• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I the only one that feels the television show sucks?

GeneralSkarr

Golden Member
    Years
    Not to offend those who might like the show or whatever, but since I was in grade eight, I felt the tv show was a waste of time. I felt it focused on redundant themes and backwards story plots that lasted 15 mins followed by a routine that has been present since the first pokemon episodes. Not to say that every single episode sucks. It's just that, most of them do. The manga would make a way better show, having superior art style, story and characters. Despite all these very valid and frank points, I guess it boils down to this, the show is meant for little kids, not the ones that grew up pokemon, but those younger ones just joining the bandwagon, those who aren't impressed by this crap, so they watch naruto (which ain't all of that). I sound like a hater and maybe I am, but so what, that's the way I feel about the topic. So follow suit and tell me what you think. Am I wrong? Or am I just gonna die in the flames of a Ponyta or some **** like that?

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    I think it suck now. It's terrible. The voice acting, the plot, the increasingly gullible characters. It's all falling apart.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    I feel the same way too. Its been almost 10 years since i last watched pokemon and i find that the story is incredibly boring and repetitive. But that could be because of my age :D

In terms of the story, i like the old episodes way better than the new one. Episodes like 'Pokemon, I choose you!', 'Snow way out', 'Goodbye Pikachu', 'Friends and Foe Alike', 'Charizard Chills', 'Goodbye butterfree' are what made pokemon nice to watch. But sadly, episodes like that simply don't exist anymore ever since ummm the Johto saga? Theres wad an episode in which Ash was possessed by an evil king's spirit or something? That episode would've been so awesome if they made it a touching one...

The movie is still great, especially the 1st, 4th, 8th and 9th one.

Though i find Ash's new voice actor unacceptable, and it was just as i was about to get used to the old one.... She sounds more 'manly' but is so inconsistent and unnatural. Its kinda annoying how Ash destroyed every new character's bike, loses to his rival after every major league, does the same action and line whenever pikachu loses a battle. But i guess thats what they have to do to keep the series going.

Last edited:

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I actually think the Kanto episodes are cheesy now...xD But I actually like the D/P episodes. It seems a *little* more...ehhh..."grown up"?

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Dear god no you aren't. It has very little plot, the episodes are repetetive, there's hardly any depth to the series at all, and it's really just not that entertaining. I understand that a lot of this is being worked on with the D/P episodes, but it still really doesn't appeal to me very much. I can't get back into it. It feels like now they're trying to appeal to the kiddies who are just joining the bandwagon, and I can understand why they would, but it's not working for me.

Some of the movies were good and the first season was awesome, but overall the anime's just lost it for me. :\

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    If i'm not wrong, Pokemon was intended to be 1 season only. But it turns out to be so popular among children that....well u've alot of episodes now.

Pokemon targets at a younger age group, so its natural that after a certain age(for most people), u'll find the anime boring.

I must admit that if i were 10 years old now, i would love pokemon so much ;)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Yup, the Pokemon fandom is filled with complainers.
    If you dont like it, then gtfout! Go watch Narooto or whatever you squirts watch.
    When you come to realize that Pokemon is aimed for kids (and in Japan, I hear it's aimed at all ages), then you can come back.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl is the best season so far. Of course I watch the Japanese version but quite a few episodes of DP are subbed now and the PUSA dub aint THAT bad. Of course I pledged not to watch it after the Shinji tragedy but the dub overall isn't that bad.
    Plus, if you make jokes about how stupid some things are in the story and not complain about it, you may find it fun to watch. Trust me, ever since I learned of the MukuBirds and the Korobooshis and the Bidoofs, I am constantly entertained by the show... or at least some of the fandom on serebiiforums.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
    Kanto and Diamond and Pearl are my favorite seasons. :D

I've been on the Pokewagon since I first watched this on KidsWB back in 1997. I still love it after all these years and will continue loving and watching it (and uploading the Japanese version xD). :D

TheAlliedAxis

Pokemon fan forever!
    Years
    Nonsense.

I love them. Ash has a new rival and that helps to mix things up. I wouldn't mind if the comedy was matured up a bit though. Overall, I can't miss watching the show.

☆Stardust☆

Your best friend
    Years
    All I have to really complain about is the voice acting. And the first seasons WERE a lot better than DP. DP is just OK.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    yah your right the show really isnt that good the games are awesome and the movies are to but the show really isnt that good =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    MAybe Pokemon is to childish for most people but thats because you grow up.

I still think that pokemon season 1 could be better if misty wasn't in it :)

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    I haven't watched Pokemon since the early Hoenn episodes (very recently watched Movie 4, 5 & 6 and all Chronicle episodes though). What do the new voices sound like?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Pokemon is aimed towards younger kids. The older group might not like it as much. I guess I am part of the "younger group" when I'm 13 XD My love for Pokemon is still strong. And Pokemon anime is still a favorite of mine. I can't say I have anything to complain about it X3

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    We have to remember though that a lot of us liked this show more in the beginning, when we were a lot younger. It's a given that we wouldn't like the show as much as we got older.

... and yet the anime is really terrible. I dislike the slowness of it, the voice acting, and everything basically. It's deteriorating and losing it's originality.[/size

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I really agree with some of you, It has gone downhill from the time it started in the Kanto region. It had humor in it. Now is more like you cringe whenever you hear they try to be funny. xD

BUT I still do like the anime and never miss an episode due to my DVR. :P

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I love Pokemon, the show and the games, but some of these are really getting boring and they should make it better. Knowing they have so much fans, i would expect them make it more interesting. Still i'm going to continue watching

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    They have to make the story plain and simple(not complicated) so it'll appeal to the younger audience. I bet the same thing will happen again and Ash will finish in top 8 in the Sinnoh League. I wonder whats after Diamond and Pearl ;)

If u dislike the english voice actors, go watch the raw ones! The original voice actors are just so awesome :D

Back