• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animation Errors

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Well I know quite a lot
    everyone knows
    Blastoise in Advance Challenge even though it was cleaned up
    Kenji's blue headband
    that one eppie after Winona's gym battle where they forgot to do May's white part on the glove (I pointed that out to my sister's boyfriend and he said "Well what if she's the sporty type) *anime collapse*
    Then there are a few in the Clair eppies like
    Animation Errors

Clair's gloves are supposed to be black and blue, not black and beige! XD Only a Clair obsessed fangirl could knowtise that (get it? know-notice?)

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    I remember an eppy as well. They forgot to make Richie's sparky his three hairs when he was fighting Pikachu. And one that goes way back too the first season, They colored Pikachu a little orangy instead of being yellow.

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
    I remember one episode where Seviper was shown blasting off with Team Rocket, but Seviper has not been called upon or made any appearances piror to that.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Heheh...I sometimes think the characters' feet,heads,and or body parts look unbalanced...:P Too big,too small or in an odd shape...
    Let's not forget that the animators are professionals,yet humans too XD...

Years
    haha They took May's hand! I love that scene. They also forget to draw in the little lightning bolts beneath Ash's eyes sometimes, but I never notice until I see a still frame of it, strange...

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Meh, I notice those all the time too. I usually see the times Team Rocket's gloved hands/fingers are colored in peach. I think they did the same with Ash's gloves a couple times too. How come it seems they mostly get the hands wrong? ^-^

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    In the Scyther episode, Jessie's hair was cut, but after a few scenes, her hair was there again.

In 1 episode, Eriko was taller than Toshiko, but the other way round in the next episode!

The first purple Jynx scene, (unappropriate for children) they drew the br@ wrongly, meant to be tipped at the top but curved at the bottom, whilst drawn tipped at both sides.

In episode "Psychic VS Ghost, Night battle", Alakazam was drawn even shorter than Ash! (Alakazam meant to be 1.5m tall, Ash approximately 1.4m)

In episode before "Psychic VS Ghost", May mentioned about a Chinese restaurant selling noodles. But the noodles AND the restaurant look 100% Japanese, and 0% Chinese.

Kanadian Kyuubi

Sauske gone Wild!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2006
    In "Training Wrecks", Walrein had a Blue tusk, and during the 7.5th season intro in Japan (this clip made Pokemon AC's intro but in fixed form) when Ash was running in the Charizard and Blastoise part, Blastoise had a blue mouth!

Even worse if the hoenn league could get even worse, Swalot's whiskers keep dissapearing!

Years
    I've seen a few of these before. They probably get lazy and think people won' notice. I don't see it as that big of a deal. It's kinda cool to see it though.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Oh, oh! In Fighting dojo! Satoshi vs. Haruka, there's a part where Satoshi's socks are blue, when it should be white because he does not have his shoes on. Harhar. First animation error I've found. -proud-

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Heh, I know ALOT of animation errors X3

In the first movie, the Rockets were in the room with all the machines and when it showed the shilloett of scyther they said Alakazam XD

Also in the first movie, when Ash is coming out with all the clones, you can see part of Vaporeon's tail fin is missing.

Another thing in the first movie was in one part you could see Garadose's mouth was blue

Oh, and I think when all the clones were being born in the first movie and Meowth was naming all of the, he said Sandshrew when it was really Sandslash

In Pikahuna, Pikachu's tail colors are switched in one part XD

Also, I have seen many 'advance' eppys where when Ash catches Pikachu after it falls after blowing up TR's baloon, Ash catches him and when he does, Pikachu doesn't move AT ALL. He just stays in this square, frozen up position that really bugs the hell outta me >.>

Years
    Today's episode, Gaining Groudon had a bunch. Lance and Izumi's scene, in their Magma uniforms, the gloves were missing. Lance's gloves were missing in another scene as well. The biggie was Archie's Aqua insignia on his zipper, as it wasn't there most shots and felt it was pasted on the side, diagonally in an iron on almost by the animators.

The episode was better animated than usual but geez, all the bloody errors, get it right.

And the Scyther/Alakazam verbal issue on the first movie was the dubbers' mistranslation, not on the original version. But given the similarity of the shadow, it's understandable.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Bobby said:
    I've seen a few of these before. They probably get lazy and think people won' notice. I don't see it as that big of a deal. It's kinda cool to see it though.

Actually, when you have dozens of people animating characters and there are times that the people responsible for the shading don't get the proper messages across about colors or character sizes, so they end up with those results.

That's why occasionally characters may even be the wrong height. But it's usually subtle enough where it won't be noticed. Let's also remember that the people that animate the characters have a pretty rugged and strict deadline to meet. As a result, they can't always check each and every frame to see if they're perfect. Sure they'd like to, but tell that to their bosses.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Originally posted by Dark Weezing
    And the Scyther/Alakazam verbal issue on the first movie was the dubbers' mistranslation, not on the original version. But given the similarity of the shadow, it's understandable.

Yeah, I know. But to me it still seems like an error on the dubber's part. They could've just looked at the original and see what it really was =/

Also, I don't think the shadow was that similar. Seeing as how I was able to tell for the first time, and I was like, what? Five at the time? :P

Years
    Kakashi, no, I think it was similar enough and I can understand why the flub but I do blame 4Kids for that slip up. It was more obvious that when you glanced at the image closely that it was a different shot. Oh well.

Someone mentioned Seviper being missing when they blast off, I'll go up one, Cacnea. 9/10ths of the time he's missing when they blast off and I'm trying to figure how and why. Just...annoys, Wobbuffet, I understand, as he can pop in and out but even they miss him at times.

But it isn't as glaring as some of the past animation errors by itself but if you compound like Cacnea's omission in the blast off? Oy.

Back