• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Charcter Drawings (revival)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    alright Crystal Clair, umm the kissing thing i dont think i could do that i wouldnt know where to start or what thier position whould be, but i can try doing a shippy pic for you i got an idea i think you'll like it, unfortunatly it'll be a while
    Okay, I understand. That's why I put the other option. If I can find a good pose, I'll send it to ya. BTW, you're getting that present when I finally see the shippy picture.
    BTW, geeze, I was just obsessing over Chigusa. You read my mind! And you're doing a close up of Liza, my second favorite person from Pokemon. Maybe I'll give you two presents and my valuable color chart.
    Oh yeah, I edited my post up there so please check it, for it contains some IMPORTANT suggestions.
    You'll like these presents.
    Oh yeah, the May picture doesn't work yet.

Phantom_Bugsy

Le Malade Imaginaire
    Years
    I don't suppose you could do shippy Brawly and Morty-ness, too? XD *is a dork* Just yanno....to cover all bases. XD (knows someone will be all OMG ASH AND MISZTY PLZ!!@!1 soon) And it seems it would be a little easier since Brawly's outgoing and Morty's all '.......I don't know....*whimper*' ....

*rants forever?* XD I could draw Roxanne or Flannery or something for you if ya do. XD

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Phantom_Bugsy said:
    I don't suppose you could do shippy Brawly and Morty-ness, too? XD *is a dork* Just yanno....to cover all bases. XD (knows someone will be all OMG ASH AND MISZTY PLZ!!@!1 soon) And it seems it would be a little easier since Brawly's outgoing and Morty's all '.......I don't know....*whimper*' ....

*rants forever?* XD I could draw Roxanne or Flannery or something for you if ya do. XD

Brawly + Morty sure i guess thats something i could do , ohh yes im dreading the day when someone asks for Ash+Misty not like we havent seen that before

and thanks Crystal Clair i redid CLairs colors, wow howd i get the colors so light, it looks much better dark

and thanks MegaDitto, glad you like, wow im getting a full list of things to do
    sheesh ill try to finish em all by friday but probably not , we'll see ohh and the list of stuff to do i dont guarantee that's the order ill do them in

*EDIT* WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE MAY PIC DOESNT WORK, I CAN SEE IT GRRRRRRRR
    SORRY WELL TRY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW:
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/gilbertman/maycloseupjk.png
    i hope that works

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I see you corrected Clair's colors! Yatta!
    Did you do Bugsy yet? Maybe I should do it. I mean you're all booked with all this work and here I am, doing all these pointless art projects. I could help you. o_~ But I'd have to make some rescheduling in my daily routine.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Bugsy? when was i doing Bugsy? ohh man yikes, well at least i still dont do my request thread, that suck so much of my time, now i can use all the i have for drawing doing my own drawing, hmm but this should be interesting ive never done drawings where characters were touching eachother, ahh that sounds wrong, i mean like arms around eachother i may hafta do some experamenting(spelling) but ill do it

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I could do Bugsy for you. I could make it look like your work too. heheheh. It'll save you time and give me something to fill my free time with. If you dont want to, I could make my own thread something.
    Naw, I'll just make my own thread. Never mind.

Last edited:

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Your blowing me way with Ash and Richie man right on!.Let's have Brock in here.

Psymancer

The Lord of the Dragons
    Years
    Keep up the good work man, I love those pics you made. They are almost Pokemon anme series art quality too ^^. Though once you're done with everyone else, I would like to see more of Prima/Lorelei out of ya. You don't have to but it'll be sweet if you can.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Wow, you have some KICKARSE talent there! And you manage to be so prolific without compromising the quality of your art! You are AWESOME!

You said you used MSPaint to draw and color and Photoshop to smooth out the lines. But that confuses me, because I haven't figured out how to do smooth lines in Photoshop short of re-drawing them entirely using the pen tool, and the seamlessly smooth edges of your cel-style coloring can't be done in MSPaint as far as I know. So would you be so kind as to PM me with a bit more detail about your technique? I promise not to copy it exactly, I just want to learn techniques for producing high-quality art at a relatively fast rate (because right now my art production rate hovers around one pic every couple months...XD). I'd love you so much if you'd be willing to tell me.

BTW, if I could request a pic of Wallace? I know he hasn't shown up in the anime and all, but I have complete faith in your imaginative and creative abilities. ^_^

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    You said you used MSPaint to draw and color and Photoshop to smooth out the lines. But that confuses me, because I haven't figured out how to do smooth lines in Photoshop short of re-drawing them entirely using the pen tool, and the seamlessly smooth edges of your cel-style coloring can't be done in MSPaint as far as I know. So would you be so kind as to PM me with a bit more detail about your technique? I promise not to copy it exactly, I just want to learn techniques for producing high-quality art at a relatively fast rate (because right now my art production rate hovers around one pic every couple months...XD). I'd love you so much if you'd be willing to tell me.
    I may not be GM but I study his style intensely so I can save him time by answering what he once posted on Serebiiforums.
    This is what I remember from Serebii
    What he does is gets a very big model or does one himself, creats his character and colors it. Then he goes to Photoshop (I use Paintshop) and zooms out like half and the lines automatically smooth out and blend in with the colors.
    And it's really easy to do lovely smooth lines. In fact, even a blond or Kanto Ash could do it. There's a tool with a picture like this ~ somewhere on the toolbar on MSPaint. All you just got to do is click down on the digital paper, hold, make a line the desired length, let go and then you have the options of clicking what way the lines should curve two times. It's easier to do a sketch of what you want and use the curve tool over the sketch. That's what people do on oekaki and that's how I make most of my art.
    BTW, I'm almost done Bugsy. I just have to fix his deformed feet.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Crystal Clair said:
    I may not be GM but I study his style intensely so I can save him time by answering what he once posted on Serebiiforums.
    This is what I remember from Serebii
    What he does is gets a very big model or does one himself, creats his character and colors it. Then he goes to Photoshop (I use Paintshop) and zooms out like half and the lines automatically smooth out and blend in with the colors.
    And it's really easy to do lovely smooth lines. In fact, even a blond or Kanto Ash could do it. There's a tool with a picture like this ~ somewhere on the toolbar on MSPaint. All you just got to do is click down on the digital paper, hold, make a line the desired length, let go and then you have the options of clicking what way the lines should curve two times. It's easier to do a sketch of what you want and use the curve tool over the sketch. That's what people do on oekaki and that's how I make most of my art.
    BTW, I'm almost done Bugsy. I just have to fix his deformed feet.

*smacks self on forehead with spiked mallet* I R STOOOPID. GMWAHFSFSVK. I usually just mouse-scribble on MSPaint and oekakis, or I do the REALLY cheap thing and use a tablet and an anti-aliasing tool...Either way takes FOREVER.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    *smacks self on forehead with spiked mallet* I R STOOOPID. GMWAHFSFSVK. I usually just mouse-scribble on MSPaint and oekakis, or I do the REALLY cheap thing and use a tablet and an anti-aliasing tool...Either way takes FOREVER.
    I thought all people knew that trick. Oh yeah, if you dont know, you should really use the layers and the masks with the oekaki so you dont go over your lines.
    I found a way to do layers on mspaint. It involves a really cool tool that's tricky to use but once you learn the tricks, sketching and inking your pictures would be easier than a click on the mouse. If ya wanna kno teh secret, I'll tell ya. It REALLY benefits in drawing anime characters too. Mine come out looking EXACTLY like the characters, even more accurate than GM.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Crystal Clair said:
    I thought all people knew that trick. Oh yeah, if you dont know, you should really use the layers and the masks with the oekaki so you dont go over your lines.
    I found a way to do layers on mspaint. It involves a really cool tool that's tricky to use but once you learn the tricks, sketching and inking your pictures would be easier than a click on the mouse. If ya wanna kno teh secret, I'll tell ya. It REALLY benefits in drawing anime characters too. Mine come out looking EXACTLY like the characters, even more accurate than GM.

Actually, I just remembered why I totally forgot about the curve tool. When I first started trying to draw on MSPaint (which was about 6 years ago...whee...), I tried using the curve tool, but could NEVER get it to curve the way I wanted it, and it became so time-consuming trying to get my curves right that I gave up using it entirely and just ignored it from then on.

And sure, I'd love to know your layers trick. Does it involve the color-selective eraser tool? 'Cuz I used color-switching and the selective eraser tool to color in this without going over the lines. As you can see, I used a mouse to do all the lines, so they came out all messy and gross, and that was after I had erased and/or colored over the worst of the mess.

Also, when you do your rough drawing to get the facial expression and poses down, do you also use those line tools, or just a mouse?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Well, it's tough to explain but there's an option on the toolbar called the eraser. It's the yellow square thing next to the fill and the selection tools. Well here's my trick. First you find the color you want to get rid of and the one you want to replace it. Say I wanted to get rid of the sketch underneath my lineart. I usually do my sketches lavender and my lineart black. So I use the eyedropper to select lavender with the left button on my mouse. Then I select white (or the background color) with my right bottom using the same tool. Then the trick is to go over the area you wish to replace the color with holding the right button down while scrolling over the desired area.
    Here's a simple formula I use
    The left side is the one I want to get rid of and the right side is the one I want to have. H comes before W in the alphabet (H is have and W is want)
    Hope I helped u.

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Liza is one of the gym leaders at the Mossdeep City gym, (Tate and Liza) in the episode "Tate & Liza! Space Center Battle!" and as for Lara, I think she was in the episode "The Flame Pokemon-athon!".

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Crystal Clair said:
    Well, it's tough to explain but there's an option on the toolbar called the eraser. It's the yellow square thing next to the fill and the selection tools. Well here's my trick. First you find the color you want to get rid of and the one you want to replace it. Say I wanted to get rid of the sketch underneath my lineart. I usually do my sketches lavender and my lineart black. So I use the eyedropper to select lavender with the left button on my mouse. Then I select white (or the background color) with my right bottom using the same tool. Then the trick is to go over the area you wish to replace the color with holding the right button down while scrolling over the desired area.
    Here's a simple formula I use
    The left side is the one I want to get rid of and the right side is the one I want to have. H comes before W in the alphabet (H is have and W is want)
    Hope I helped u.

Yup, it's the same color-selective eraser trick that I already use. But thanks very much anyway! ^_^ I hope Gilbertman gets my request for a Wallace pic...Even if he hasn't shown up in the anime yet, it's not hard to imagine what he would look like, I think...

BTW, Re: Maya's question and Bulba's answer: I think the Liza that Crystal Clair is referring to is the Charizard trainer from the Charisific (sp?) Valley...I *think*...

Back