• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Openings

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    There are some anime I just can't skip the openings for, such as Attack on Titan and Gurren Lagann, and others that make my ears bleed, such as Gosick and (not as bad, but still pretty bad) Suisei no Gargantia. I typically don't skip openings regardless of how good or bad they are and do something else for the minute or two they're playing.

Years
    I can't really give a list of what openings are my favorites right now, because...well. I usually end up listening to them once and then I'll skip them if possible for any other episode. :X Assuming I'm watching on my computer. If I'm watching on my TV then I just tend to kind of zone out until the music's over.

So...yeah, I also can't really say the opening influences my liking of a show in any measurable fashion. Regardless of whether I like the opening or not, I'll end up skipping it anyway.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    I only skip openings when they're preetty bad XD
    weelll some anime openings that I really like?

Baccano
    Steins Gate
    Darker Than Black
    Gurren Lagann
    Higurashi
    Most of FMA and Brotherhood
    :3 There's more but I'm way too lazy

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
    Years
    I don't skip openings, even if they're bad. Like the second Mirai Nikki opening; for those who haven't watched, while the opening animation was good, the song had some really bad Engrish in it that just made me lol.

My favorite OPs are:
    Mirai Nikki: The Live World
    Deadman Wonderland: One Reason
    Naruto: Blue Bird
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Period and Rewrite
    Kuro****suji: Shiver

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Deadman Wonderland: One Reason

Yeah, I really liked this one. It's always surprising to me to hear a completely English song as the opening of an anime, but it surprised me even more to find out that the song was changed to fit the anime more. Still cool, though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Yeah, I really liked this one. It's always surprising to me to hear a completely English song as the opening of an anime, but it surprised me even more to find out that the song was changed to fit the anime more. Still cool, though.
    Well... more and more anime start to have Engrish openings but I agree with you.
    DW's one was really awesome to hear.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    There are plenty of decent English songs in anime and people are discussing another generic slit your wrists awful one. Feels bad. Guess I'll never be edgy enough.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I tend to watch most anime openings/endings that I really like and there are some you just can't/don't skip (I'm looking at you Guren no Yumiya). Of the anime I've watched recently/am watching, the only opening and ending that I skipped are those from Mawaru Penguindrum... I just can't bring myself to like it... I don't even know about the series yet... But I'm going to finish it... eventually.

Let's see, I should give a list of the openings I really like atm it would be:
    Orpheus (Mamoru Miyano) - Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000%
    Canon (Mamoru Miyano) - Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000%
    Maikaze (Yoshioka Aika) - Hakuouki Hekketsuroku
    Izayoi Namida (Yoshioka Aika) - Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan
    Henai no Rondo (Granrodeo) - Karneval
    Innocent Sorrow (Abingdon Boys School) - D.Gray-man op 1
    Doubt & Trust (access) - D.Gray-man op 3
    Egao no Wake (Kaori Hikita) - Shounen Onmyouji
    Hajimari no Kaze (Ayaka Hirahara) - Saiunkoku Monogatari
    Guren no Yumiya (Linked Horizon) - Attack on Titan

Endings I just /don't/ skip:
    Maji Love 1000% (STARISH) - Uta No Prince-sama Maji Love 1000%