• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen altering cave

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    Isnt there already a thread about this? and anyways isnt it just there for some events in america or something to get some more johto pokemon which where later released in emerald.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Isnt there already a thread about this? and anyways isnt it just there for some events in america or something to get some more johto pokemon which where later released in emerald.

Altering cave only shows up IN emerald. And for altering cave to do anything than be stupid have have zubats. You need to download stuff from events, otherwise don't bother with it.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Altering cave only shows up IN emerald. And for altering cave to do anything than be stupid have have zubats. You need to download stuff from events, otherwise don't bother with it.

The cave also appears in FR and LG, so what he said is true, it was supossed to give you rare pokes.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Yeah you could download some johto pokemon from Nintendo before from events.

Some of the pokemon included Houndour, and Stantler.

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Years
    Yeah you could download some johto pokemon from Nintendo before from events.

Some of the pokemon included Houndour, and Stantler.

All the pokémon in Altering Cave (except for Zubat), can be found in the Safari Zone in Pokémon Emerald wierdly...

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    IDK

Zubats are good for speed EV training. So if you ever get the urge to speed EV train for some reason, the abundance of zubat makes it easier

I don't know about that, but in disclaiming that. I am new to Ev trainer, the Zubats I fought were like lvl 6 and 8. Does that still count in EV training if your like omfg levels higher than the opponent?

Fr/LG, I did not know it showed up in those, my kid delete my file on LG, cuz he wanted to play and decided not to wait or even ask. Saved, and bamm gone data. I was at the last badge too ; ;

But yeah Altering cave not worth it.. sadly, also yeah in Emerald most of the pokemon there you CAN indeed catch in safari zone, especially once you beat the E4. A new area opens up, with Aipom, Stantler, Spinerak!!! w00t. Miltank even.. beh.lol

Years
    I don't know about that, but in disclaiming that. I am new to Ev trainer, the Zubats I fought were like lvl 6 and 8. Does that still count in EV training if your like omfg levels higher than the opponent?

Yes, you still get 1 EV in speed if you kill a Zubat, regardless of the level. A level 100 Zubat would give you 1 EV as well.

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    It is meant for only an Event, and: WHAT THE HECK IS EV???

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    It is meant for only an Event, and: WHAT THE HECK IS EV???

Effort Values, basically points you earn after defeating a pokemon, to help gain better stats. Read on that guide for more detail info.

Back