• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An eye for an eye makes the world go blind

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    What do you think of revenge? Must you get back at someone for something they did?

As for me, well, no I don't do revenge. Nope. Reason? Bad experience with it, people just get hurt and angry.

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Like a lot of things, revenge doesn't solve problems, it just makes them a whole lot worse and drags more people down with it.

I try to avoid doing things like that with all my might, so no, I'm nowhere near the type to take revenge.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Perhaps if I'm playing against someone on Brawl or something and I get knocked out of the arena then I'll go after them after re-spawning, but beyond that, I think revenge is pointless.

Otter

Reminiscing Every Now and Then
    Years
  • I don't support revenge at all, and I think the saying "an eye for an eye..." pretty much sums up the consequences of it. It's better to learn from the experience and make sure it doesn't happen again for you, either by avoiding interaction with the offender or just being on your guard more. Sometimes you might need to go a bit further if you want to make sure it won't happen again, but blind revenge won't do that either.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • From my personal experience, vengeance is freakin' fun, but one of the parties ultimately loses more than either parties expected. >_>

It's kinda like gambling in that sense. :P

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It depends what they did. Rumors: Nah, I don't care about those anything. Killing my dog: Yes, I would get revenge by destroying <insert five things dear to them here that isn't an animal here>. Regardless of whether the dog-killing was on purpose or accidental.​

Years
  • But if you take both of their eyes while they only have one of yours, you can still see, and get a cool eyepatch. :3

Translation: They screw me over, I way overreact and try to do much worse to them. :D

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
  • I try not to go for revenge. It ends up bad for me (I use video games as an example...it never ends well).

I will avenge people, but I never go for revenge for myself.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    But if you take both of their eyes while they only have one of yours, you can still see, and get a cool eyepatch. :3

Translation: They screw me over, I way overreact and try to do much worse to them. :D
    Yes, but then they get TWO eye patches.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    >:3

Revenge is as sweet as sugar, I love it.

haha, same in some situations. Well you just have to get back at people. I'm pretty sure everyone's who said they don't do revenge has committed revenge in some tiny little way. Just like.. pushing someone back or calling them something back. I guess that counts as revenge.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I shouldn't support revenge, but under certain circumstances, I do. If someone has done something really bad to you, you should be able to get them back.

I get revenge on people all the time, I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Haha, in video games it's harmless fun but otherwise... no, it's pretty stupid. Dwelling on something like the prospect of revenge in the off-chance you can carry it out just sounds so obsessive and creepy and unhealthy. :( Definitely not something I'm interested in.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Not all the time, i would normally do it if i'm in a bad mood or if I happen to hate the person.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Call of Duty has taught me that whenever you go for revenge kills, you will only end up increasing your own death count. When it comes to real life things, if we're having a prank war or doing something harmless, then I will most likely go for revenge. However, in more serious situations I know that revenge will only make things worse, so I try to avoid it (to a certain point, of course).

Back