• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Alolan Persian Sighted

Years
This was another that I wondered for a brief moment if it was just some artist's rendition of what Alolan Persian might look like, since...yeah, definite Garfield vibes like whoa from this one. I wasn't expecting them to go that cartoony on the design compared to regular Persian. :P

I am indifferent to this one. I don't hate it, but neither do I really like it.

MKC

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
"Ugly-cute" cats are in right now. So hot.
Poor Purugly already tried that and it didn't go too well for it.

250px-432Purugly.png

Actually when you think about it the Alolan Meowth line is basically the same as the Glameow line, a purple/gray fancy cat that becomes a spoiled ugly cat upon evolving, that's kinda disappointing.

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
But Purugly looks badass and Alola Persian just looks .....stupid. I don't really get it... Alola Persian had so much potential. I would love if it had some "jewels" in its body, since Alola Meowth was raised by the Royal Family. But this.... This is such a boring design.... GF got lazy there '-'

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
The had the opportunity to do a lot when designing Alolan Persian... like making it regal/majestic. This is really disappointing.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Must admit I am disappointed with Alohan Persian as I thought it would be based on an actual Persian cat instead of a normal Persian with a squashed face. It is cute however and depending on typing I may use it at one point.

The worst Alohan Pokemon? No as Alohan Dugtrio exists and adding hair to it does not make what was a lazy design to begin with any better.

Years
I too am utterly disappointed here. Alolan Meowth wasn't that bad, and Persian in itself is while plain, not badly designed, so yes it had great potential. I do love its colours though. Honestly, if all else they had changed, if anything at all, was to give it that smug look in its eyes, I would totally have used it considering it does bear an interesting typing.

I really had my hopes up for this guy but I am really let down.

Last edited:

MKC

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
But Purugly looks badass and Alola Persian just looks .....stupid. I don't really get it... Alola Persian had so much potential. I would love if it had some "jewels" in its body, since Alola Meowth was raised by the Royal Family. But this.... This is such a boring design.... GF got lazy there '-'
I do like Purugly myself, but most people don't seem to like it, so I don't see how they thought repeating the same concept was going to work, at least Purugly is all around well designed being all fat which is kinda cute, Alolan Persian just looks awkward.

Must admit I am disappointed with Alohan Persian as I thought it would be based on an actual Persian cat instead of a normal Persian with a squashed face. It is cute however and depending on typing I may use it at one point.

The worst Alohan Pokemon? No as Alohan Dugtrio exists and adding hair to it does not make what was a lazy design to begin with any better.

I wouldn't say Alolan Dugtrio is too bad, Dugtrio didn't have any unique qualities before, it was just 3 diglets stuck together, by adding hair to it at least has one redeeming quality, being absolutely fabulous~
Jokes aside, I feel like Alolan Dugtrio at the very least is an improvement over the original, each head has it's own hairstyle now making them somewhat unique rather than just being 3 Alolan Diglets, it feels more like an actual evolution rather than just 3 diglets stuck together.

Years
After seeing it in battle I personally don't see anything wrong with it. It's a bit different, but things needed to change after so such a long period of stagnation.

Back