• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Team Challenge (Anime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceFireLighnting

Well, I posted this in the challenge idea thread, but since I can't do my monotype generation duo pokemon cause Sydian closed the thread, I'm here with my idea.

Well, it's simple:

-You choose any Pokemon anime or movie character and use any of their previous/current pokemon.
    -You can choose any number of pokemon between 2 and 5, not including doubles.
    -You can only have 1 hm slave, as no anime character has any.
    -You cannot use any pokemon they traded, but you can use the pokemon they received in that trade.
    -Any pokemon traded within the main characters (Dawn and Ash, for ex.) stay with their original trainer. Just to give the challenge some flair.
    -All pokemon have to be the same exept for nature and gender. THAT MEANS SHINIES. YOU NEED TO MAKE ANY SHINIES SHINY. You can cheat for that.
    -You can cheat to get two of your pokemon. The rest, you trade for.
    -You have to name yourself your anime character.

Registry Form setup:
    PC Username
    Character
    Team
    Cheating?

Random example team: Winona: Shiny Swellow, Altaria, Tropius

Players:​

GEN I (R/B/Y)
    myrrhman, R, Ash
    Scytha, Y, Ash​

GEN II (G/S/C)
    Cardwell74, Jimmy, C​

GEN III (R/S/FR/LG/E)
    daniehej, Richie, FR
    Luigi-San, Gary, FR
    GFA, Gary, FR STOPPED​

GEN IV (D/P/Pt/HG/SS)
    IceFireLighnting, Ash, Pt
    Giratina F, Conway, P
    Roughsponge, Ash, Pt
    Sammyskitty, Zoey, D
    The Sceptile King, Ash, SS
    Sora247_2009, Ash, HG
    BitLord, Zoey, Pt
    Diablerie, Paul, HG
    GFA, Pual, D
    AceDragonite, Nando, Pt
    Porygon Z, Barry, Pt
    Necro Flame, May, Pt/SS
    pokemonlover493, Ash, D
    Actshon, Harrison, HG
    dragon0fangz, James, Pt
    Lil Naps, Brock, Pt​

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Hi i'm going to do it with Richie

daniehej
    My team (Richie's team)

Sparky(Pikachu)
    Rose(Taillow)
    Zippo(Charmeleon, start as Charmander)
    Cruz(Pupitar, starts as Larvitar)
    Happy(Butterfree, starts as Caterpie)

Version: FireRed

I'll cheat for Cruz(Larvitar) and Rose(Taillow)

:)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    PC Username: Giratina ♀
    Character: Conway Kōhei
    Team: Slowking, Heracross, Aggron, Lickilicky, Dusknoir
    Cheating?: I'll be breeding, and maybe cheating to get them all up to level five, but otherwise no.

I'll be using Pokémon Pearl today. Also, i'm assuming that movesets have to be the same?

Last edited:

IceFireLighnting

You have to have at least two moves that are the same, and I'll sign you up!
    Edit: Sorry, just can't get the female sign!

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
  • I'll start this using the obvious one, Ash Ketchum.

Username: Sora247_2009
    Character: Ask Ketchum
    Team: Sceptile, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Torkoal, Pikachu, Glalie
    Cheating: None

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • Okay this looks fun so I'll give it a try :)

Username: Roughsponge
    Character: Ash ketchum (How original..)
    Team: I'm not 100% sure yet so it could change.. but Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Kingler & (perhaps) Snorlax.
    Cheating: Only to trade the eggs of Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander & possibly a munchlax egg (Since they are pretty hard to capture).

Oh and I'll be playing on Platinum ^^

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    You can always copy and paste... oh well. I'll start breeding dem Pogermans.

IceFireLighnting

I'll sign you guys up! Thanks! I was hoping for something that actually took off... And I got it!
    Sora...what game are you using?:(

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Actually, I just realized that I will be cheating. Not directly, but I will. Until I buy another copy of Pearl or Diamond, this Pearl - along with being my Conway game file - will also be my "Action Replay testing zone", if you will. So I'll probably be either hacking Fly onto one of my Pokémon or running through the first half of the game insanely fast, because Pearl is also my primary breeding file since I can get any Pokémon on it. The kids will be legit, the parents will be hacked.

Just a warning, since hack files tend to explode and whatnot. back to breeding...

EDIT: Oh wait, another question - If I wanted to swap out Floatzel for Venonat, would i be allowed to evolve Venonat into Venomoth?

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • I'll sign you guys up! Thanks! I was hoping for something that actually took off... And I got it!
    Sora...what game are you using?:(

It's a great idea for a challenge, I've been waiting for something like this xD

Anyway it's time for an update:
    -Started Platinum, did all the start malarky, named myself Ash and choose Chimchar.
    -Battled Barry and lost :( But it was close..
    -Got the pokeballs off of Dawn
    -Traded for the pokemon (who are still eggs atm..)

Btw, can I ask if it would be okay to trade a charmeleon who is level 20 over instead of a charmander egg? because 4 pokemon at the very beginning could be tough.. If not then I've got the egg so I can use that :) either way I'm cool with it.

IceFireLighnting

Giritina, you may not evolve Venonat into Venomath(sorry, it's the way it's gotta be.)

Roughsponge, you may trade the Charmeleon over, but you may only use it when you need to if you intended on using it.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Ah well. I'd rather have a strong Venonat than another Water-type anyway. Progress time~!

Began game. I'm a male named Conway, naturally, and my rival is named - wait for it - Don! XD I'm a total genius, amirite.
    Started the game, picked Chimchar so that Don would have Piplup. Ha.
    Went through Epic First-Hour-Of-Playtime Maneuver.
    Caught some bait Pokémon and traded over the appropriate Eggies, as well as a Slugma to make them hatch faster.
    Commence Egghatchery...

IceFireLighnting

Great! Everything's looking Good! I'll go next:

Started the game.
    Chose Turtwig.
    Beat rival Barry.
    Got everything I needed to done.
    Beat Barry again.
    Team: Infernape,Lv.13, Bayleef,Lv.11, Kingler,Lv.12, Swellow,Lv.10, Ambipom,Lv.12, Furret/Pidgeot, lv. 1 HM Slaves

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I need to do this so I can get back into Pokemon ... Would someone recommend me a Sinnoh character?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I shall do Paul then! Who should be my starter ... Jk ... Trading is going to be a problem ... Anybody know a way that I can get Magmortar and Electivire without having to worry about actually getting them back?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    If you want I can grapple with my WiFi to trade 'em with you. Of course, you can probably get a bunch of people to do it with you on the Quick Trades thread.

Edit: Joy of joys! All of m- uh, Conway's Pokémon hatched! Slowpoke and Venonat are male while Diglett, Aron, and Heracross are female. Since I don't think any of his Pokémon have confirmed genders, I'll stick with these guys. I will now commence the training session. Yay.

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • Okay as predicted I did change my mind on the pokemon I'll be using..
    I'm now going with Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Primape & Kingler.

Snorlax was just too tough sadly :(

Oh well, the krabby & mankey eggs just hatched so I'll have to train them now.. fun times.

Still haven't even faced the first trainer yet, I better get a move on :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back