• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Based on the Manga

poopydude

PKMN Master
Years
  • I Always wondered why they never put out a Pokemon Anime that had to deal with Pokemon Adventures. The Manga is awesome and it would appeal to the older audience considering Ash (Red) actually ages.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I wondered this many times as well. As have many others as seen by how many times this topic has been brought up. If they wanted they could shown progression and add more mature themes to entice other fanbase to watch it, but they choose to stick with a floating timeline and never let them age. Adventures would be nice, but the undertaking of running two different anime series at the same time wouldn't be so nice. And by that I mean it would probably be a daunting task.

poopydude

PKMN Master
    Years
  • I wondered this many times as well. As have many others as seen by how many times this topic has been brought up. If they wanted they could shown progression and add more mature themes to entice other fanbase to watch it, but they choose to stick with a floating timeline and never let them age. Adventures would be nice, but the undertaking of running two different anime series at the same time wouldn't be so nice. And by that I mean it would probably be a daunting task.

While it would be a challenge I am confident that they could pull it off. Its not like they lack funding or anything considering how much money Pokemon generates. If Man power is the issue then I am sure they could hire a few more people. But then again I really don't know how complicated the whole process actually is

Years
  • LoL I never get tried of this. Yup, you are like the 10,000th person to say that. Well not a bad idea, although I didn't like the pokemon manga at all. They should do something like the pokemon manga. Yes I have read it and I disliked. Nicknames are horrible, names are horrible, and it was overall a cheesy a** manga. I am in favor of a older audience anime of pokemon, but if it was based off the manga I wouldn't approve.

Although this will probably never happen...unless you know, you wrote a letter to them or something. Or if you somehow manage to work for the producers of the pokemon anime.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am sure they get letters all the time asking for stuff like. "Could you make Ash when a Championship", "Could you make Ash have some progression period without regressing every time", "Could you something new instead of the same generic stuff you have been doing since the mid/late 90s."

I think about the only fan service they really get is too see Ash old pokemon in league competition even at that it's few and far between. And the manga doesn't have to be Adventures. I honestly wouldn't mind Rebrust either.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd kill to see this myself in all honesty, but sadly it's only a pipe dream imo but a damn good one at the very least.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Never Read the Manga. What is the Difference to the Anime?
    The manga is a lot more serious and appeases the older audience. They battle similarly, however, the manga focuses more on death and blood whereas the anime is all fun and games until a legendary is involved. The manga sticks a lot closer to the games since they use the same mechanics and have similar events, but also mix in a few random things like the anime does, such as the bike race in the first "season" of the manga (I'm so brain dead x_x). They do use levels, but it's not completely relevant. It's more of a measure to show you how each trainer's Pokemon has grown.

And I swear, this topic is resurrected every month or so. But yeah, an anime based on the manga would be a lot more interesting. The characters actually have some depth and development, not to mention that the plot is awesome. It would definitely attract an older audience too. Though it would be hard to maintain two animes at the same time.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I think they're scared that kids that watch the original show will flock to the adaptation due to it having "Pokemon" in the title, thus they would get calls from angry mothers and we'd have a repeat of why Pikachu no longer shocks Ash (as much).

That said, I would love an anime adaptation since it reaches out to a much larger audience and isn't tied to the restraints that the original Pokemon anime is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    Well yes it would be awsome if we would get anime based on manga since its much more mature then the current anime (and more interesting and more other stuff) - this you may found interesting that media factory posted a poll in which readers had a choice of which manga they would like the most to be made in a anime; Pokemon Advantures/special came in third :P

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think they're scared that kids that watch the original show will flock to the adaptation due to it having "Pokemon" in the title, thus they would get calls from angry mothers and we'd have a repeat of why Pikachu no longer shocks Ash (as much).

That said, I would love an anime adaptation since it reaches out to a much larger audience and isn't tied to the restraints that the original Pokemon anime is.
    I think ratings in this instance can deter that from really being an issue. They can raise the ratings for the adaptation, so if they get a complainant from parents that the show is too mature for their kids they can inversely say "Do you not control what you kids watch? If your kid is this age and the age for this is okay for a kid your child age, then I don't see your issue. If you have a farther problem with this programming then take the initiative to keep your kid from watching it and put farther parental controls on your television." They could always put it on the Adult Swim Saturday night line up like they used to do with other more mature anime that they didn't usually show on Toonami.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've never read the manga but it would be interesting to see how an anime version would have played out. It's probably too late now as it's been over 15 years since the Gen I games and it would probably never happen anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I believe the current anime is nearing its end, I don;t think they can create new Pokemon forever, it would be a great oppurtunity to start a new pokemon anime, which could be the manga. I doubt this will happen though..

We could start a petition, doubt that it will do anything.

Last edited:
    Back