• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

And now for something...not really original at all?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    *Dies out of shame* So yeah, after going through those Shonen jump matches I finally decided to put together a Diamond Dude Turbo deck and try it just to see if it was really worth all the fuss.

It freakin' was. @.@ Against your average ingame opponent, I win nine out of ten games before turn five and quite many on the first one I get to attack. Random wi-fi n00bs don't do much better either.

So yeah, you peoples should be familiar with the principle here (and if not, you seriously need to study up on this game); it's all about getting out Diamond Dude ASAP to start spamming normal spells from the deck, using Reasoning and Monster Gate to rip through the better part of the deck as fuel for an all-ending Magical Explosion (quite often pulling up a choice pick by special summoning Dark Magician of Chaos) while triple Dimension Fusion combined with Phoenix Blade allows me to drop down those scant few monsters of mine time and time again.

So yeah, basically this is one of the currently dominant decktypes in the metagame. Spirit Caller's limited card library forces me to forego assets like Cyber Valley, Malicious, Disc Commander, and Allure of Darkness but at least I've got unlimited Stratos and Dimension Fusion, not to mention Graceful Charity, to (sort of) compensate for that.

Soo....any suggestions? Anything that makes this kill even faster, better, and more consistently will be much appreciated. :3

Monsters (8)
    1x Dark Magician of Chaos
    3x Destiny Hero - Diamond dude
    1x Destiny Hero - Dasher
    3x Elemental Hero Airman (a.k.a. Stratos)

Spells (31)
    2x A Feather of the Phoenix
    1x Card Destruction
    3x Destiny Draw
    3x Dimension Fusion
    1x Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade
    3x E - Emergency Call
    2x Giant Trunade
    1x Graceful Charity
    1x Heavy Storm
    1x Lightning Vortex
    1x Magical Stone Excavation
    3x Monster Gate
    1x Mystical Space Typhoon
    1x Premature Burial
    3x Reasoning
    2x Reinforcement of the Army
    1x Scapegoat
    1x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps (7)
    1x Call of the Haunted
    3x Magical Explosion
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Ring of Destruction
    1x Torrential Tribute

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    and sadly I know nothing about explosion decks... nor do I know spirit caller's cardpool no matter how many times you talked about it either ._.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Ah, so this is the much talked about DDT.
    I never really had a chance to see into the deck, and no one in OCG land uses it (mainly because the FTK is easier - if a bad duelist like me can imitate it with a 80% win rate, anyone can), but I guess I'll try it in Duel Online or some other online Yugioh simulator.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Wait, I thought DDT was the American equivalent of the Japanese Magical Explosion D:
    I just thought they are named differently lol.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Well, I saw the first decklist of this type being referred to as Explosion DDT so...I guess we'll call it even? It's basically just diamond dude turbo except that a chunk of the monster lineup has been stripped in favor of a more efficient spell dump and - of course - the namesake explosion. :3

And to the dude who complained about Trunade...this is for a DS game, one which runs an outdated banlist (seriously, I thought you'd have jumped at the currently banned Graceful Charity, RoD, or CotH instead =P). Rest assured that the deck build is currently completely legal ingame.

Last edited:
    Back