• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
  • Still waiting for that Gen V Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Anyways, I highly dislike these new forms and think that combining pokemon like this is a little stupid and unoriginal. I'm also upset that they are breaking the name cycle from colors and stones like Green, blue, yellow, ruby, pearl, diamond, etc. Could've at least called it Gray Version.

The only thing cool about this is that we might be able to find answers to some of the plot gaps(anyone thinking N here?), but again I just dislike this entire thing in general. Better be funner than the other pkm games I've bought.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think it's only going to be one region because the only games that had multiple regions were GSC, that was their exclusive feature and we had HGSS in 2009 so having ANOTHER game with 2 regions 3 years later would be kind of pointless the whole 16 badge concept etc. I can see new areas but that's really it. Also not to mention the development time would be longer than it actually is being released.

prime456

the hope for the future
    Years
  • Of course they could add a next region remember professor juniper father did say skylar could bring you on the cargo ship to a different region

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If the games were in a new region, I wouldn't expect them to have a name that connects them with B/W. By calling them B/W "2" there's a definite expectation that they're gonna have some connection to B/W, and that more than likely means taking place in the same region.

After all it's not called R/S "2" or G/S "2".

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Well said, LeSabre.

The English names of the games are Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2. This highly suggests you're all being duped and that my two-third-versions theory is more likely.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well said, LeSabre.

The English names of the games are Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2. This highly suggests you're all being duped and that my two-third-versions theory is more likely.

I agree, if it wasn't going to be based in Unova it would have a completely different name I'd assume but that's obviously why they have added the two.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well just because they are more than likely going to take place in Unova again, doesn't mean they still can't be sequels. That's like saying Harry Potter being set in Hogwarts year after year in each book of the series aren't sequels to one another. The difference between these two games and the originally thought up "Gray" is that Gray would have been the original two games merged as one with a few enhancements, upgrades, and extras but overall the same story with N and Team Plasma. In Black & White 2, we can have a new story that takes place after the events of Black and White making these games a sequel rather than a traditional third game.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I can't believe some of the hate in this thread, though the general opinion seems to be changing. But seriously, do people hate change this much?
    I think this a fantastic idea, they say "2" right in the name, they're obvious sequels and not Pokemon Gray split in two. And I will firmly believe that until I have any evidence to suggest otherwise.

Without knowing anything about the game I'll reserve the rest of my judgement but I am definitely excited about the possibilities here. And if Hoenn does show up, I'll welcome it.

Also Porygon is a pretty stupid looking Pokemon. =/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Please don't use the world "Obvious" multiple times we've used that word this generation it turned out to be wrong like Luvdisc having an evolution, the third game being called Grey/Gray...
    It could just be an alternate version of BW with many changes not a true sequel...though I hope it's a sequel...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Please don't use the world "Obvious" multiple times we've used that word this generation it turned out to be wrong like Luvdisc having an evolution, the third game being called Grey/Gray...
    That is very true! & All we have is a name and two mascots as well as their names. I think we need to lay back and just wait for some more news, haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think Nintendo stalked all Pokemon forums and saw we were expecting Grey and deliberately made Black 2 and White 2. We just got trolled.

Years
  • I think Nintendo stalked all Pokemon forums and saw we were expecting Grey and deliberately made Black 2 and White 2. We just got trolled.
    I think the same...they proably did that with the so called Luvdisc evolution too...the remakes proably won't even be called MRAS now either...
    Something strange is that despite the close release date they didn't give us a video...I wonder if the games are still in production...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I sure hope we see RS remakes in the future! But anyway, as for B2W2, I did want a third game as opposed to a duo sequel, but the fact that it's so different from the normal thing intrigues me. So I'm looking forward to these games and more updates on them. And this is coming from someone who hates change, haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Game Freak is huge on shocking people and subverting expectations tbh, that's why I insisted it wouldn't be called Gray haha. Of course no one saw this coming though, they just took it to a new level. But I honestly don't think Gray was ever an option, they probably wanted to shock people from the beginning.

Years
  • Game Freak is huge on shocking people and subverting expectations tbh, that's why I insisted it wouldn't be called Gray haha. Of course no one saw this coming though, they just took it to a new level. But I honestly don't think Gray was ever an option, they probably wanted to shock people from the beginning.
    I think it was due to the hints they dropped like N saying the world had become too Grey and that it needed to return to being Black and White and Kyurem being grey...Wait a minute maybe the fact that these games aren't called Grey is a hint about Plasma...it could mean that the world is still divided into two or that they still seek to keep the world Black and White...

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    GF Boss: "Alright team we already ran out of clever ways to use colors/gems/irons/metals"
    GF Team: "What??? Awwwwww, now what are going to do with new releases?"
    GF Boss: "Good that you ask young one, NOW WE HAVE NUMBERS! And they are infinite over 9000!!!!"

But seriously this has been the biggest troll they could have given to us, we here expecting something of the usual but then they go make 2 different versions of Kyurem and give us 2 new games instead of one, now i can't wait to see the clever ideas they came up with to have this game interact as in, white1 can only interact with white2 and the such xD.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm so hyped about these games. Just what I've needed to get back into the Pokémon spirit. In my opinion, Black and White never seemed finished to me. The story was way too short and the region was relatively small. Also, since all the games released on the DS thus far aren't completely compatible with trading anyway, I wouldn't rule out any new Pokémon being introduced. Aren't White Kyurem & Black Kyurem separate anyway? I'm expecting to see them integrating more Pokémon from other regions, and maybe adding a few new evolutions. That's just me being hopeful I guess, but it's possible.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ I'd love for the regional dex to not just be Unova this time around. If anyone has been keeping up with my blog, I've used every Unova Pokemon. lol So I am honestly sick of Unova Pokemon, unless they are named Petilil or Victini. Plus, I think a lot of other people are sick of just Unova. It can't just be me. So yeah, I'm really hoping for some other non-gen V Pokemon to be incorporated into the games. The beginning of BW was so bland too. The trainers hardly had any diversity. Before the first gym, you can only get your starter, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin, a monkey, Audino, and Munna. Compare that to say, Ruby and Sapphire where you could get your starter, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Wurmple, Lotad/Seedot, Ralts, Shroomish, Tailow, Slakoth, Ninc-- okay you get the point, lol. There was a lot of stuff available and trainers had better team diversity (some had stuff you couldn't even get right away, like Machop and Geodude). So yeah, I'd love to see more options with B2W2, especially in the beginning of the game.

Back