• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Amity Square

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Amity Square was a park located in Hearthome City where you could walk with certain Pokemon. These specific Pokemon are Pikachu, Clefairy, Psyduck, Pachirisu, Drifloon, Buneary, Happiny, all three Sinnoh Starters and their evolutions, (only in Platinum), Jigglypuff, Shroomish, Torchic and Skitty. Only these Pokemon can walk with you in Amity Square, and if none of these Pokemon are on your team, you will not be permitted to enter. In Amity Square, this Pokemon walks alongside you, and can sometimes find items such as berries, and dress-up accessories.

A small tidbit, but walking in Amity Square heals your party! I didn't know this until today.

What did you think of Amity Square? Did you walk in this location? What Pokemon would you have preferred to walk with?

-------------------------

I hate Amity Square. I think it's awful you can't walk with the Pokemon YOU find cute. Why is it up to the Amity Square staff? Also, how did Drifloon pass the "cute Pokemon" test? I quite literally agree w/the NPC who is upset he can't walk with his Steelix in Amity Square, it is discrimination towards other Pokemon.

If Diamond/Pearl ever get remade, and Amity Square returns, I hope they fix this and let you walk with whatever mon you want.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    WHY CAN'T I WALK WITH MY DUSKNOIR GAMEFREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS HE NOT CUTE ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! I PUT A BOW ON HIM FOR A CONTEST

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Probably would've been better to save it for HG/SS when every Pokemon had a following you sprite and so you could take whatever you wanted on it really

Back