• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ALL WILL FALL BEFORE ME!!! (litirally!) [RMT]

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    This is my RMT I've posted at
    the Pokelounge & decided to put it here too.
    I didn't add pictures, since i'm not sure how to post
    6 of them in a row...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HIPPOWDON @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/ 168 Def/ 88 SpD

Earthquake
    Slack Off
    Stealth Rock
    Stone Edge

My leading pokemon. Hippowdon, the moment it comes in,
    brings a eternal sand storm that'll hurt my opponent more it does me,
    (unless they are using a weather team) & set up Stealth Rock to add
    to resuidal(I misspelled this, didn't I?) damage, & with Earthquake &
    Stone Edge, it'll have complete coverage with Gravity, & will last quite
    a while with Leftovers & Slack Off.
    JIRACHI @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 240 HP/ 160 Def/ 75 SpD/ 32 Spe

Iron Head
    Gravity
    U-turn
    Body Slam

Jirachi uses Gravity, & make sweeps easier for it's allies
    by paralyzing with Body Slam, which has the bonus of paralyzing
    ground-types, too. & Jirachi can use the "para-flinch" stragity,
    made possible with Iron Head. this helps to wear down the opponent,
    so it can use U-turn to swicth to someone that can finish the job.
    FORRETRESS @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/ 112 Atk/ 144 Def

Toxic Spikes
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Rapid Spin

Forretress helps offensive Gravity team by removing entry hazards with
    Rapid Spin, softening the opponent up with Toxic Spikes. (& with Gravity,
    I believe that Earthquake will hit everything that resist Toxic Spikes)
    Forretress will Explode on dragons that are foolish enough to set-up
    to teach them a lesson, this move also give some extra power, which I like.
    VAPOREON @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 188 HP/ 252 Def/ 68 Spe

Wish
    Protect
    Hydro Pump
    Blizzard

Vaporeon is my sole Wish supporter,
    & can REALLY hurt stuff with 100% accurate Hydro Pump & Blizzard,
    due to Gravity. Also because of Gravity, there's no water-type that is
    immune to Forretress' Toxic Spikes, (Except for Tentacruel & Empoleon, but
    they should not be a problem either, since my other pokemon can take them)
    so it should have no fear of it fellow bulky-water pokemon.
    CLEFABLE @ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 SpA & Spe/ 4 HP

Gravity
    Grass Knot
    Fire Blast
    Softboiled

Clefable sets up Gravity, & counters Swampert with Grass knot.
    Fire Blast should take Skarmory & Scizor, also enemy Forretresses...
    Maybe Metagross, too....Thankfully, Vaporeon is a excellent Heatran check,
    so it can't really make use of it's Flash Fire ability...
    Softboiled will make Clefable last a long time, which is excellent for a Gravity user...
    MAMOSWINE @ Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 252 Atk& Spe/ 4 HP

Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Superpower

My main sweeping force. Mamoswine counters usually used their ground immunitity to swicth into
    it, but with Gravity active, very few can end it's sweeps. Mamoswine's Ice shard hits dragons before
    they can do anything, & Ice Shard also finish off weaken foes. Stone Edge & Superpower
    are for coverage. (Plus Stone Edge also become 100% accurate during Gravity.)
    My 2-cents:
    This team is getting better still... this started out as a Gravity team,
    but now I guess it's now a Gravity & Sand Storm team.... 2 different
    field effect in 1 team should add to my advantage...
    Does anyone see any major weaknesses now?

Last edited:

Rhymed

YouSpinMeRightRound
    Years
    grass knot over magical leaf on clefable, and you spelt literally wrong. other than that, not a terrible gravistorm team, but sing on clefable maybe.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I'm thinking you have quite a big MixApe weak.

I can't really help you remedy this as I suck.

But just wanted to point that out.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I have used a lot of team similar to yours in past and I feel me to give you this suggestion: you are a lot of weak to Trick and Vaporeon not having a set-up of very offensive Evs and not having Life Orb doesn't do very of Hydro Pump & Blizzard.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I have used a lot of team similar to yours in past and I feel me to give you this suggestion: you are a lot of weak to Trick and Vaporeon not having a set-up of very offensive Evs and not having Life Orb doesn't do very of Hydro Pump & Blizzard.
    How would you set up Vaporeon's EVs to have offense & still
    be a good Wish supporter? Life Orb + Sandstorm = Not good for
    Vaporeon! NONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!
    I NEED MY BOOTIFUL VAPOREON!!!!!!!!
    & should I try having a other pokemon to counter Infernape?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    It doesn't really matter if Vappy doesn't do that much IMO, since its main role is Wish Support, not killing stuff. Leave that to Mamoswine and stuff like that.

If you're scared about Trick, you can slap a Choice Scarf on one of your Pokemon, or sub a Pokemon out for a Choice Scarf Sweeper. In Gravity, Mamoswine could potentially Choice Scarf, since it has a monstrous 130 Base Attack already.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I didn't see Vaporeon...I swear ._.'

Well..Once Vap's gone MixApe does rip through a bit.

"Once Blissey is gone, Jolteon can outspeed and smash your team."...etc. An obvious enough point that nobody brings up unless the Pokemon in question is easy to get rid of or is heavily relied upon to counter several other threats. Just for future reference.

@Skip Shot: Scarf Mamoswine sucks. It revenge kills almost nothing that the Band set can't. Novelty at best.

Years
    if i was battling you my lead is always ninjask so id sub youd use stealth rock id SD you would have to use stone edge and hit the sub if it missed and i got 2 SD in you would automatically lose to my dragonite who is holding a yache berry it would sweep all of your team with fire/thunder/ice punch the only problem for me would be mamoswine but the yache berry is covering it and because if you switch out on hippodon its another free SD you cant really afford to play your gravity strategy the only thing you can do to counter ninjasks is a multiple hit move so maybe change hippowdon for gliscor and i probabily wouldnt be able to set up so easy

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    if i was battling you my lead is always ninjask so id sub youd use stealth rock id SD you would have to use stone edge and hit the sub if it missed and i got 2 SD in you would automatically lose to my dragonite who is holding a yache berry it would sweep all of your team with fire/thunder/ice punch the only problem for me would be mamoswine but the yache berry is covering it and because if you switch out on hippodon its another free SD you cant really afford to play your gravity strategy the only thing you can do to counter ninjasks is a multiple hit move so maybe change hippowdon for gliscor and i probabily wouldnt be able to set up so easy

You do have a point here actually, this team is easilly set up on. Especially that Darn Dual Screen ----> Baton Passer-----> Sweeper strategy.

Slapping Taunt or Roar on something might work. Since this team is VERY defensive (almost stall) and doesnt really have a way of stopping stat uppers.

Also Vaporeon wants Hidden Power Electric >> Blizzard or you lose miserably to Gyarados.

Years
    oh and id probabily change vaporeon for swampert you dont need wish support with how defensive you are or maybe a lapras with EQ on it

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I just noticed how heavily defense-oriented your team is. (/how i helped to make it that way) I would just drop Mamoswine, and run a full Gravistall. The best way to do this is get a Ground Resist that can pull off a last-poke win if needed. The standard stall Celebi is a good choice. However, since Clefable has Magic Guard, you don't have to use Heal Bell, opening up for Grass Knot/HP Fire/ Recover/ Perish Song.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I agree with skipshot actually. Its basically one of those balanced teams that really dont work. I mean its too offensively retarded not to get stalled by foe heavy stall and too defensively weak to not get swept by heavy offense. All out Stall and all out offense are really only the viable playing styles this metagame. Your team kinda sits in the middle, i mean ANY sweepers that gets past vappy destroys you. This team needs firstly do decide on what playing style it wants to use and what it wants to accomplish.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I agree with skipshot actually. Its basically one of those balanced teams that really dont work. I mean its too offensively retarded not to get stalled by foe heavy stall and too defensively weak to not get swept by heavy offense. All out Stall and all out offense are really only the viable playing styles this metagame. Your team kinda sits in the middle, i mean ANY sweepers that gets past vappy destroys you. This team needs firstly do decide on what playing style it wants to use and what it wants to accomplish.
    I'll make this one defense...
    (I think it's closer to defense, anyways...
    In this case, I may want to use Blissey...)

Back