• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Charcter Drawings (revival)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Hey G-man! Sorry I wasn't here for two days, a morning and an afternoon. I was at my grandparents' summer place in the Pennsylvanian Poconos (I got pictures too)
    I just purchased two new anime books where they really get into the topic. Now, even I've improved.... but it's mostly on paper.
    I FINALLY pinpointed a problem you have with your eyes
    When you do your eyes on the girls, like Pearl, you make the line thick in the wrong place. You're supposed to make it thick on top of the original line.
    Pearl's done perfectly, even her hands are perfect and that's quite good for you.
    Diamond: that knuckle line isn't needed. The fist thingie is done okay. I have a tip though. They say a fist is a lot like a paisley the way it curls up. So sometime compare your fist to a picture of a paisley (google's the best bet) and you'll be surprised.
    Cassandra: her eyelashes (whatever those things are) they stretch down too far and should stay more on the top. And the position of her mouth is weird. Her arms are kinda fat too, but she got nice boobies! The legs are kinda fat and the foot facing forward looks like a horse hoof! XD but you're a lot better than you were a while ago. In a way, you're kinda at my level but I can do freehand, paint with acrylics, watercolor, pastels and can do a variety of artistic things. I'm also good with backgrounds too. And I kinda have this weird artistic sense where I can tell if something's wrong right away. You'll eventually develop an artistic sense with practice.
    Kenji: You dont have to do his hair so light..... I mean it was black in the orange islands so why not meet halfway? Besides I know you like the faded black but here's why I think black black is better. You dont have to shade! That's about all with him...... hold it! His hand has SIX FINGERS! There's a little runt on the end there. Just edit that one out and it'll make a difference!
    That's about all for now. Good luck and uh count the fingers when you draw them!

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Six fingers? Yikes.:shocked: Well, I never would have seen that. We all make mistakes...

yasu-trainer

Intermediate Trainer
    Years
    Six fingers? *stares hard for moment* Ah, there it is. Oh well. I still like it. This new style of yours is very nice! It's good to see that someone has drawn the D&P trainers.

Years
    Hey, gilbertman.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you fast enough after you posted your new pics. I had MAJOR COMPUTER trouble and my old one crashed to hell. But, I'm back! I got myself a new one yesterday!

And I hear there's a Jenny pic coming soon. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!! XD

*bounces around happily*

Mr. Bob

Collectibles For Sale!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2007
    Could you draw Lily in her "normal" outfit? For whatever reason, you did the other two but not Lily.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Really sweet. ^^
    I don't have any requesta, just saying, hang in there, Gilbertman. \=)

Guest123_x1

gilbertman said:
    well i dont know if resembling the anime is the best thing, ive already had one person in SPPF comment that copying the anijme style shows no creativity and doesnt show any talent, but hey who cares XP
    I consider it an accomplishment.

A few pages back I wrote:
    Also, I'd love it if G-Man could do 10yr old "underwater battle" Molly.
    I don't mean to be a burden, but I did intend it as a request if you don't mind

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    OMG! where's Gilbertman? ohh wait im here........... yipee.......... anyway im sorry for the wait been slacking off as of late, first and formost thanks everyone for thier input, its most appreciated :) ........................... secondly got 4 new drawings, nothing too fancy...really...... nothing fancy at all.....i want fishy crackers......... anyway firstly i fixed Tracey, he now has 5 FINGERS, i have nooo clue how I put 6 fingers, i guess i need to count better

and im also now just linking to the pics with thumbnails, so ones with slower computers dont have to wait for them all to load on this page

well for the rest,

Hinata:

Brendan:

Officer Jenny:

And lastly, again its the Johto Elite Four Member Will:
    the background for will was inspired by a song called "Blue Moon" from De/Vision, which i love this band, if you like Depeche Mode this band is just as cool sounding .....sorry off topic

anyway this is looking like my posts may be a monthly thing the way its going........but i am picking up production a bit.....

coming soon:
    -Tetsuya
    -RSE aroma lady(artist interpetation) :P
    -a whole slew of original characters

and sorry i didnt post earlier i was going to post a couple days ago but PC was being stupid with me but e there ya go

ShinyEspeon

Lookin' for Light of Hope
    Years
    I'm very happy that you come back with new drawings Gilbertman:)I must say that they are pretty cool especially Hinata and of course Tracey with five fingers:PHope that you will show us yours original characters very soon because I'm very curious about how they are looking now.Even that I would like to see Erika,Adan and Jasmine in new version.See you soon bye:P

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    good work on the new drawings; also the one of Officer Jenny :) cant wait to see the new drawings.

Last edited:

anakin

resigned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    Hey the Breaden one is HOT! Hey as soon as you can check your privet messages. Pardon my spelling.

Years
    *GASP*!

gilbertman's ALIVE!! I thought you were dead! AGAIN!

It's nice to see you back and with new...

A NEW OFFICER JENNY PICCIE?!!! It's THE BEST Officer Jenny pic in the history of all Jenny pics!!! Now all I need is a Jenny from The Orange Islands and Larousse City and I'm in heaven!!

*dies*

Back