• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Festival Asia 2015

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
  • waiting_large.jpg

So I just came back from an awesome day at Anime Festival Asia, the largest J-pop culture event in Southeast Asia. I'm very glad I managed to make it on the last day of the festival. It's something I wouldn't miss for the world.

I had really good company and good vibes, and my haul wasn't bad either! I was surprised, and happy, to be able to find Noragami merchandise (snagged a hanging scroll myself for a very good price). I managed to collect a bagful of freebies that were enough to off-set the admission fee, such as a Fairy Tail and a DanMachi file. Got myself a Fairy Tail T-shirt, and a Studio Ghibli shirt from TeeTurtle (their shirts are so worth the money; I'd have bought all their designs if I could), some Tokyo Ghoul stuff (namely a Kaneki keychain to complement the Rize one I already had, and a ghoul mask), as well as SAO, Fate/stay night, and Madoka merch. To my delight, I even saw Miraculous Ladybug merchandise and cosplayers, as well as RWBY prints! Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money + I don't really buy fan art since I can't use them for anything.

All in all, I'm contented and grateful for being able to experience AFA for the first time, and I really look forward to more experiences. :D Who knows if I'll decide to cosplay next year?​

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2016
    I'm glad you had a pleasant experience! The only place I have been to is DragonCon here in Atlanta, GA.

I want to go to AFA so bad :/

Nice buys as well sounds like you had a great trip!

Back