• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Suggestions

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I'm starting to think that I've watched every good comedy out there... I'm still finding more, but every one I watch is just a little worse than the one before it. I'm looking for something really spectacular, that I haven't yet seen. (If such a thing exists.) I'm actually watching a bunch of really awesome ones as they air, but that means I only get to watch like an 2 hours a week... Sometimes, I wanna just sit down and watch like 10 episodes at once lol.

My 2 favorite anime are Lucky Star and Umisho.

I really can't make an actual list past those two, but this is pretty much everything (good) that I've watched:
    K-ON, Shuffle, Futakoi, Bleach (until they decided to ruin it with filllers), Kannazuki no Miko, Toradora, Ristorante Paradiso, Kanamemo, Shakugan no Shana, Seto no Hanayome, Girl's Bravo (kinda meh tho), Azumanga Daioh, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (and purezza), DearS, Nyan Koi!, Sora no Otoshimono, He is My Master, Kampfer, Omamori Himari, and Shin chan.

I'm hoping that you'll be able to see at least a couple in there that you liked, and will be able to suggest something based on those.

(I already had the list of all the anime that I've watched saved, so don't worry, I didn't waste THAT much time typing that lol. I just added in the stuff in parentheses.)

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
    Anime is never that good with comedy, in my personal opinion, so there really isn't much I feel confidant about suggesting.

FLCL isn't a comedy show, but there are some pretty wacky moments that are laugh-out-loud funny. The show is pretty deep overall and I definitely suggest trying to make some sense out of it, but when you can't it's a great laugh. Definitely my favorite anime ever, too, so you can't really go wrong.

Detroit Metal City seems like a great time as long as you're not of the faint of heart. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is full of some pretty wacky absurdest humor, too.

The only anime to ever really make me laugh consistently was ToraDora, but I see you already have that covered. The wordplay was brilliant.

I would suggest watch Code Geass for some so-bad-it's-hilarious humor, but... the fangirls might eat me. And not in the hot way.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    Considering your tastes, you might like Hyakko. I personally didn't like it...but you might.

You can check out Di Gi Charat, too. There are only 16 episodes and they're a few minutes long, but they manage to cram in a lot of weirdness in there.

I love Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, it`s one of my favourites and hilarious.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Gurren Lagann and FLCL. I will not be disappointed (with the first one anyway.lol).

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Anime Suggestions

Hayate no Gotoku! is full of references to other anime, manga, and games (just like how Lucky Star does it), and it still manages to give an interesting story and romantic, if more harem/moe, plot. First season has more references, second season stays truer to the original source, but both seasons are great nonetheless~

Anime Suggestions

And I also back up the suggestion of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei. If you can handle the onslaught of words, you'll love the characters and their humorous takes on life.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2010
    I definitely suggests Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
    Also, try Noein. It have a quantum physics theme. You gotta try it if you love science.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Cromartie High School (Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou). Absolutely one of the funniest anime I have ever seen.

BrawlerGamma

Senryaku-ka
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    I dunno about any of those you listed, but if it's comedy you're looking for, two words: School Rumble.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Thanks for all of the suggestions... I didn't think to add the ones that I watched dubbed though, so I've already seen Code Geass and Cromartie High School.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    School Rumble
    FLCL
    Gurren Lagann.

All have the right amount of comedy for their genres they're in and are guaranteed a good haha with satisfaction.

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
    Seeing as you enjoyed Toradora and Shakugan no Shana, I recommend you Hayate no Gotoku and Zero no Tsukaima (one of my favorite anime series). Beware, both shows have tsundere protagonists in 'em.

And seeing that you enjoyed the slice of life/moe anime K-On and Lucky Star, I recommend you Hidamari Sketch and Ichigo Mashimaro.

Beelzenef

Luffy
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    If you like comedy you should watch Ouran High School Host Club. Its one of my favorite animes.

You should search it up on Google. /to lazy to provide description

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    I really recommend that you watch Clannad, it is the best anime I have seen. Another one I enjoyed was Karin it's about a girl vampire that gets nosebleeds whenever she's with the guy protagonist.

Years
    Since I don't have any recommendations that haven't already been said that are anime, I'm going to suggest the slow to start, but still very entertaining read of Mahou Sensei Negima!. Don't be fooled by it's fairly stereotypical "pantsu series" start, it's a very engrossing read once it gets going.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I'm starting to think that I've watched every good comedy out there... I'm still finding more, but every one I watch is just a little worse than the one before it. I'm looking for something really spectacular, that I haven't yet seen. (If such a thing exists.) I'm actually watching a bunch of really awesome ones as they air, but that means I only get to watch like an 2 hours a week... Sometimes, I wanna just sit down and watch like 10 episodes at once lol.

My 2 favorite anime are Lucky Star and Umisho.

I really can't make an actual list past those two, but this is pretty much everything (good) that I've watched:
    K-ON, Shuffle, Futakoi, Bleach (until they decided to ruin it with filllers), Kannazuki no Miko, Toradora, Ristorante Paradiso, Kanamemo, Shakugan no Shana, Seto no Hanayome, Girl's Bravo (kinda meh tho), Azumanga Daioh, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (and purezza), DearS, Nyan Koi!, Sora no Otoshimono, He is My Master, Kampfer, Omamori Himari, and Shin chan.

I'm hoping that you'll be able to see at least a couple in there that you liked, and will be able to suggest something based on those.

(I already had the list of all the anime that I've watched saved, so don't worry, I didn't waste THAT much time typing that lol. I just added in the stuff in parentheses.)
    Oh, Umisho! Recommended Saki. really, it's quite like it though not as quite perverted as umisho, but more on the sensual side.

And I see you like ecch, B Gata H Kei. Nuff said. try it before the rest.

Back