• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

annoyed by ash's battle style?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2008
    I mean at the end of the battle frontier ash fought using his mind, while at the beginning of sinnoh he starts fighting like a complete dumbass again.

I know it's supposed to be a new start but come on, he doesn't lose his brain when started a new adventure right :P?

Just wondering what you guys think.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I hate it enough that he loses all his Pokemon with every new region, but why does his skill go away also? I absolutely hate it when he loses battles against beginners, especially when he uses Pikachu, who should be extremely strong by now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2008
    i'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks this way :)

@Gummy: that's exactly what I meant :)

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    He loses his brain wayy too much.

He loses all his good pokemon so he always uses that pikachu. : (

urban_guerrilla

Two-tone Panther
    Years
    Perhaps he bumped his head on the way to Sinnoh? ;)

I think you're right though, but at the same time it has to happen really, things can't be too easy for Ash...

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I agree whenever he starts in a new region he acts all dumb, in fact when he was in Hoenn and some dude challenged him to a double battle Ash did not know what one was eventhough he done a double battle against the 4th gym leader of the Orange Island Pokemon League. Ash must a severe case of ADD.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Hoenn was like 1 year after orange islands. Maybe he forgot

Anyway he didn't lose his pokemon. He just gave them to Professor Oak. But I wish that Ash would find his classic pokemon like Squirtle and Charizard. They were awesome. Its to bad he let Squirtle go back to his little gang and let Charizard get trained by that whole thing.

I dislike how every season he tries to start out fresh. I wish they would just have Ash completely start out new. With completely new characters and pokemon. They should even get rid of Pikachu since Pikachu's jokes are really starting to get old and it makes Ash look way to weak now compared to the very strong powerful pokemon we see now.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Hoenn was like 1 year after orange islands. Maybe he forgot.

Who forgets things after a year, thats only possible if it either came from school (AFAIK Ash is a dropout) or was completely tedious.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Who forgets things after a year, thats only possible if it either came from school (AFAIK Ash is a dropout) or was completely tedious.

Ash isn't really Mr. Memory. You would notice that he forgets a lot of things in the anime. Either that or Nintendo just decided to Retcon it so Ash didn't know any double battles

Years
    Well, I got to admit, I was actually ashamed after seeing his first battle with Roark -- for someone that experienced, he really should have done better than... that.

And I'll go with what Nerevarine said.

Edit: Would his silliness against Brandon's Regice count? One Volt Tackle against a fully healed Regice? Come on, that's just style flaw.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Ash isn't really Mr. Memory. You would notice that he forgets a lot of things in the anime. Either that or Nintendo just decided to Retcon it so Ash didn't know any double battles

Well I have not watched the anime in years so I would not know, and I stopped watching it since the middle of when they were in Hoenn due to utter boredom.

But to forget a battle against a gym leader? Come on that was a major battle and stuff!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Edit: Would his silliness against Brandon's Regice count? One Volt Tackle against a fully healed Regice? Come on, that's just style flaw.

I've watched that...and was horrified by the apparent physics violation!!!
    Before that, the floor was entirely covered in ice through regice's ice beam attack, and pikachu's shouldn't even be able to execute volt tackle since there no friction on the floor to support pikachu's movements! IMO Regice should have won that battle.

Years
    I completely agree with you, Ash trains his Bulbasaur, Squirtle and others for Kanto and just abandons them when he goes to a new region. Then he catches a few lv.1 Pokemon, is he a complete idiot or what??!!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    i've got one thing to suport this.
    by the end of Johto, Kanto AND Orange Island's his Pika IMO should be about lv100 however he couldn't even beat Mays father's (Slakoths Evo, forgot name. i think its vigoroth or something)
    So yeah, but I hate Ash anyway :(

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I hated Ash to begin with so, there. But, I think Paul made him angry and he started focusing on beating Paul's pokemon. Not battling correctly.
    So, I'm not on Ash's side at all. I hate Ash with all my guts. But I still think Paul twisted his brain or something. XP

Back