• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Always Nervous.

Alec_

Years
  • Are you always nervous?
    Then this is the perfect thread for you!

The Introduction and About the Thread Poster:
    Hello. Im ~Fairytales. Im sure that all of you have seen me before here at PokeCommunity. As you can see. I've posted this thread for the people who is always nervous like me. I think i have the Anxiety Disorder and a Phobia one. So i can't really speak like when my teacher is calling my name and getting my scores in my exams. I feel like im not in myself i feel like i wanna run and hide in the closet because i think that i will just be embarrased. So here is the thread we could talk about. You could share tips on how to stop nervousness!

The Rules of the Thread:
    No Spamming.
    No Double Posts.
    No Arguements.

About Anxiety Disorder:
    Anxiety Disorder are the most common mental illness in many developed countries. These disorders affect the immune system and persons who worry a lot are more likely to suffer from ailments. Women are twice as likely as men to suffer from panic attacks and anxiety disorders. Younger persons are far more likely to worry compared to elderly persons.

Anxiety can cause emotional stress, Worry or anxiety is thinking about unpleasant or negative events in the past or future.

Some Tips on how to stop Worrying!:
    Some of the methods used to stop worrying are:
    1. Become conscious of the fact that you are worrying as soon as you start worrying. The earlier you detect that you are worrying, the faster you are able to take corrective action.

2. Try to analyze the cause of the worry . If it is due to a problem or unpleasant situation you have faced in the past, you should realize that the past cannot be changed.
    If the problem is likely to occur in the future, try to get more factual information about the situation. Evaluate the options available, make a decision and take action accordingly.

3. When you start worrying, make a note of it in your notebook. At the end of the day, count the number of times you worried and observe this trend over a period of time.

4. Reserve some time of the day as a "worry period" where you only think about all your worries. If you start worrying at any other time of the day, postpone the worrying to the "worry period". However, the worry period should not be too close to bed time, since this could affect your sleep.

5. Since worrying causes stress, which affects the body, relaxation techniques may help. Some simple and effective relaxation techniques are deep breathing and meditation.

--------------------
    I have already try all those tips. The perfect thing for me is to go to a doctor or a psychologist.

~Fairytales.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    Yea, im nervous in front of my class, and whatnot.

Years
  • That is great and everything, and I am sure some people will be happy to read this, but there is such a thing as Google!

If they worry, then they can look it up.

There are a million and one problems out there, should we all make a topic about that and how we deal with it?

I am not having a go or anything, just saying it is a little pointless...

Alec_

Years
  • That is great and everything, and I am sure some people will be happy to read this, but there is such a thing as Google!

If they worry, then they can look it up.

There are a million and one problems out there, should we all make a topic about that and how we deal with it?

I am not having a go or anything, just saying it is a little pointless...
    Yeah just the tips. I got the meaning from the dictionary and copied it. xD
    But i really want some more tips. xD

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I honestly find the only helpful 'tip' is to remember that this, and everything, is mind over matter. Just like you can trick yourself into running a marathon, you can trick yourself outta anxiety since it is all in your head. Awareness is not exactly what I'm going at, moreso...disbelief. If you refuse to acknowledge it's there, then how can it disturb you?

If that doesn't work for some reason, you get some support from someone else. It's the best way outta a panic attack.

Alec_

Years
  • Well i usually think of the future. Like. For example. Im gonna recite my script. Then im thinking the future of what im going to recite. Then i always think of negative things. Then i got nervous. That's my whole problem.

~Fairytales.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    The only thing that used to make me nervous was if someone was trying to insult me in front of a lot of people.
    But then again, people rarely tries to insult me, and also I'm sure that this won't affect me now like it used to years ago.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • Well, I understand completely about anxiety disorders. It is really difficult dealing with it, trust me. I wouldn't call it nervous for me, but anxious about what might happen. It often hinders me from doing some things. Like I won't tell people my opinions because I think they might hate me. I know it sounds crazy, but it is actually a mental condition that a lot of people have.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I'm nervous and anxious all the time, and have a bit of an inferiority thing..
    I normal try to do something that calms me down, or just talk to my friends..
    I worry a lot too, which sometimes affects my sleep.

Back