• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Always Fire Red and not Leaf Green!!

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    both of the games r good.ive got leaf green and my brother has fire red.the only difference is the pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    It's my main game that I use. I don't know why... I just bought it first, then bought Leaf Green as a storage unit for my lovely eggs, and to trade excess Pokemon over to. Simply because I bought FR beforehand, and used it first. That's it really. There's no real difference between the two to start off with. :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Because!!~~ FireREd comes b4 Leaf green in the alphabet i have both ganez i got FR yesterday

BeameR

Lover
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 17, 2006
    red is my least fav color, ive never owned a red pkmn game

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    my whole room is red and orange
    its like looking into the sunset
    maybe thats why i chose fire red
    hmm i wonder *daydreams*

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
    Years
    anyways i prefer LG now! got my main game there and the cartdrige is more rare, like more Oh look a green cartridge! while when you see red color you say cool pokemon.

I think its more colorfull more.. different dunno how to explain that lol

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
    Years
    Dizzy, please don't use words that are not intended such as 'gay'. Anyways, it's just people's favorites I suppose. It's more original to the United States then Leaf Green, plus venasaur doesn't exactly win the cute category, neither does Charizard but he/she still looks better. It's all just based on theory, we'll probably never know the real answer, only people's speculations.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    i bought both games at the same time (i was the first in my state to get them, heehee), but i would play Leaf Green first for one reason: Sandshrew. with the new TMs and techniques, Sandshrew/Sandslash were among my favourites, them and Magmar

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    He's talking about the names of the cartridges. Fire Red, Leaf Green.

I chose fire red because I just like red. No other reason really.

icer

Clouded Leopard
    Years
    Why did I get Fire Red?
    Well, if there was Blue I'd get that because Blue is my favourite colour. But since there isn't I got red because
    -I knew I'd choose Charmander so may as well get it to go with him
    -I like the fire in the start more than the floating leaves.
    -Scizor
    -Skarmory
    -The fact I'll end up buying Green anyway...

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    its just bcuz of a basic reason, whichever game is named first that game will be more famous.
    red/blue/green: red is more famous.
    gold/silver:gold is more famous
    ruby/sapphire:ruby is more famous
    also most ppl will buy that game.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    stewie&rupert said:
    its just bcuz of a basic reason, whichever game is named first that game will be more famous.
    red/blue/green: red is more famous.
    gold/silver:gold is more famous
    ruby/sapphire:ruby is more famous
    also most ppl will buy that game.

Everyone I know of likes Silver better than Gold, but I agree with you. The more dominant color usualy gets more attention.

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
    Years
    Therefore, whichever color is dominint, gets more appeal. Personally I got leaf green because I like green (not as much as pink) but that's my opinion, and others like differnet colors. Dominancy seems to be the largest factor when saying which pokemon you have (Gold, Red, Fire Red.) as opposed to (Silver, Blue, Leaf Green) I'm on the second track, I think it began when my cousin had pokemon and I wanted to be just like him....except he told me to get blue or he'd hate me for the rest of his life.

Back