• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime vs Game

Years
    Just out of curiosity who else out there has ever tried out the type matchups constantly made in the show? Like when Ash used Pikachu to take down the Ryhdon. When I was young and saw that episode I was like "Gee thanks, Anime, I will use that tip!". And when it failed I kinda stopped trusting Ash and Company. After that I started to notice the WTF things they did. Like the 3rd movie when Ash uses his Bulbasaur to battle the Butterfree. When Butterfree knocks out Bulbasaur Ash gets this face like "Derp, how did I possibly lose this?".

Anyone else trust him and or have any other "Why did you use a water type to battle an electric type you dunce?" moments to share from the show?

Years
    The anime is different to the games and therfore what might work in the anime won't work in the games and vice-versa. You cannot aim for the horn in the games as the game mechanics won't allow that and that concept was thrown right out when the Lightning Rod ability was introduced meaning that aiming for the horn should not have worked in the first place.

As I have said many times before, the anime is more realistic and logical when it comes to battle strategies because of the absence of turns and freedom to move around instead of staying still like a statue. You're not exactly going to stand still if someone is beating you up, that's stupid.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Ummm, yeah.. when I was younger. But, the anime and the game are like two different identities. They don't necessarily contrast in battle mechanics, but yeah I guess Ash likes to experiment and stuff. I stick to game mechanics most of the time, but it's not always a bad idea to take another path.

Nekomata

Neko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2013
    In the anime, Pikachu beat Onix with the use of a sprinkler. If only we could do that in the games... xD Apparently making Onix wet made it weak to electric type attacks.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    Even as a naive 10 year old, I usually stuck to game mechanics. The anime just makes it more "realistic". As if anime ever considered physics.
    But it IS fun to have a Light Orb'd Pikachu using Grass Knot on a Swampert. ;o

Back