• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime and what it means to you.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    As people who watch anime, each and every person has a different reason for watching anime.
    Whether someone watches several anime every season, follows mainstream Naruto, One Piece, Bleach or just watching Studio Ghibli films. Whether someone watches regularly, once in a while or back in their childhood days, seriously or casually, anime affects everyone differently.

Personally for me, anime means a lot of things. I watch both seriously and casually and watch several anime on a seasonally basis as much as my spare time allows. The many great themes and morals one can obtain from watching them as well, and as a person who has always be intrigued by stories, I believe that anime is the best way to communicate these themes and morals (personally) to a person. I get pulled into the anime, absorb the plot and get attached to characters in a completely different way to when I watch other non-anime shows.

Another thing that Anime means to me is the art styles and designs that different anime have. As an artist and designer, anime inspires me through each style and design of the different elements. Whether it's how to draw certain things in different ways, the use of different colour palettes, or how the designs differ from character to character. To me, anime has had a large impact on my life and is very important to me.

So what does anime mean for you? Does it affect your life in anyway?

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
    To me, Anime is such Elegance. Watching many of them through out the years definitely changed myself and I cud say that I'm just a casual watcher, and only a casual watcher. I don't go hype crazy over japan-made products, I don't got no Waifu, nor do I wish I had magical power to save the world. No hardcore elitist action, I don't care weather if its good or not, as long as i'm enjoying it, it's all good~ Just some guy watching his show, enjoying the popcorn i'm eating. Fairys popping out of no where! No problem w/ me. Double D's? even better. Humans eating humans? what's there not to like?

But on the other hand however, I do collect some anime stuff but I don't got overboard w/ it. I usually just buy posters, maybe some plushies and manga, or maybe even a mug or 2 if I need 1. But absolutely no Figurines and the likes. Anything that looks good in general is my rule of buying stuff. Even if they don't get it, it has to look nice around whatever you put around it. Like this Plushie! (makes a great gift)
    And most importantly, I do get Inspired by watching them making w/e I can, mostly w/e Photoshop can do (mostly avatars and signatures, even tho they look so bad) and just keep moving forward. Maybe even try to copy a screenshot. Whatever floats the boat~
    Overall, I'd say its just a hobby of mine. Priority comes 1st.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    To me, anime is an inspiration. I've always took up writing as a hobby since I was a kid. And since I was a kid, all I know are fantasy stories, since that's what kids are told anyway. As I grow up, I learned about the many genres in stories. The one that introduced me to most of them is anime. From romance plots to cliche shounen to psychological themes. It's really unlike the western cartoons I grew up with.

Well, watching anime and reading manga is a hobby as well. My manga, poster, strap, keychain and pin collection says hi. I'm the type that wants figurines as well, mostly because they're a rarity and owning at least one will make me squeal like the little girl I am. I don't go to the extremes and have a character I praise every moment or obsessively talk about.

pkmin3033

Entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Pretty much this, really.

Western cartoons these days are unspeakably bad, so I don't watch those, and with the exception of a couple of TV shows, I don't watch TV either. I have to watch SOMETHING. I at least get a few laughs out of anime every now and then, or a good story. I don't really get along with fandoms because I just can't take it so seriously, or read between the lines when there isn't really anything there to be read. It's just something I watch.

Years
    It doesn't really have any particular meaning to me. I started watching anime when I was around 6, and haven't stopped since. As time went on, I watched more and more. It's just one of my favorite forms of entertainment

RisingMaster85X2

BuddingMasterTrainer
    Years
    An excellent way of achieving entertainment. I am pretty certain that's why the majority of people watch. I took up to anime much more quickly than western stuff. Maybe there are exceptions but anime tends to be more enjoyable to me.:P

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Entertainment and nostalgia. Just like all of my other media interests.

Back