• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An accident I paid a high price for...

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
    an expsition at school, two whole classes watching...and I happen to reveal my Pokemon obsession by accident, my USB card had some screenshots I made and some episode clips I had, but I forgot those were there, a friend starts up my laptop, and opens my USB card..the nightmare starts, at first I didn't understand why they were laughing, then I look at the proyection, and I see all the screenshots and the ep previews, then I had to scroll all the way down to the presentation, I could barely do it...don't know how I managed to get out, but I did...and you?, did something like this ever happen to you? (accidentally revealing your pokemon obsession?

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    I changed it. Yes, it did. I make my SC's so I happen to take this laptop to school cause I putted a report in and as soon as I pressed power it showed like an intro of my sc's and everyone thought that it was a new Pokemon game that was coming out later. Then I explained that I make SC's in PC and they liked it so much that I share my eppys every time I make a new one. Guess they are all Poke-maniacs.

Last edited:

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
    The Hunk said:
    Wow, I feel for you. That must have been a situation you wish you could reverse. Nothing like that has ever happened to me like that before. I would just use my sence of humor to come up with a witty comment to turn the attention away from the shots.

true, but I panicked, I didn't know what to do, or what to say, or what I'll do tomorrow...

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
    The Hunk said:
    I have been told before that when you reveal something you have been hiding look at someone else at what guilty pleasure they may be hiding.

Example: The quaterback in the back on the class may have a obsession with Desperate Housewives.

I hardly know any other peoples' secrets, but this is so embarassing...I mean, a living nightmare!, even the teacher laughed!

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
    The Hunk said:
    This is not a nightmare. Just say, "I am able to do what I wish. However remember when you embarass yourself I will not laugh at you. Why? Because I know the Golden Rule. 'Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you'."
    well, that works, but not always, I said, so what?, but I was red, and sweating, and people answered:, so..that!

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    This should go into Pokemon Discussion... o.o;

*MOVED*

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    Mwar, if they do not "approve" of your Pok?mon obsession, who cares? I mean, what can they do about it, laugh at you and tease you? Pssh. Just ignore them... mwar, if they are disrespectful to you for what you like, then they're not woth your time, just concentrate on the things that make you happy, not the things give you grief ~_^

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
    Porygon said:
    Mwar, if they do not "approve" of your Pok?mon obsession, who cares? I mean, what can they do about it, laugh at you and tease you? Pssh. Just ignore them... mwar, if they are disrespectful to you for what you like, then they're not woth your time, just concentrate on the things that make you happy, not the things give you grief ~_^

thanks for your support, but lemme tell you: I suck at ignoring others' comments, besides a great part of my life is social

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
    Porygon said:
    Hmmm... mwar, I can see your point. *sigh* Well, hey, just don't let it embarass you, and ya never know, maybe now ya can start expressing your Pok?mon obsession publicly now ~_^

you think?, did it work for you?, if it did, maybe I stand a chance...against all my school...

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Ah, that kinda sucks. .___.;; You see, us Pokemon fans wouldn't normally be so skittish about revealing our love of Pokemon to people if so many people (in our own age groups, mostly) didn't object it. <<; So far, only my three closest friends know, and being my best friends they really couldn't care less if I like Pokemon. XD

I did however reveal my obsession once in fifth grade. ^^; Though back then most kids in my class still sort of liked it, but weren't as obsessed as I was. I was drawing a sketch of a Charmander or something at my desk, when a girl and boy in my class came up to me and pointed out how good I was at drawing. They asked if I still liked Pokemon...I said yes (I could have stopped there...XD).

But then I went on and blurted out how I watch the show, collect the cards and play the games. @___________@ They just kinda stood there and exchanged looks of confusion...then they stared at me for a while and just walked away. XD; God, was I ever embarrassed. .___________.

Well, that's basically it...I'm not as obsessed now as I was back then, so there's a lesser chance of me making a fool out of myself again nowadays. XD

~Kelsey

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I was mocked for being a fan in the sixth grade, but by the time I was in high school I was very open about my obsession and people either didn't care or actually respected me for it...I know this is an exception to the rule, but I think we have a lot of underground fans who won't admit they like it here. My girl-who-is-a-friend-but-not-girlfriend who graduated this year is a huge fan too, probably older than all the other pokefans at school, and never got any trouble for it either...

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Holy crap! That's horrible...;-; can you say that it was a younger sibling's or cousins or neighbors Pokemon stuff??

Anyway, I sleep with a Pikachu doll ._. He is torn, dirty and pretty beaten up by my dog. I love him though <3 He's about...5 years maybe. He's also in one of the pics on my cell phone! <3 Only a couple of my friends know that I sleep with it, but they still dont know I like Pokemon...anyways, good luck tomorrow MC!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Ooh. That stinks. I too hide my Pokemon obssesion. I don't like people to know. it would totaly send my rep into the negatives(its already at zero) if anyone found out. Hmm maybe we should make a club.

Back