• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    ^ They could've made more creative sequel names though...Gold and Silver (and Crystal) can be considered as Sequels to RGBY but they weren't called R2G2/R2B2...so it's not a good excuse...they could also have given it a sub title like Black and White : Return to Unova or something more creative...
    Anyways I'm looking forward to see if there's any news this week...

Original Names for Gold and Silver were Pokemon 2. Then they changed to Gold and Silver with more solid release information. They also aren't considered, they were/are sequels.

Generally a Sequel doesn't get a shiny new name unless there is a huge difference between the old and new games. Subtitles are interchangeable with the 2 so really adding to the title really isn't that big of a change.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Posting to let you guys know that you can now use the news discussion thread as a place to discuss the upcoming news/leaks and that this thread is jut for reactions to the announcement now, yay!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so excited i used caps lock O.o

i have no idea what the story could possibly be,but im so looking forward to it, its gonna be awesome,i just hope it isnt the same story just with kyurem as the center,i want something completely new & FONTASTIC!!!!!!!

whooot! cant wait <3

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Glad to see some of the reactions dying down. Of course I'm excited for the sequels. I honestly feel that the 2 added to the game means it's something much more the some remake.

...That's all for now I guess.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    I cant wait for the new game hopefully it has a different story.

FLANNERY has to be in it! lol jk

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • My biggest reaction to the news was that it wasn't going to be on 3DS(sob sob!!) and that they actually named it Black and White 2. They have never done that, so it kinda shocked me that it's not going to be Pokemon Gray or something. I think it would've made more sense and I kinda like the color pattern they had going on.

Also, the new forms for Kyurem? They look just like Zekrom/Reshiram. When I saw them I actually thought that it was new Zekrom/Reshiram forms.

I'm sorta sad at this, I wouldn't say lack of creativity, but at how it looks to me so far. Still, it's a new game so i'm quite happy about that! LOL, I guess i'll put up with it and buy it anyways just to see.

Back