• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All time favorite starters

What is your Favorite Starter?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    The first starter I ever had was Squirtle and since that was the one that introduced me to the world of Pokemon around 10 years ago, I'm going to go with that one.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    The Squirtle Squad totally reeked of awesomness. So yeah, My choice is definatley Squirtle!

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2018
    I've always loved chimchar because it has a pretty good moveset if you evolve and level it up enough

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    ... I have to pick one? D=

But, seriously: Turtwig. Because it's adorable. My other favorites would be Cyndaquil, Chikorita, and Bulbasaur.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I have to say pikachu from yellow version he got incredible stats since you couldn't evolve him

uhh...lolwut?

Since there's no Light Ball in GenI, it's the only point in the series where Raichu is undoubtedly more powerful than Pikachu. I've always found the Yellow version Pikachu to be a hindrance simply because it couldn't evolve. :/

Years
    Tsutaja and Treeko are my favourite grass type starters. Grass types are amazing, everyone agrees. Mijumaru and Mudkip being my favourite water type starters. I find Mudkip really cute! Fire types don't impress me, thank you.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Kanto - Squirtle - It's cute, cool, and tough.
    Jhoto - Chikorita - I think it's pretty.
    Hoenn - Treecko - A loner....with great skill.
    Sinnoh - Turtwig - My very first Pokémon owned.
    Unova - Oshawott - It's tough, cool, and cute.

A lot of Pokémon I love.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Jalorda. How can't you love its epicness?
    Spoiler:

Years
    Kanto - Bulbasaur
    Johto - Cyndaquil (all time)
    Hoenn - Torchic
    Sinnoh - Chimchar (epic win!)
    Isshu - Snivy

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Favorite

Grass - Treecko - Obviously. But Chikorita comes in a close second. I actaully hate Chikorita 'cause in the anime, when Ash's Grovyle/Sceptile loves her (meganium), she rejects him, and act like a... I'm not even gonna say it.
    Fire - Charmander - Yeah, i liked all of the fire starters (except for tepig), but charmander is just the best.
    Water - Oshawott - Yeah, the only good gen V starter. Squirtle comes in with a close second.

Least Favorite

Grass - Snivy - rip-off of treecko. And a bad one at that. Seriously, it takes too long for this guy to set up. And he can't attack for his life.
    Fire - Tepig evo line - tepig itself is cute, but when he evolves... Just no...
    Water - NONE, i liked all of 'em

Overall

Favorite - Treecko
    Least Favorite - Tepig

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Kanto: Bulbasaur
    Johto: Chikorita (Meganium is my favorite!)
    Hoenn: Torchic
    Sinnoh: Piplup
    Unova: Snivy (I'm also leaning towards Oshawott, but idk).

Years
    Aw, this is a tough one for me...

I think I will go with Cyndaquil. I absolutely love it, and all its stages. (Tysplosion for the win)

Back