• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Charcter Drawings (revival)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    My post didn't submit, so I saved a copy:
    HINATA! *glomps Hinata and GM*
    The art is beautiful! The smoothness! Everything!
    Brendan's a little fat in the middle
    But that's really all there is.
    Btw, what do you do to achieve this smooth look? I know you use thicker lines..... sorry it's been a while. I'll try to never bother you again
    Btw, I was in Manhattan last week at the POKEMON TENTH ANNIVERSARY PARTY!!1111
    I got to meet real life Hinata, Brendan and I saw Kazuki and Nurse Joy. Of course I took pictures. I also got a Plusle plushie and a turquoise blue wig
    OMG Hinata cosplay!111
    XD Good stuff, did I tell you one of my friends from my cartooning/anime class joined Serebii? It's awesome

Stephen109

Famous AMVs/Jenny Fan
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    gilbertman said:
    Officer Jenny:

That pretty good Gilbertman, That Picture of Officer Jenny is Awesome,
    I'm made a 2 Video Version of "Officer Jenny Catch the Smooth Criminal"

1st Video Version: the Original Version of "Smooth Criminal" is "Michael Jackson"
    2nd Video Version: the New Version of "Smooth Criminal" is "Alien Ant Farm"

can you draw Officer Jenny dress like Michael Jackson the "Smooth Criminal version"

Kenji-san

OMG! ZE IDIOT IST BACK!! > RUN
    Years
    Tracey:

Cassandra:

and
    da Diamond And Pearl Heroes:

well there ya go, am curently working on Officer Jenny, Brendan and Hinata, so those will be coming soon, so once again thanks everyone for thier support!

~~Gilbertman~~
    Awesum! Mind if I make an avatar and sig out of your Tracey drawing?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2007
    Ahhh, it's Gilbertman!
    I used to admire your art way back, and I haven't seen it in a while...I still have some of the old stuff stored on my comp, even! I must say, you've improved TREMENDOUSLY. A lot of these pics rival fanart to the caliber of say, Pokesho's, and I'm sure if you wanted you could make something to pass off as official artwork. You're an inspiration! Keep it up!

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Well bad news everybody, looks like my home computer is , :( which means all the drawings i was working on are gone :*( , so it looks unfortunatly like i wont be getting a new computer for quite a long time, so i guess ya'll wont bbe seeing any new stuff for quite a while, so i say thanks for everyone's support over the couple years ive been drawing and ill see ya'll around the forum....... (*cries like blubbering baby*)

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    I know how you feel. I go through that with my fanfics all the time. My job usually kills me and I can't get anything down.

Did you at least save your past stuff before your computer died?

well i believe i still have my pics of Tetsuya and the RSE Aroma Lady on a disc, i could post those when i find the disk, but they dont havwe backgrounds though

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry. I feel for you. But I have almost all your drawings ever saved on my speical folder that I named after you. ^_^
    btw, what computer are you using then?
    I have an idea but I doubt you'll like it, it would be to learn how to draw with a pencil on paper and use markers to color them in. I do it a lot now.
    And hey, it's ok that you wont be doing any pictures for a while, you haven't been doing it regularly anyway. Soooo doodle your ideas on paper and when you get your hands on another computer, draw them. Remember, you can always pick up drawing books or find tutorials on the internet and I could always teach you.
    oh, before I found out what happened to you, I was gonna say we could hook up with msn since I've gotten used to chatting on it with my new best friend. I'll wait till you get a new pc though.
    Good luck
    ~Crystal Clair

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry. I feel for you. But I have almost all your drawings ever saved on my speical folder that I named after you. ^_^
    btw, what computer are you using then?
    I have an idea but I doubt you'll like it, it would be to learn how to draw with a pencil on paper and use markers to color them in. I do it a lot now.
    And hey, it's ok that you wont be doing any pictures for a while, you haven't been doing it regularly anyway. Soooo doodle your ideas on paper and when you get your hands on another computer, draw them. Remember, you can always pick up drawing books or find tutorials on the internet and I could always teach you.
    oh, before I found out what happened to you, I was gonna say we could hook up with msn since I've gotten used to on it with my new best friend. I'll wait till you get a new pc though.
    Good luck
    ~Crystal Clair

:( I my life...no not really i figured if i dont eat out so much and work a little more i can save up for a computer in about 3 months or so, so its not as bad as i first thought, and im using my grandmothers computer, i usually come over here once a week so i can use it then, but next week for 7 days im going to be watching her house while she goes on a cruise so during that time period maybe ill whip up a couple of drawings, i was thinking of doing some ones ive wanted to do for a while but never got the chance, like Erika, Clair, and who knows who else.....but i dont have Photoshop os i may just post em without backgrounds

drawing on paper, i SEVERLY suck at doing but i am doodling some ideas i have ....... i can still use MSN but only when im over here......

GM EMD said:
    bad news everybody, looks like my home computer is , which means all the drawings i was working on are gone
    Oh no, this is bad. Did you at least burn your pics on CD or something? What exactly went off on your computer?
    I'm compassioning. What a pity.

well thanks for being compassionate..... I did happen to burn my 3 latest pics an a CD before my comp died , so if i ever remember to bring that CD ill post the pics, and i have no clue what went wrong with my computer, but really i didnt care to look too hard to see what the problem was, cuz really i d that computer, now i have an excuse to buy a nice new one :)

but hey i think this not having a computerr is a good thing, cuz i was not as enthused about doing drawings and i was posting them few and far between, now ill apretiate them again when i get a new comp cuz like they say:
    "You don't know what you got till it's gone."

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    do u think u can copy ur pictures from Pokecommunity and paste them in ur drawing program so u can still ahve it on ur computer?

Years
    Now you know how I felt when my old computer died on me. >< I nearly went crazy, but I got this new one a few days later.

It sucks any which way. If you do get that new computer in 3 months like you said, I'll still be here to welcome you back.

So, please do pop by every now and then. We'll still be here for you. ^^

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Now you know how I felt when my old computer died on me. >< I nearly went crazy, but I got this new one a few days later.

It sucks any which way. If you do get that new computer in 3 months like you said, I'll still be here to welcome you back.

So, please do pop by every now and then. We'll still be here for you. ^^

Thank you! aww you made me feel a little better..............yep a have it all planned out it should be about New Years when I get it it'll be a heck of a lot faster then my old peice of poo, my old comp:1GB Processor, 128 MB Ram, honking prehistoric monitor
    prespective new comp: over 3GB Processor, 1GB Ram, sleek flat panel monitor, drawing should be so much easier now :)

but as I said im house sitting this week for my grandma who was a computer so im doing some doodling while im here.BUT i need some opinions, below I have several variations on a new drawing of Noland and I need some opinions first i have 2 different shadings:

1st is done my normal way:

2nd is done using to shadow colors to show more detail:

SO the first question is which do you guys prefer? Which looks better?

secondly is 2 different sizes:

1st is the normal sizing of my drawings:

2nd is a smaller size:

I whould like to use the smaller one because its easier to manage and it whould allow me not to have to do such gigantic picutres, SO what i ask is which one is better? Does the smaller one lose any line quality or resolution?

By answering you guys can help me make decisions to better my drawings

SO thanks for your guys' input in advanced!

and yes the drawings are not finished

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    I suggest you go with the normal shading. In Pokemon, or other anime, they usually go with the darker shade during closeups or dramatic images.
    And the smaller version is fine. It'll be easy looking at them if they're smaller.

yes i hafta agree, ill keep shading normally, and since several people has said that tghe smaller one still looks fine then i shall use the smaller onee

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!! My grandparents were nice enough to put a new computer on thier credit card and decied to pay 500 dollars of it so ill be getting a new computer by next month, since i ordered it online so it'll take up to 25 days to be delivered so i'll be having new pics before ya know it!

Back