• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angela vs Loki

Who's tag do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestyle Extravaganza - Round 1

Angela vs Loki

This Battle's Presets:

• [*]Voting will end: 2 days from now (September 12th)
    [*]Medium: These contestants chose to compete with tags. That were 500x250, and with a Bleach theme.

Rules:
  • You can only vote once
  • Take the medium into consideration when voting
  • If you are in this round of the competition you may not vote
  • You must have at least have 3 sentences of explanation as to why you voted for whomever you voted for.
  • No picking favorites, or voting for who ever you want to compete against next round.

Entries:

Angela:
Angela vs Loki

Loki:
Angela vs Loki

Last edited:

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    I voted for Angela, because hers looks elegant and simple, also the color and lighting really blend in.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I liked them both.

But I picked Loki because..

..The style and colours really go well with the Render(s).
    The colours are easy on the eye.
    The typography is very well done, and it's not overpowering the render.

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Years
    I picked Loki (sorry angela :( )
    Angleas was just too plain on the other hand Lokis was just better
    it wasn't plain
    Nice use of coulours
    and stock.
    :)
    well done Loki :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Loki's tag was more lively, even though Angela's was elegant. The colors in Loki's look nice & the typography matches well.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    I voted for Loki because hers actually has skill involved. The colors work well together. The effects are minimal but well done. The double stock is a bit weird on the eyes, I would've blurred one, but it just looks a lot better than Angela's.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Simply amazing how so many people who voted for Angela are her friends, didn't post here, and have never seemed to have stepped in the art forums at all prior to this competition...

Anyway, I find that Angela's was a lot better than I expected coming from her. Her tag seems to be very easy to create, though. It seems to me that the only features used were a few brushes, duplication of layers, opacity, a blur here and there, and some lighting effects. Granted that they all seem to blend rather elegantly, it still seems a lot more ameture than Loki's, who seems to have given it more than ten or so minutes and used features that I highly doubt were used in Angela's, such as the pen tool, which really seems to be the feature that ties it all together.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Loki.
    There is no other option. Angela's tag isn't terrible but it still has those ugly borders and ugly colour choices. It seems very plain and amatuerish. As said before it just has a few simple brushes and very simple effects. It's missing colour manipulation and seems pretty boring to me when I compare it to Loki's.
    Loki's looks a lot more professional and is the all out winner for me I'm afraid.

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    Definitely Loki's, no doubt.
    I just love the color scheme and the effects she used.
    Angel's looks very plain in comparison, but that's just my opinion.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    [jq]Simply amazing how so many people who voted for Angela are her friends, didn't post here, and have never seemed to have stepped in the art forums at all prior to this competition...[/jq]

You say that but you did the same... you've just voted in this thread and left. What about the others?

With Angelas you could tell what techniques were used. Smudging is decent but needs less.
    Voted for loki, because of the way the two renders were merged together. I didn't like anything else about it really, type is bad, imo. Seems placed there to fill a gap. I also don't like the way it suggests "I used the pen tool! omg wow!" because to be honest it looks like selection tool was used. But even so it was more appealing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    [jq]Simply amazing how so many people who voted for Angela are her friends, didn't post here, and have never seemed to have stepped in the art forums at all prior to this competition...[/jq]

You say that but you did the same... you've just voted in this thread and left. What about the others
    Sweetie, I'm pretty sure my reply doesn't count as "and left" as I've clearly pointed out why I voted for who I did. So please, do me a favor know what you're talking about before you try to unsuccessfully call me out like that. kthnx.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back