• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

American Idiots poems

Poet of Darkness

Poet of darkness
    Years
    Hi guys. I just came up with a poem so i was hoping you could read and post a review about it thanks.Hope you like it.

Darkness
    my soul drifting in the sea of eternity,
    hope, crushed
    and then,
    light
    flooding the darkness of my mind
    bringing with it hope
    joy
    happiness will prevail

Thanks for reading!!!

Last edited:

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Hey I enjoyed reading this cuz of your different use of verbs xD

It was short and cool

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    It's a rather simplistic poem which I like and it portrays great meaning. I suggest using better placement with the words in each line and punctuating so the reader will know what the flow of the poem feels like. Also, if you want to make this an excellent poem, you should check out a thesaurus and replace common words like: "happiness," "joy," "bringing," etc. with words with more meaning or connotation to get the reader interested. That's just some advice though. It's your choice to take it or not. Otherwise, it's a pretty good poem.

Years
    Rather plain and expectable, bears no surprises and a dim yet maybe clichéd meaning. It's kinda ordinary considering it's length and it seems more as a filler. There's an acceptable choice of words, nevertheless, like Hantsuki said, they lack meaning.

I suggest making it longer it to an extent where you could fit in more imagery and so to portray a more certain meaning. People could come up with many interpretations to its depth and it's the best not to always have to explain the work's purpose yourself.

A different, clearer structure is always good.

Back