• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another 4 years...?

Do you want the new series to be another 4 years long? (OR MAYBE EVEN LONGER??)

• Yeah!

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Not really :(

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I wouldn't care! I luv pokeymanz!

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well some of you guys may, or may not know that the D&P series took 4 years to finnish which was a bit boring to be honest... thats 4 years to collect 8 badges for arceuses sake! So when this new 5th gen series comes out are you hoping for them to lay low on the fillers and speed up the show a little? Maybe even add another battle frontier series if they have to fill up time for a 6th gen XD Well I'm im not too sure but at least keep everything fresh... I wouldnt mind too much but im asking you guys :D

What do you guys think...? DISCUSS! :D

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    If Ash actually becomes a older like in the 17 18 then I wouldn't mind but if he stays almost the same like usual not really.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Oh how this series DRAAAGGGEEED! But if you come to think of it, Gen 5 looks like a real treat, with all the rumours about. I voted Not Really as it's too long. But if it turns out to be a good series, why not.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    3 years. It started in 2007.
    Wrong! Pokemon Diamond and Pearl first aired in japan on September 28, 2006, its now 2010.. and the new series is comming this fall...! Do the math. -.-"

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I just want the series to keep going as long as it can. It would be fun to show my kids "pokemon then, and pokemon now" lol

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    It depends. If they make this as funny as at the beginning and bring Misty back, I don't mind. But if the same like DP. No.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Yeah DP was really long all right.
    I mean AG has less episode but they traveled 2 regions, Hoenn and Kanto again.
    But DP, just Sinnoh only.
    I was hoping to see Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier Arc or something but since series is ending this year I guess that won't happen.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I think it should take as long as it should until the new games come out. I mean, it would be boring if the show ended before a new game came out. All it would do is repeat itself over and over. I think that would be worse.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    If they:
    • Make the animation better, like the animation in the movies/specials
    • Bring Misty back
    • Cut out on the fillers
    • Make it less narmy
    THEN I might not mind a long series.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wow, look peeps, they ain't ever bringing Misty back. If you can't get over that annoying redhead excuse for a character drawn on freaking paper and aired as TV waves to freaking electronic devices then you need some goddamn help... fast.

As for the season, I believe it's gonna last just about the same as DP regardless of popular opinion. Because they can't go any more than a short skirt on a 10 year old girl without American moms complaining

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Wow, look peeps, they ain't ever bringing Misty back. If you can't get over that annoying redhead excuse for a character drawn on freaking paper and aired as TV waves to freaking electronic devices then you need some goddamn help... fast.
    Tell it your mom. She will understand you.

Actually we can talk about bringing Misty back here, if it concern to our opinions about current topic.

RadiosX5

PC's Resident Otaku
    Years
    I suggest let somebody else take the place of Ash, seriously what's the kids age now? 16, 17, maybe 18?! He MUST be getting to that point now where he's gonna have to go solo and pass the torch onto another hero. So, if they DO! make another series i suggest bringing in a new set of heroes/heroines and maybe a new set of villains to replace team rocket (Seriously, why haven't they canned them already?!)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Semidos said:
    Actually we can talk about bringing Misty back here, if it concern to our opinions about current topic.

If you can find a way then I'll allow it. If you find it. Don't see how you'd be able to do it though.

Also, keep the stupid mom jokes in your head though. Be more original if anything.

Edit: And stop baiting people AdvancedK47. Who do you think you are? Me?

Anyway, I'd like the next series to be shorter as well which is why I'm hoping there won't be a Battle Frontier in Gen. V and that there will be something new. Or maybe the writers could create a new Orange Islands-esque filler arc.

Last edited:

23usernamebob

GucciBoy347
    Years
    I suggest let somebody else take the place of Ash, seriously what's the kids age now? 16, 17, maybe 18?! He MUST be getting to that point now where he's gonna have to go solo and pass the torch onto another hero. So, if they DO! make another series i suggest bringing in a new set of heroes/heroines and maybe a new set of villains to replace team rocket (Seriously, why haven't they canned them already?!)

idk if that would be a good idea;;then it will become like this new yugioh bs

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I don't really know...
    I don't exactly sit there and watch the anime anymore. Sure, maybe if it happens to be on, but only then. =\

Years
    Oh how this series DRAAAGGGEEED! But if you come to think of it, Gen 5 looks like a real treat, with all the rumours about.
    It was the exact same way when DP were first announced. None of these rumors came true and the anime stayed relatively the same.

• Ash will become a Pokemon Ranger!
    • Misty's coming back because __________!
    • Ash is leaving and the new girl is going to be the main character!
    • The shows going to end!

I really hope they change things though., but I really doubt they will. I actually expect an unusual cast change. The new girl is older, so maybe Ash will age a bit or they'll make a completely new character. I just don't want Brock to leave.

All the fillers are probably staying, because they want to stretch the series out along as the generation passes by. I want it to be shorter but it just doesn't look like that will happen.

Back