• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Amachi's Pixelated Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Thanks Blazichu for your compliments (and Signomi).

Well as some of you may have noticed, I have just recently started my hack, and being a spriter, it's a natural step for me to create custom trainers.

Zitu - Female Heroine

She's a cutie ain't she?

But since this is a sprite showcase dedicated to bishōjo, then you'll have to go to the hack thread to check out the other trainer Yes I'm fussy like that =P.

Anywho, expect the OW's for this character soon, as well as sprites for other characters.

Last edited:

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Hmmm, nice sprites you got here. Eveything looks real good, Nico Robins pose just seems all wrong, and I suppose the girl that's leaping could be better.But otherwise everything else is really good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    ^^; yeah, as I said earlier, them initial sprites are from 6 months or so ago, and evidently I have improved over time.

As for Nico Robin's pose: it's been mentioned a couple of times, so I guess I might rework a pose for that, but it's not really a major priority - are you a fan of OP?

And as for Midori's leap, that was a sad attempt at a sprite, and basically cause it's half incomplete, it probably doesn't look as good as it should :<

But thanks for your comments Goatman ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I've changed the title of the thread now (in case you didn't notice), just so I can show some of my other stuff off =)

ohoh!! I looooooove the misty one coz i'm a big misty fan!!! make more!!! make more!!! (misty) it is not a request, it is a demand xD! jks
    Hehehe, I've actually got something of Misty that I'd like to do, but I'm a bit busy with some other stuff at the moment, so yeah -_-;

But thanks for the praise ^^

Anywho, Season's Greetings to everyone! (I know I'm a bit late, but I'm going somewhere with this, so just bare with me).

In the spirit of the season I decided to make some gifts for a couple of mates here on PC ... but since the only thing I can give them is some form of pixelated art, I just did that ^^

This was for Jae-kun (cause he loves Typhlosion), and so yeah. I just wish I anti-aliased the text ... oh wellz

Dragonite - This pixel over was part of a gift to mazilwolf. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to finishing it (couldn't decide how to really). She liked it anyway ^_^

Oh and happy New Years to everyone as well ^_^

Comments pwease.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010

Dragonite - This pixel over was part of a gift to mazilwolf. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to finishing it (couldn't decide how to really). She LOVED it anyway ^_^

^^ thankyews Ray~ *steals it away someplace* its so very cue and so very VERY well done. the quality of ALL you work never ceases to amaze me! Its constant thoughout all your pieces, never give up! and we want more! >: (
    your bestest amiga fan: Mazilwolf~

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    hehehe, thank's Maz, I appreciate your ego boosting comments ;p

And since you said you wanted more ....

It's a random cat. I guess I was really bored today ;p

Well, I think it's pretty good for my first piece of scratch work =] It started off with me drawing a bunny which some how turned into a cat XD;

Comments please =]

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    ...Wow, that's very nice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    hehehe, thank's Maz, I appreciate your ego boosting comments ;p

And since you said you wanted more ....

It's a random cat. I guess I was really bored today ;p

Well, I think it's pretty good for my first piece of scratch work =] It started off with me drawing a bunny which some how turned into a cat XD;

Comments please =]

xD i can see how it was a bunny once lol!
    really awesome piece of scrtach though! 8D!
    my ego-boosting comments shall continue whilst you an still if your head though doorways 'migoh!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    ...Wow, that's very nice.
    ... Thanks XD

I like the pixel-over, but you may want to give credit to Suta-Raito for the original image.
    Wasn't Suto Raito, but I made the appropiate edits.

xD i can see how it was a bunny once lol!
    really awesome piece of scrtach though! 8D!
    my ego-boosting comments shall continue whilst you an still if your head though doorways 'migoh!
    hehe thanks Maz, I appreciate it (specially coming from you).

Anywho, back to sprites ...

Redesigned Zitu Trainers

As I said before, the older ones didn't look like trainers at all, so I think these new ones definitely do.

And while I know the girl is a recolour of May, it worked with the design, so I'm happy with it.

And yeah .... I'MA MOD NOW! Now I can do whatever I want in this joint!

Just kidding, I'll be nice ^^

Comments please (preferably on the sprites ^^)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • those trainers sprites are AWESOME. i love them. i love their colors as well. just a few things: the male and female sprites' colors look too alike. usually, the trainers have the same base colors, but the amount of each used usually compliment each other. also, both of them have the same hair color. it's not a big deal, but it's just something to consider.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    hehehe, thanks Samson. And yea, I'll take them pointers into consideration. I remember thinking about that while doing them, but the thing is, if I were to make them compliment each other, I'd probably have to modify the colour scheme :<

Anywho, a couple of new sprites here ^^

Fairy Tail characters - These characters are from a relatively new manga under the name of Fairy Tail. I personally think it's an awesome manga, heck, one of the characters is in my signature right now ^^

The characters (from left to right) are Natsu, Lucy and Happy (link)

Anywho, it has been said that the manga initially bears a striking resemblance to One Piece (another favourite series of mine ^^), and so what better style to sprite the characters in than in the One Piece Wonderswan style ^^

So yeah, any comments?

Last edited:

Patrick Bateman

G L O R I A
    Years
  • For some reason I didn't notice it before but I really like that Misty dressed as Ash sprite. It makes me thoroughly happy. Also the Fairy Tail sprites are definitely to my liking.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    For some reason I didn't notice it before but I really like that Misty dressed as Ash sprite. It makes me thoroughly happy. Also the Fairy Tail sprites are definitely to my liking.
    heheh, I'm glad that it makes you happy, thanks ^^

the fiary tale sprites are very good.. 9.9/10.. And i love your new zitu sprites!! 9.9/10..
    Thanks for your comments. And as much as I love ego-boosting comments such as yours, the simple ratings you have given me are against the pixel art forum rules, so next time, please be a bit more thorough when commenting. Thank you ^^

Gah, I had to moderate my own thread XD

Well anywho, some new sprites.

May in a dress =P

This is something that I've wanted to sprite ever since I saw this picture. However, I don't think it turned out very good unfortunately, so I'd like some pointers on how to improve upon this one. Note that it's in DP style. I probably chose to do it that way since the sprite is larger than your GBA ones, but yeah, I'm still making my mind up about the style :/

Erza from Fairy Tail - One Piece Wonderswan style

Another character from Fairy Tail. Umm, there's no officially coloured pictures of her out there, so I had to make a guess on her colours. But she's wearing armour, but I wouldn't expect it to be all shiny like, so yeah. I like how the sprite came out though, but I feel that it doesn't convey a lot of her personality. Yeah, she's a tough one who can summon weapons, that's why I love her ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I like everything about those sprites, don't think they can be improved much. Maybe add a bit more colour to May's dress then it will be perfect.

Keep up the great work, [ray.z].

Years
  • Wow, first time ive been here im amazed!
    Very nice work Ray i especially like the trainer sprites and the dress on the May in the Dress! Its my fav out of all. Im not much of a fan of One Piece but i know what some of the characters look like and let me tell you they look like exact!
    I'm a fan of your work and i hope you progress even further to become a master Pixel Artist! (like Sig =3)

Giovanni

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    well thanks for your comments guys =]

TBG: heh, I'm a long way from her, but it'd be nice to reach her level of skill one day.

Well anywho, I haven't done all that much as of late.

Cept the OW's for the Zitu Trainers.

I still hafta do all the other poses though DD:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back