• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An experienced n00b

Sun Fin

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Hi all!

I'm old enough that I played Red when it first game out, and played it through so many times that when I bought Blue while visiting Tenerife I was able to complete it. This was challenging only because the game was in Spanish, a language I have never tried to learn!

I continued to buy and play games from every generation until White, which I just didn't enjoy as much. As a result I hadn't played a game in 5 years or so until that joyful summer of Pokemon Go obsession. Eventually my enthusiasm waned but now I've decided to give the core serious another play through, starting with Red. However I've decided that this time I'm going to do IV and EV training, something I've never done before and feel like I've going to need advice on the way so have joined up so I can annoy you all with questions!

I don't know what else you want to know about me? I'm from the UK, I'm training to be a vicar and Friends is the best TV show of all time. Charizard is my starter of choice and my favourite pokemon is Lucario! My forum name is always my online identity and it comes from another obsession - Three Kingdom's history. If any of you knows anything about that I'm always happy to discuss it, and if you don't then feel free to mock the strange choice of name!

Last edited:

fenberry

Lover <3
    Years
    Hello! Nice to meet you! IV and EV training are very time consuming, but VERY rewarding! You should definitely do it.

Sun Fin

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm just created a new thread with my initial questions in the previous generation section! I don't mind putting the time in - saves money on having to buy games :laugh-squinted:.

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, welcome to the forum!

Funnily enough, seeing your name before evening opening this thread reminded me of the Three Kingdoms. The Sun family was pretty awesome and the Wu empire really had some powerful generals.

I actually just finished watching the Three Kingdoms TV series (2010) - they portrayed Cao Cao and Sima Yi so well. If you haven't seen it I'd definitely recommend watching it (you can find the whole series on YT).

Anyway, good luck with the IV and EV grinding. Nice to meet you.

Hi Sun! Yeah, we'd be down to help you out if you have questions. =) I've been playing Pokémon since the late 90s and have went through every core game personally, so I can try to help out with things if not too busy! Always better to post in the appropriate forum though of course, since it means more people will see your question. Enjoy your time on PC ~

Sun Fin

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Hey, welcome to the forum!

Funnily enough, seeing your name before evening opening this thread reminded me of the Three Kingdoms. The Sun family was pretty awesome and the Wu empire really had some powerful generals.

I actually just finished watching the Three Kingdoms TV series (2010) - they portrayed Cao Cao and Sima Yi so well. If you haven't seen it I'd definitely recommend watching it (you can find the whole series on YT).

Anyway, good luck with the IV and EV grinding. Nice to meet you.

Hello there Synonym! That is a great TV series, another of my online communities was involved in putting together the English subs for it! Personally I love Sun Ce and Jian but can't stand Quan!

Hi Sun! Yeah, we'd be down to help you out if you have questions. =) I've been playing Pokémon since the late 90s and have went through every core game personally, so I can try to help out with things if not too busy! Always better to post in the appropriate forum though of course, since it means more people will see your question. Enjoy your time on PC ~

Thanks for the welcome Sheep! Just to check, the previous generation sub forum is the correct place to post ask about it right, not the competitive one?

Back