• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Team Challenge (Anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    Update for day 3 of Harley:

-Fought my way through Winona's gym, and won
    -Took care of the dudes at Mt.Pyre, and got TM30 while I was there
    -WALKED back to Mt. Chimney to take out the Magma base, which I did
    -Got a coin case to get Flamethrower and Ice Beam
    -Went and took out the Aqua base, and skipped the Master Ball
    -Went to Mossdeep and tore up the Psychic gym
    -Took out the Magmas for good.
    -Went under the sea and destroyed the Magmas
    -Did the whole legend long thing
    -Got my final badge and went to Ever Grande and through Victory Road
    -Swept through the first three E4 members, Drake gave me trouble, and Wallace gave me less trouble, but still trouble.
    -I WON!
    -And that's it, I still have Steven left.

And now, the team:

Cacturne Lv50

-Needle Arm
    -Leech Seed
    -Spikes (Never used once btw)
    -Faint Attack

Banette Lv50

-Will-O-Wisp
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Faint Attack

Ariados Lv50

-Sludge Bomb
    -Night Shade
    -Dig
    -Leech Life

Octillery Lv51

-Surf
    -Focus Energy
    -Psybeam
    -Ice Beam

Wigglytuff Lv48 (Didn't beat a single E4 pokemon)

-Strength
    -Disable
    -Flamethrower
    -Sing (Never once hit a pokemon)

Next up, Steven. God help me!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Hahah. Poor Wigglytuff. Good luck on beating Steven

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Forgot you were playing HGSS, not DPPt. He may be more useful to you, but he lacks type advantages challenging the DPPt E4.

Oh yeah, cos of Bertha, Flint and Cynthia's Lucario, Garchomp, Milotic, Togekiss, Gastrodon...

Well he's doing ok so far. But since Skorupi evolved, I taught him Ice Fang and Thunder Fang at the move tutor, so Drapion is definitely not my weakest Pokemon anymore. Until he evolves, that honour now rests with Lairon. As I write this he's Lv39, so three more levels.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Second Update

May's Epic Anime Team Run

After training Wurmple into LV 7 thus evolving her to a Silcoon & Eevee into LV 7 as well, oh and also caught a Lotad for HM purposes later hopefully, we all head out to Route 104 and defeat all the trainers and whatever wild pokemon we encountered before heading into Petalburgh Woods.

Inside, I battle plenty of Trainers with bug pokemon but they all fail. Also, I managed to catch a Taillow that will Fly me from Point A to Point B later :D. Now, I run into Team Aqu up to no good and beat him up with Torchic's Ember. I obtained a Great Ball for my help and tried to high tail it out of the forest but not before running into plenty of Wurmples and Shroomish as well as another bug trainer.

Out of the forest at last and Torchic is now at LV 13 and so we rush to Rustboro City but not before picking some berries and obtainin the Wailmer Pail. Now along the way....yes more trainers again. They were no problem and I arrive in Rustboro City. I head to the Pokemon Center to drop Taillow in the PC, heal, and then save my progress. By this time Torchic is at LV 14 while Eevee and Silcoon are still at LV 7.

Now I explore the city and obtain HM Cut in the process. Next we are off to Route 116 for training before fighting Roxanne. Fastfoward...........after the training Torchic is now a LV 16 Combusken, Eevee is LV 12, and Silcoon evolve into Beautifly and is at LV 11, also I catch a Skitty who is at LV 7. We head to the gym with the determination to win.

First I pout Skitty to the front of the party so she can steal some EXP. Inside the first trainer didnt put up a fight at all against Beautiflys Absorb and the next double battle had Combusken Double Kicking right and left while Skitty simply Attracted. We won and got an easy way victory to Roxanne.

Roxannes two Geodudes went down to Combuskens Double Kick while one Geodude managed to KO Beautifly with Rock Tomb and Skitty steals EXP. Her Nosepass tried to get Skitty with block but I switched in with Combusken. It stays alive after my double kick and heals with an oran berry and a super potion and again once more before finally going down. I earn my Stone Badge and TM Rock Tomb before leaving.

Outside, im interrupted my Team Aqua running away but i still head to the Pokemon Center to heal, grab Zigzagoon for cut and head out to get back the goods from Team Aqua.

Everything is successful and i earn myself a Greatball and the PokeNav for my efforts. Trying to leave im stopped by getting the Match Call update and trying it out. Set for leave but im stopped by Brendan and i register him into the PokeNav and have a quick battle. I easily take out Slugma with Combusken at the risk of Eevee being put to sleep and lose Beautifly to Mudkip to then finish it off with Combusken. Now i rush to Mr. Brineys house and then I set sail for Dewford Town and my next badge. On the island i explore and get my old rod, silk scarf and deposit Zigzagoon back into the PC before saving here and starting more training...
    END

I just need Squirtle now :D

Team Thus Far

Combusken
    Male
    LV 17
    -Double Kick
    -Growl
    -Peck
    -Ember

Beautifly
    Female
    LV 12
    -Tackle
    -Absorb
    -Poison Sting
    -Harden

Eevee
    Male
    LV 13
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Helping Hand
    -Sand Attack

Skitty
    Female
    Lv 11
    -Growl
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Attract

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    May has too many normal types.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yeah and she also had Munchlax as well but this run is one Emerald so yeah. Maybe I should have did it on Ruby/Sapphire just for Contests xD. Anyway,

May's Epic Anime Team Run

After a long time of training its is finally time to face Brawl and obtain the second badge. Inside the gym, Beautifly was really dominating with Gust and in short time we made it to Brawly.

Beautifly manages to get his Machop down to red before he super potions to gain health. Machop lowered Beautiflys HP to 15 but Beautifly managed to KO it and move up a level and learned Stun Spore. Next up was Meditite and Beautifly used her newly learnt Stun Spore on it and after three Gust it goes down. Last was Makuhita but i call out Combusken for the finish. A Bulked Up Vital Throw took down Combusken so out back went Beautifly low on health. She managed to knock his health down before and after the Citrus Berry kicked in so it was all up to Skitty. One Tackle and i obtained TM Bulk Up and the Knuckle Badge. So i head to the Pokemon Center to heal, grab Lotad for Flash, save, and head to Granite Cave.

In the cave we ran into numerous wild pokemon and defeated them along the way and in no time we handed Steven the letter, obtained TM Steel Wing, registered him in the PokeNav, dropped Lotad back in the PC, and set sail to Slateport City. On the beach, I battle every trainer there including the ones in the beach house before making it into Slateport City and rushing to the Pokemon Center to heal and save.

Now we go exploring the city and during this i obtain the Powder Jar, Soothe Bell, TM Torment. I talk to Dock and that makes the Team Aqua line outside the Museum disappear. But before that i went shopping for some great balls and went to Route110 for it was time to catch Squirtle via cheating...and hes caught at LV 12. So now I head to the Museum, get a new TM from an Aqua member, and take care of the Team Aqua members upstairs, register Scott in the PokeNav outside the Museum, and then after that head to the Pokemon Center to save this part of the challenge. Now i will go out and train Squirtle and next time i should be in Mauville City when i start my 4th update

END

Got everyone now but i just realized Blaziken wont be able to have fire spin D: and i really wanted to do her complete moveset. Guess i will substitute it with another fire type move :/

Team Thus Far

Combusken
    Male
    LV 21
    -Double Kick
    -Growl
    -Peck
    -Ember

Beautifly
    Female
    LV 18
    -Tackle
    -Absorb
    -Stun Spore
    -Gust

Eevee
    Male
    LV 17
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Helping Hand
    -Sand Attack

Skitty @ Silk Scarf
    Female
    Lv 17
    -Sing
    -Tackle
    -Double Slap
    -Attract

Squirtle
    LV 12
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Bubble
    -Withdraw

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    AAAAAAAAAAAhh!!!!!!!!

I finished my Anime challenge as Harley, but my god, Steven was just ridiculous!!!! I had to grind about 10 extra levels on each pokemon just for Steven, and even then, his Metagross outsped and ohko'd all of my pokemon, so I eventually just gave up and item'd him into submission!

Here's the team I finished with:

Cacturne Lv60

-Giga Drain
    -Leech Seed
    -Spikes
    -Faint Attack

Banette Lv60

-Will-O-Wisp
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Faint Attack

Ariados Lv61

-Sludge Bomb
    -Night Shade
    -Dig
    -Leech Life (...)

Octillery Lv60

-Surf
    -Focus Energy
    -Psybeam
    -Ice Beam

Wigglytuff Lv61 (Probably the reason I won)

-Return
    -Disable
    -Flamethrower
    -Sing

It's been fun, finishing this challenge before I even got registered on the roster in the first post, but all good things have to come to an end.

Last edited:

G3RM

Trainer
    Years
    I'm going to use Takuto on Diamond
    Team:
    Darkrai
    Latios
    Going to cheat for both of them

Years
    -Made it to the Indigo Plateau
    -Beat the E4 and Lance
    -Headed to kanto
    -Donphan swept Lt. Surge and Janine
    -Typhlosion beat Erika
    -ive pretty much stopped using Beedrill at this point
    -cleared up all the power plant junk
    -beat Brock, Blaine, Blue, Misty and Sabrina
    -Headed to mt silver to face Red
    -faced him and kept losing
    -Gonna give it another go after some grinding
    Team after failed attempt at beating Red

Thyphlosion (lvl 56)
    -Flame Wheel
    -Dig
    -Thunder Punch
    -Smoke Screen

Donphan (lvl 56)
    -Take Down
    -Rollout
    -Denfense Curl
    -Earthquake

Beedrill (lvl 42)
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Fury Cutter
    -Fury Attack
    -Return

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    Sorry i havent updated in a while, ive just beaten Byron. My epic team is epic, though underpowered a bit all around. I have had a hard time trying to evolve Chingling. She FINALLY evolved at lv 39. I hate happiness >: (

My team.
    Weepinbell lv 42

Acid
    Stun Spore
    Razor Leaf
    Sleep Powder
    Bad moveset, will improve greatly soon. Status effects are very useful.

Growlie lv 44

Dig
    Aerial Ace
    Crunch
    Flamethrower
    A real powerhouse, surprisingly. bad stats, NFE, doesnt stop this thing. OHKOd Byrons entire gym.

Weezing lv 42

Haze
    Sludge
    Smokescreen
    Explosion
    Obviously a good pokemon, but has only sludge for attacking, so mostly a wall.

Chimecho lv 42

Heal Bell
    Shock Wave
    Double-edge
    Confusion
    Good pokemon, it was a pain trying to evolve her, but worth it. good Sp Atk and Sp Def make her a viable special fighter.

Cacnea lv 42

Drain Punch
    Ingrain
    Sucker Punch
    Spikes
    Probably the worst, but had some epic moments. Cannot evolve, so sadly, he'll be stuck at the bottom.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    -Kicked things off from Blackthorn. Headed south. It took a while, but I beat every trainer and got every item on the routes south of Blackthorn.
    -Headed to Blackthorn Gym. Beat up the trainers, solved the lava puzzle and took on Clair!
    -It was my Drapion vs her Gyarados. As usual I laid down Toxic Spikes, while he spammed Dragon Rage. Drapion used Thunder Fang back twice, taking out Gyarados and leaving Drapion at 32 HP.
    -Next she used her Kingdra, which was automatically poisoned. I used Ursaring. I used Slash, taking a respectable chunk of HP, but Kingdra's Dragon Pulse did a lot more. I switched to Electivire in time to take a Surf. Electivire used Thunderpunch, while Kingdra spammed Surf and Full Restores. Eventually, Kingdra fell.
    -She used a Dragonair, which easily finished off Electivire. I switched to Torterra. The Dragonair, weakened by poison, got taken out by a single Earthquake from Torterra. And last came her other Dragonair. I knew this one would be trouble. Maybe it was the Aqua Tail critical hitting and killing Torterra. Or Shed Skin getting rid of the poison.
    -I switched to Drapion and used Ice Fang, taking Dragonair to yellow health. He used Dragon Pulse, leaving Drapion with 2HP! Another Ice Fang finished Drapion.
    -But, being a complete jerk, she didn't hand over the badge and made us visit the Dragon's Den.
    -And as I beat up an AceTrainer's Dragonair, Lairon hit Lv42.

What? Lairon is evolving!

-I finally, finally, had an Aggron. Meaning that my team was now completely fully evolved.
    -Took the Dragon Users Challenge and passed, earning the Rising Badge!
    -Went to NewBark where I got a Master Ball, and was told the Kimono Girls were looking for me.
    -Went to Ecruteak's Dance Theatre and prepared to fight the Kimono Girls. Magmortar handled Umbreon without too much trouble with Fire Punch (I burned him early). Next up was Espeon, so I switched to the Dark-type Drapion to nullify Psychic. It pounded with a weak Swift attack while Drapion killed it with Bug Bite. Magmortar handled Jolteon and Flareon, while Electivire deep-fried Vaporeon.
    -A little girl ran in. Apparently something was filying around Bell Tower. Could it be...?

NEXT: I climb Bell Tower to take on Ho-Oh, then head down the long routes to the Pokemon League!

TEAM
    Lv42 Aggron - Take Down, Iron Head, Surf, Mud-Slap
    Lv41 Torterra - Earthquake, Energy Ball, Headbutt, Curse
    Lv41 Electivire - Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Low Kick, Strength
    Lv42 Magmortar - Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Faint Attack, Confuse Ray
    Lv42 Drapion - Toxic Spikes, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Bug Bite
    Lv41 Ursaring - Slash, Lick, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack

Years
    I beat red!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooo i played it this morning, so i don't remember the details. lots of items and even more luck

Final Team:

Typhlosion (lvl 65)
    -Thunder Punch
    -Flamethrower
    -Dig
    -Smokescreen

Donphan (lvl 65)
    -Earthquake
    -Rollout
    -Defense Curl
    -Take Down

Beedrill (Lvl 60)
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Return
    -Fury Cutter
    -Swift

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    Sorry I haven't updated in ages, I was slowly doing this while doing a solorun on yellow, but this is my final update :)

-Bryon was okayish once charmeleon evolved, so Charizard beat the first 2 of his pokemon, then kingler jumped in to beat Blastiodon
    -Candice was quite easy with Charizard again.
    -Volkner was pretty tough, beat him on my 3rd try with mostly Primape.
    -Had to grind a LOT to beat the elite four (barely even used pikachu because he kept getting beat)
    -Cynthia was making me SO angry! Her Garchomps are a living nightmare, not even kidding..

Finishing team:
    L59 - Moves: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Discharge.
    L62 - Moves: Take down, Petal dance, Solarbeam, Seed bomb.
    L62 - Moves: Dig, Flamethrower, Slash, Heat wave.
    L61 - Crabhammer, Stomp, Guillotine, Surf.
    L61 - Cross chop, Thrash, karate chop, Close combat.

End.

Hands down, hardest challenge so far... The elite four were a nightmare and a half. Still kind of fun though to be fair. Anyhow, that's me done. :P

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    going along on my james adventure, i just beat Candice and Cyrus (distortion world). I had a hell of a time against Cyrus, all of his team counters my team. So i just explosion/revive/explosion/revive the lot of them. On my way to Sunyshore now.

Weezing lv 48

Sludge Bomb
    Haze
    Explosion
    Smokescreen

Victreebel lv 49

Wring Out
    Stun Spore
    Leaf Blade
    Gastro Acid

Growlie lv 47

Dig
    Iron Tail
    Crunch
    Flamethrower

Chimecho lv 48

Heal Bell
    Extrasensory
    Shock Wave
    Double-Edge

Cacnea lv 48

Drain Punch
    Needle Arm
    Sucker Punch
    Spikes

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Can I cheat TM Ice Beam for Squirtle as the Game Corner is such a pain D:. I'm losing more coins than I'm gaining

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yeah I haven't did an update in a while but that's because I've been trying to finish off another challenge. Also I just noticed am I the only one actually doing the same movesets there characters pokemon had.

E.g Mays Skitty
    Tackle
    Doubleslap
    Assist
    Blizzard

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Oh well I thought we were supposed to do complete movesets. Well I still am to make it more interesting. The only move I can't obtain which I recently found out is firespin which Torchic learns at level 25 :|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back