• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animes that amazed/disappointed you.

MOCHA !!

RULER OF ALL PURPLE MONKEYS
    Years
    i really enjoyed fullmetal alchemist . the story line was wicked and the character fully developed . on the other hand , ghost in a shell really disappointed me . it only took me three episodes for ' z's ' to start slipping out my mouth . i just couldn't grasp the whole robot thing . oh , and ouran high school host club was surprisingly really , really good .

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    -Amazed-
    Dragon Ball Z- They have some of the best if not the best fight scenes of have seen in anime that I have seen. The story line may be a little dull since it is essentially the same oh no Saiyans Goku save us! Oh no Freiza Goku SSJ time save us! Same thing for about ever Saga expect the Cell Saga since Gohan killed Cell.

Rurouni Kenshin- When I same this on Toonami many years ago I just loved the character of Kenshin and how he was so selfless and trying to repent for all the wrongs he has done in the past. Not to mention he is a bad a Samurai and the fight scenes in this are pretty good too.

Yu Yu Hakusho- I loved the anime up until the rushed through the Demon World part other then that it was one of the best I have seen. Again it had great fight scenes which was about the Entire Dark Tournament.

-Disappointed-
    Bobobo-bo bo-bobo- If there is a plot there some one please tell me cause it must be beyond me of what the plot consists of. I would have to be payed to watch any more episodes of this.

Gundam Seed- This is what Kira should have did what Heero did at 1:15 in Episode 1 that's all I have to say about that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-j4hLXHtf8&feature=related

Soul Eater- I really don't have anything negative to say about it, I just couldn't get into the so I suppose.

Darker than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini
    - I don't see the point in making Suo the main character Hei should have remained the main focus not Suo. I mean he loses his ability in like episode 2 or 3. He is still badass but why take away the main characters powers? Also why wasn't Huang in it? I don't know why they only did 12 episodes but oh well it is what it is. I would have liked it a lot more if they continued the story line from season 1 and kept Hei as the main character.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
    Animu that disappoint me? Every Digimon season after the third one. Digimon was a substantial part of my childhood, and the fact that all the kiddies nowadays have crap Digimon animu to "enjoy" makes me sad. How will there be young Kaisers in the future if they don't have proper Digimon to be raised on?!

Gunbuster was an OVA series I had heard about for years and years. Two of my very good friends, who I respect a good deal, said it was among their favorite anime and I needed to watch it. One night, one of those friends and I marathoned the whole thing... at first I just thought I wasn't in the mood for some loldeep Gainax mess, but after watching it a second time I just couldn't take it. The tone was all over the place, like Anno didn't even know what kind of anime he was directing. The ending just didn't fit at all. It was just poorly paced, poorly made... ugh.

Also, Persona - trinity soul - was hella awful. I... well, there's just not much to be said on the matter. It was just bad. Astounding, since Persona 3 is essentialy the greatest thing to happen to video games since Super Mario Bros.

And yeah, Lucky Star comes to mind. It only took one episode to realize how bad it was and I wasn't really "disappointed", but I was sort of looking forward to it. I had heard great things about it on the Internet and from my friends in the Anime Club at college, but... wow, they spent like fifteen minutes talking about the proper way to eat their food. That's... not funny? It practically put me to sleep. People compare it to Seinfeld, which is just so wrong. Just because it's a show about nothing doesn't make it a groundbreaking comedy.

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I see a lot of Bleach and Naruto haters but too me its fun to read others opinions lol. Alright my turn

Amazed

Nagaserete Airantou - awesome <3
    Soul Eater - omg just pure awesome
    Tactics - cool and amazing
    Inuyasha - I'm no romance guy but this anime was pure awesome
    Blood + - I didn't like it at first but I grew on me
    Full Metal Alchemist - good story and great charcters
    Rosario + Vampire - A vampire that's a pretty girl how could I not be amazed

Disappointed

Eureka 7 - just horrible
    FLCL - I'm a random guy but like WTF was going in I don't know
    Paranoia Agent - a guy killling with a baseball bat...how...unentertaining -fake grins-
    Trinity Blood - um no...that is all
    Yugioh 5Ds - so hurt by this season -sniffles-
    One Piece - I just never got into it and it seems boring to be honest
    Noein - W...T...F...

These are just a few from the top of my head but om sure there's more to love and even more to hate xD.

Pass!on

I'll go swimmin' in your eyes
    Years
    Princess Tutu amazed me. Just by looking at it I expected it to be crap, but now its one of my favorite series. Its just.. great. Shoujo Magic.

Lucky Star disappointed me. I thought it'd be cute and funny. It was just boring.

Umbreon_

muwahh
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    K-ON! amazed me. It's funny, cute and Yui is very very x3~ kawaii! :p

Bleach disappointed me. I just hate it. lol

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Bleach-Well, that's my favorite anime... So I guess I really like everything about it! Well, a lot of it, atleast.
    Death Note-I really enjoyed the storyline and artwork.
    Kuroshitsuji-I loved it, but... I was disappointed when they decided to kill off Ciel and cut off Sebastian's arm. D= The manga is so different from the anime...
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn-It's a good anime, but it gets a little dull at times...
    Naruto/Naruto Shippuden-It's okay, but gets a little dull at times...

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2010
    Amazed anime:
    Noein - the first part or episodes of it are kinda confusing but the way the story goes, the story really gets interesting. If you missed a single episode, you are done and you can't keep up with the story.

Disappointed anime:
    Zoids Fuzors - the Zoids franchise is really cool. One of my favorite series. But this one really disappoints me with poor plot and storyline. The only thing I liked on it is the mecha designs.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Really? I haven't seen much of the dub, only various clips. But from what I've seen, the dub actors can actually sing pretty damn good, and of course there wasn't any terrible Engrish in the songs with English lyrics.

The Engrish is pretty funny, in fact it kind of makes it a bit better in a weird kind of funny way!

But the dub acting is just diabolical in comparison to the original, the voices are all wrong! But this is the case with most anime dubs.

Back