• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Crossing

Chochothebeast22

Not a Beginning Trainer
Years
  • I know that Nintendo is coming out with Animal Crossing 3DS but I want to know what people think of it. What do you think you should be able to do that you were unable to do in previous games? What aspects of the game should be improved (ex: color pallet for design, clothes, Nook's store)? Should the player have more freedom?

Khengi

Nostalgic Trainer
    Years
  • I just want my hourly music from the Gamecube version back. Other than that, they can go to town.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • TBH, I'm always eager to buy a new Animal Crossing game. Even if the changes are really minor, it gives me a reason to play again. Once you've played an AC game for a week or two, it gets boring, and I never touch it again. Even if I were to create a new file, it would be really boring, but oddly enough, when I get a brand new game, it's suddenly really fun again.

So, yeah. I'm looking forward to it. (Doubt I'll be able to get a 3DS though.)
    I don't know anything about it tbh, so I can't really share any opinions/ideas.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I just want my hourly music from the Gamecube version back. Other than that, they can go to town.

Agreed. I saw this thread and was going to post the same thing.

There are a couple of things from the GameCube game that they're missing in the future released games. Such as signposts and journals. I just miss that entire game's layout, but I suppose they had to change it eventually or it would have gotten stale fast.

EDIT:
    I think there's going to be a lot more freedom in the next one mainly because it's been said that you'll be the mayor in the next game rather than some guy paying off his debt. So now, not only are you residing in the town, you're running it too.

I'm starting a new town in City Folk today. :)
    My other town is overrun with weeds and my neighbors act like they don't remember who I am, and i'm too lazy to remedy that situation. I'll post some pictures if the topic gets bumped!

Last edited:

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Funny I see this thread now, last night I forced myself to stay up and time travel a few hours back so I could get the harvest furniture from Franklin. Who's idea was it to have the seasonal events clash with the actual holidays? ;;

Anyway, two things I'd like to see in AC3DS: the ability to turn off the dying grass effect and the return of the "need anything?" option when talking to villagers. I used to be able to play ACGC non-stop for hours by doing nothing but run errands for people. Now I just play for an hour or so in the morning to check up on things. And the dying grass? I don't know too many people who actually LIKE that feature. All it does is make it a pain to get around without making your town look godawful. It's neat if you can spare hours and hours of gameplay to make and lay down your own paths, but who really wants to do that? And it takes six months for grass to grow back but it takes less than a week for a tree to grow to full height... wtf.

This has inspired me... I'm gonna go check on my ACGC town. I haven't been there in about four or five years and I fear for the state of things. xD

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • The only thing I can think of that I would want introduced is pants/skirts. So our litte person within the game is more cutomisable. Also, with it being 3D I'm wondering if/how that will affect designs.

Cello said:
    it's been said that you'll be the mayor in the next game

Mayor? o_o That sounds interesting. But that would kind of change the whole dynamic of the game, wouldn't it? And what about Tortimer? D: I love that Tortoise.

I borrowed Let's go to The City off my cousin and forgot I had borrowed it. I hadn't done much in that town anyway though. And I'm not sure what's going on in my DS town. Other than the fact I haven't played on it in months and it'll be covered in weeds. o_o

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • Animal Crossing~! A relaxed game where you can do basically whatever you want~.

I used to love playing GC but then WW was... I don't know, different. You could make your house larger but I missed journal's and such. I had CityFolk for about 4 months before my little brother scratched it, thus unabling me from ever playing it again, and I don't have enough money to buy another copy.

Animal Crossing is such a different game, I mean, each one is basically the same with only a few minor changes, but I still can be excited for a new game. It's just fun.

I'll definately buy the 3DS version, I just hope that they mix up the formula a bit. One thing I liked from CityFolk was the double pattern on the back and fronts of the shirt.

I was surprised with the lack of new furniture in City Folk also, so I would like some more.

.... And... Hm... Able to pick where your house is, City Folk and WW were leaning towards that...

... And just mix up the formula a bit... Yeah... ^_^

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I haven't touched my Animal Crossing for the GC in ages... My town is probably filled with a bunch of weeks, along with my house being infested with cockroaches xD

Chochothebeast22

Not a Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • I like these ideas. I'm excited for the 3d effect in AC3D however I haven't really played GC but I do like the music. I hope that if they do the whole town thing again that there will be more to do there. I think that it would be cool if they did the NES thing like in GC.

Years

This. (Hah, ironic how I just happen to be listening to AC:GC music x3)
    I've only seen a couple of pictures of this game, and I don't like what I see... mainly because:
    Animal Crossing

What the hell were they thinking when they redesigned the characters?!
    It ruins the cute factor of Animal Crossing. I preferred the miniature size of the characters. Now the humans look more like adults... And Rosie looks plain awkward. O_o

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Yeah from the screenshots thus far, I'm not liking the graphics.

But if they give us a lawn mower to get rid of weeds, I would be eternally grateful. xD

Years
  • Yeah from the screenshots thus far, I'm not liking the graphics.

But if they give us a lawn mower to get rid of weeds, I would be eternally grateful. xD

Oh god, I misread that as "they gave us a lawn mower to get rid of weeds".
    X_X I got all excited for a second, haha. But wow... that'd be awesome. T^T

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • hahaha! a lawn mower would be awesome.
    i actually quite like the new look, means that customisation will look nicer.

this may sound like a bad idea to most people, but i think it would be cool if there were more places to go and do things, like go into the town and do some part time job or something. or have various activities throughout the week like go to music lessons with k.k and play and create various songs at a certain time and day.

Chochothebeast22

Not a Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • I do agree with that. I think it would be cool if you had more stuff to do. A lawn mower would be cool. I think it would be cool if the houses were more like real neighborhoods with a backyard and everything. I also think it would be cool if you could own a car although I think that might ruin the whole animal crossing feeling.

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I haven't played Animal Crossing since I lost my game disc a long while back ago, such an entertaining game. The idea of being mayor as mentioned would be pretty cool... but way different, I don't know if I can handle that kind of change! Still... it might be interesting.

Really not liking the new graphics though. Part of the reason I picked up the game was because of how adorable all the characters were. This new look... not adorable... not even nice looking in the least :C ... too much change, I say!

MOON~DANCER

All I've got is insane.
    Years
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk

I am playing this right now, and I have picked up 2 mushrooms... I just wonder, what are they used for?

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • I think they only appear in November, and you can sell them or something. It also has to do with the mushroom furniture set, except I can't remember the details, since I haven't played in like a year. x)

Chochothebeast22

Not a Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • The mushrooms you can sell. You really want to look out for the big elegant mushrooms because they're worth like $10000. Some mushrooms will come up as mush furniture. You'll know because it will play the music like you caught a fish and it will say "I got a (insert mush furniture name here)".

Back