do you?

Hmm, makes you wonder where that meat in Brock's soup originated from.

Do all Pokemon interbreed? I don't know the answer to that for sure, but I doubt it. Besides, not all Pokemon do not have similar physical traits. Probably genetic too, but we can't be sure. Anyways, I highly doubt all Pokemon are one species; they're far too different for that.

Oh, and I wouldn't say there are any Pokemon carnivores, cause they can all eat berries and such. So while Entei might not eat grass, he might eat Oran berries xD.

Back