• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime series that got better over time

Emilia

~ free falling
Years
  • I also want to add in.. *braces for angry mobs* I think Attack On Titan is a great example too, but I could see others disagreeing with me.

and uhhh I dun goof'd on my last post, probs cuz' I was tired but I'm on Punk Hazard, not Thriller Bark.
    Honestly I don't know how I got those mixed up either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Really? I felt like the characters got so much more complex as the story went on. Different strokes, I suppose. ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Granted, I only made it 19 episodes into S1, but the story just kept feeling more and more like "okay, what else can we write in as bad decisions and bad events for all involved?", and I've essentially never enjoyed that type of story - see Akame ga Kill's anime, for an example, and from my viewpoint, Parasyte.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • Digimon Tamers imo. I didn't like the first dozen episodes because it was so different from the first two Digimon anime series, but then once the Devas showed up everything went uphill and the Digital World and D-Reaper arcs were pretty amazing for a young kid's anime.

Years
  • Legend of Galactic Heroes?

Really good shout actually. Despite really enjoying the whole thing that last 'season' just flew by. Not sure if I just had gotten so attached to Reinhardo-sama by that point or it had actually gotten better. Rewatch is due.

Anime series that got better over time

Years
  • I hear Gintama takes a looong time to get good. It's considered one of the best comedies out there, so I think I might start watching that soon haha

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I want to say One Piece. I remember watching the first dozen episodes and finding it really boring and just standard shonen. But then when it entered its first major arc [Alabasta] it really became good and the quality kept rising up until the timeskip.

Years
  • I want to say One Piece. I remember watching the first dozen episodes and finding it really boring and just standard shonen. But then when it entered its first major arc [Alabasta] it really became good and the quality kept rising up until the timeskip.

I've never seen One Piece because of how long it is (I can't believe it's still ongoing), but do you think it's worth going through the whole series? People have just been telling me to go read the manga instead.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I've never seen One Piece because of how long it is (I can't believe it's still ongoing), but do you think it's worth going through the whole series? People have just been telling me to go read the manga instead.

It's a really good series despite its length once you delve into it. I'd definitely suggest reading the manga if you do intend to start following the series, because the anime has awful pacing and pretty mediocre animation tbh.

Back