• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anime getting to repetitive?

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Yeah, pretty repetitive. But, that's the point, right?

I kind of liked it at first. Moslty because it was fresh and interesting.

Now, it's empty and repetitive. I mean, I knowq it's just a marketing ploy and all, but...they destroyed Pika's personality. How does that make the rest of us look? I'm more than just a walking bug-zapper, you know!

If they fixed up Pika a bit, maybe added some fresh material, oh, and shot everyone at 4kids and replaced them with cold, unfeeling robots, then I might change my mind.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yeah, pretty repetitive. But, that's the point, right?

I kind of liked it at first. Moslty because it was fresh and interesting.

Now, it's empty and repetitive. I mean, I knowq it's just a marketing ploy and all, but...they destroyed Pika's personality. How does that make the rest of us look? I'm more than just a walking bug-zapper, you know!

If they fixed up Pika a bit, maybe added some fresh material, oh, and shot everyone at 4kids and replaced them with cold, unfeeling robots, then I might change my mind.

In the case of Pikachu, that's the Japanese writers/Japanese VA's fault (Pikachu was rarely given a Dub VA, and the few times that happened was mostly because footage was lost on the transition and they needed to replace it.). And in the case of 4Kids, you kinda already got that wish almost three years ago with the switch to the PUSA VAs.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Geez Warped Relection, what are you doing on a Pokemon forum when you don't even like Pokemon? That's the impression I'm geting from you :9

So you're basing a judgment on someone from what you read on the internet? From a single post. Nice one.

I was obviously using the games as a way to show the fact that people enjoy the games even though it's basically the samething over and over again. People always say the anime is repetitive but you won't hear them say that the games are just as repetitive.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    Seeing as the anime is so child friendly, everything is toned down. Friendship etc is the most important moral, etc etc. That's great, for a children's anime.

If you've "grown" into watching other anime, then I wouldn't blame you for thinking Pokémon lacks a little something. While I still think the games are incredibly addictive and fun, and have an increasing degree of seriousness in the plot, the anime, to me is about 100 episodes of monster of the week episodes, with a couple of character development and saving the world episodes in there for good measure.

So, Pokémon is excellent for a kids series, they love it, I loved it, it's almost definitely why it's so popular (though I got into the series through game popularity, not the anime, I could never watch it since I didn't have Sky, so I had no idea what it was until everyone started talking about it). But it's not excellent as an anime series, as far as plot goes. The mangas fill in that gap for me.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    tbh i think the anime was repetitve and predictable since episode 2 but tht doesnt change the fact i like watching it :P

overlord tyranitar

The Yeti on the Silver Mountain
    Years
    there always is the option of rebooting the anime and have it follow the plot of FR/LG, after the Kanto arc you could have the second arc in the sevii islands instead of the orange islands

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    you know what would be great, if they remade the older seasons. like for example the jonto series. they should remake it for the release of HG and SS

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    How do you thing ash feels XD

they could at least get new team rocket members that are good at their job -_-

Now are hope rides on a pokemon mystery dungeon series that will last thirteen years then get repetiteve so they will have to invent a pokemon ranger series wich will last thirteen years and by that time the original anime would be history

Mr

Just call me Mister
    Years
    The show is for kids, that is why It repeats itself & I stopped watching it after the first generation.

The show is for kids, that is why It repeats itself & I stopped watching it after the first generation.

Oh yea and history repeats itself too (Look above and read this again)

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    in my opinion, i think the anime itself is getting way to repatitive and predictable. i mean in every episode its almost the same exact thing. does anyone else agree with me about this?

You can say that for about any show. XP

I don't watch anime for plot, morals, etc., I watch it for the fights. Most anime nowadays barely has any plot. As with most shows, they do get repetitive if they go on for about +500 episodes or so.

As Warped Reflection said, the games are the same thing again and again, but does anyone care? Not really as long as people like to see cute pokemon kick each others' tails.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
    getting??? it started after the jhoto series,and is now full blown repetitive oh god i wish they would make it more violent and maybe a bit more mature

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    getting??? it started after the jhoto series,and is now full blown repetitive oh god i wish they would make it more violent and maybe a bit more mature

The problem is it wouldn't be violent enough for those types of anime fans. Stuff like Naruto, Bleach, and DBZ are considered kids' shows in Japan in comparison to anime like Berserk, Ninja Scroll, and Elfin Lied. Naruto may have stuff like a kunai going through a hand but mature anime has dismemberment, torture, etc. Stuff like Berserk wouldn't even be able to get on the air in America.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    deadlyangel91792 said:
    getting??? it started after the jhoto series,
    It started when Johto started. Perhaps during the Orange Islands.

The problem is it wouldn't be violent enough for those types of anime fans. Stuff like Naruto, Bleach, and DBZ are considered kids' shows in Japan in comparison to anime like Berserk, Ninja Scroll, and Elfin Lied. Naruto may have stuff like a kunai going through a hand but mature anime has dismemberment, torture, etc. Stuff like Berserk wouldn't even be able to get on the air in America.

Shows like that could get on American television. The only that matters is where you air it.

Ayselipera

Thats what makes it pokemon, plus
    they probably don't change the storyline
    that much because most of the people
    who watched the first episodes don't watch
    the newer ones as much. So they just do
    the same stuff for the new generation of
    pokemon lovers.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2009
    Actually for me, the most formulaic part of it is Team Rocket. True, I love them for the sheer comedy, but they are just so incompetent, too weak for Ash and co! In the rare times when they don't manage to cause trouble or be in the center of it, the episode instantly becomes more interesting. That's why I love it when Butch and Cassidy, or Team Aqua/Magma come on stage! There's a change!

Yet in spite of all this repetitiveness, I find myself still very drawn to the series for a more emotional reason. It's like knowing a close friend for so long, you naturally want to stay with them anyway, just for that lovely familiarity.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    From watching DP so far, it seems to me that they're trying to switch up the so called "pattern" of things. I just have a feeling comes Generation 5, we'll be greeted with a nice big surprise. Just got that feeling...

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    Shows like that could get on American television. The only that matters is where you air it.

I wish. Cartoon Network's Adult Swim was debating showing a few of those shows, but the Network decided not to air them since they would have to heavily edit those types of shows. Sci-Fi showed Ninja Scroll for a bit, but it was also edited.

Back