• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All time favorite starters

What is your Favorite Starter?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Probably Snivy (Tsutajaa). I love snakes, and I like the design of Jarloda. Following up is definitely Torchic, Oshawott, and Squirtle. Other than them I'm not too fond of the starter Pokemon to be honest.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    My favourite All-Time starter is Cyndaquil. I just love the Pokémon, and most importantly it's final evolution. Typhlosion is my favourite pokémon. <3

I like all Jotho starters, but Cyndaquil is my favourite. ^^
    As for the other regions: Squirtle, Charmander, Torchic, Mudkip, Snivy.
    Don't care much about Sinnoh.

Years
    Although I like the look of a couple, I've never played past Generation III so I'm not going to comment on Gen IV or V starters.

Having said that, I still can't narrow it down between Charizard, Typlosion and Sceptile :\

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
    Kanto - Squirtle - My very first Pokemon.
    Johto - Cyndaquil - Typhlosion is my all time favorite pokemon.
    Hoenn - Mudkip - Swampert is Awesome.
    Sinnoh - Piplup - Dont really care for any of the sinnoh starters but Empoleon is cool.
    Unova - Oshawott - Dont have the game yet, but i already know im getting this one.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I love all of the starters, but since I only have to pick one. I'd have to go with Snivy.

Andrew Ryan

Years
    Chikorita is my favorite for sure, although using it as a lead makes HG/SS/H/S a lot harder. It's also the first starter I ever used.

Years
    1. Squirtle
    2. Totodile
    3. Bulbasaur

4. Pikachu
    5. Charmander
    6. Chikorita

7. Treecko
    8. Mudkip
    9. Cyndaquil
    10. Turtwig

11. Tepig
    12. Torchic
    13. Oshawott

14. Piplup

15. Chimchar
    16. Snivy

There it is, spaced out appropriately. A tight race between Squirtle and Totodile for the top, but Squirt takes it. Also a tight race between Chimchar and Snivy as to which one I dislike more. This isn't including evolutions--my favorites of those are Charizard, Blastoise, and Blaziken.

Last edited:
    Years
    Wow, in the poll the fire starters arn't getting many votes. O.O That's surprising.

Anyway, my favorite starter is Oshawott. When I first looked at it I went 'ew'. Then I admitted it was kind of cute, and then it's evolutions came out, and I loved the thing. ^^ A samurai otter.

If we're judging just by the first stage, then either Cyndaquil, Totodile or Snivy win.

My least favourite has to be either Tepig or Chimchar. I don't particularity like them or their evolutions, but they aren't horrible. Except Tepig's second stage... that's horrible.

Back