• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another <censored> Pt Team! [OU]

Years
  • I think I've made a good offensive team.
    Well I think so...

Team Overview

Team in detail

Heatran @ Focus Sash
    Levitate
    Naive nature (+Spe, -SpD)
    Atk 4/ SpA 252/ Spe 252
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Explosion

Sets up stealth rock and then sweeps or just blows up in their face.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    HP 172/ Atk 252/ Spe 84
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Aqua Tail

The Butcher, with a massive SpD stat of 354 thanks to Sand Stream and a bulky 256 Def
    covered by 384 HP its hell to takedown if it doesn't face a weakness. STAB Stone Edge
    and Crunch/Pursuit and Aqua Tail for other threats.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    HP 252/ Def 252/ Spe 4
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    ~ Wish
    ~ Surf
    ~ Protect
    ~ Hidden Power [Electric]

Walls all sorts of attacks and drinks up any water, it takes out what it can with
    Surf. Provides Wish support covered by Protect. HP Electric for Gyarados and such.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
    Levitate
    HP 108/ SpA 176/ Spe 224
    Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    ~ Overheat
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Will-o-wisp
    ~ Trick

A bulky counter to Gyarados, Scizor and Lucario. Tricks and burn.

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Technician
    HP 120/ Atk 224/ Spe 164
    ~ Sword Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ U-Turn

Bullet Punch made Scizor what it is, and as it's a priority move and I only have one other attack
    I chose to invest the speed EVs into HP.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Blaze
    Naive nature (+Spe, -SpD)
    Atk 64/ SpA 252/ Spe 192
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice]

Awesome late game sweeper. I think that NP just wastes time for someone as fragile
    as him, he's much better killing off the rest of their team with these moves.

-----------------------------------

Last edited:

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
  • Scarfgar is.....yuck.

Scarf Rotom-h would be a good alternative set.

Rotom-h@ Choice Scarf
    108 HP / 176 SpA / 224 Spe
    Timid

Overheat
    Thunderbolt
    Will-o-wisp
    Trick

A handy set. Cripple with a burn, cripple by tricking a scarf on them and counter a few things such as Gyarados, Scizor, Lucario and Heracross (without Night Slash). It can also serve as a nice revenge killer in a pinch.

Pursuit>>Earthquake on CBTar please. CBTar is great at coming in against something that hasn't a chance at defeating TTar and Pursuiting as they get the hell outta there.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Tyranitar

I can tell you right now CB Tar is so much more effective with Pursuit which is one of the sets major selling points. Put Pursuit >> EQ, because EQ really is not needed since CB Aqua Tail does ~90%> to lucario anyway and Magnezone cant take them either.

Another argument for why you should use Pursuit is because it opens up scizor sweeps aka you Pursuit their Zapos or Rotom and Scizor looks a whole lot more likely to sweep.

Scizor

I also hate Roost on SD Scizor, it rarely has time to use it effectively from experience (You have Wish support anyway) especially since you are letting everything wall you without a bug move. Put U-Turn over it, its much better. You scout your counters early game with U-Turn and then sweep late game with Bullet Punch when everything is worn down. Stealth Rock + U-Turn destroy most of Scizors counters/checks anyway. ^.^

In regards to Infernape and Azelf

I also dont get why people think Ape walls or checks Scizor, a SD LO Bullet Punch does like ~80% to Infernape...lol. The choice bander also eally nails it even with resisted moves. >.<

Anyways you are pretty Scizor weak as it happens and arguably given its role, a lead Heatran could be placed over Azelf to check Scizor too.

There are two decent lead Heatran sets, the standard shuca tran aka : -

@Shuca Berry
    4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Explosion
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

or

A bulkier set up if you desire that : -

@Leftovers
    176 HP / 252 SAtk / 80 Speed
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power / Hidden Power [Grass]

Bear in mind this version plays alot LESS like a suicide lead so you should play conservatively with it. The speed evs beat Max speed adamant Scizor.

Gengar

I really hate HP Ice on choiced gengar because : -

A. Bullet Punch from Scizor (nearly) OHKO's Mence with SS+SR up so "Its for revenging mence" holds less water.
    B. Its just another move Scizor/metagame can come in to Pursuit you on and then you lose your insurance policy against things.

For these reason i really do prefer Will-o-Wisp >> HP Ice and because it eases up prediction and can cripple most of its checks e.g Scizor, Tar, Zong, Meta, Jirachi etc amongst various others.

Either this or use a Scarf Rotom >> Gengar, similar to the one the guy above me suggests. This also helps with said Scizor too thus lessening the need for Tran, so yeah.

Just some things to consider here. Ill also assume the thread title means "Flipping" @_@ lol

Last edited:

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
  • Another <censored> Pt Team! [OU]

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    HP 172/ Atk 252/ Spe 84
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Aqua Tail

This needs Pursuit, otherwise it really isn't that good.

Also Smogon's spread is dumb, it claims it can outspeed Skarmory, when all Skarmory now run 12-16 Evs in Speed. You need 92 EVs to beat them.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    HP 188/ SpA 68/ Def 252
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    ~ Wish
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Hidden Power [Electric]

Walls all sorts of attacks and drinks up all the water, it takes out what it can
    with Surf and Ice Beam. Provides Wish support. HP Electric for Gyarados and such.

Again another Smogon spread that doesn't work. Use:

252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe

The HP hits a leftovers recovery point, and provides maximum defensive capabilties to lower the chances of Infernape and Gyarados 2HKOing you, since your spread can be 2HKOed. Drop Ice Beam for Protect, Vaporeon has proven to be a bad Salamence switch in, and Protect allows for reliable recovery and scouting.

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Technician
    HP 84/ Atk 252/ Spe 172
    ~ Sword Dance
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Roost

Bullet Punch made Scizor and as it's a priority move and I only have one other attack
    I chose to invest the speed EVs into HP.

These EVs could also do some fine tuning

120 HP / 224 Atk / 164 Spe

This outspeeds no Speed Cresselia and Suicune as that is the only worthwhile thing in this range, they don't play the speed game so there is absolutely no need to invest more in Speed. 120 HP provides a dash of bulk and minimal Life Orb recoil, as Max Attack isn't needed when you have Swords Dance and Life Orb backing you up.

Years
  • I can tell you right now CB Tar is so much more effective with Pursuit which is one of the sets major selling points. Put Pursuit >> EQ, because EQ really is not needed since CB Aqua Tail does ~90%> to lucario anyway and Magnezone cant take them either.

Another argument for why you should use Pursuit is because it opens up scizor sweeps aka you Pursuit their Zapos or Rotom and Scizor looks a whole lot more likely to sweep.
    Ah, I see. Definitely.

I also hate Roost on SD Scizor, it rarely has time to use it effectively from experience (You have Wish support anyway) especially since you are letting everything wall you without a bug move. Put U-Turn over it, its much better. You scout your counters early game with U-Turn and then sweep late game with Bullet Punch when everything is worn down. Stealth Rock + U-Turn destroy most of Scizors counters/checks anyway.
    U-Turn it is.

I also dont get why people think Ape walls or checks Scizor, a SD LO Bullet Punch does like ~80% to Infernape...lol. The choice bander also eally nails it even with resisted moves. >.<

Anyways you are pretty Scizor weak as it happens and arguably given its role, a lead Heatran could be placed over Azelf to check Scizor too.
    God I was fed up of that crappy Azelf, I'm more than happy to go with Lead Heatran.

I really hate HP Ice on choiced gengar because : -

A. Bullet Punch from Scizor (nearly) OHKO's Mence with SS+SR up so "Its for revenging mence" holds less water.
    B. Its just another move Scizor/metagame can come in to Pursuit you on and then you lose your insurance policy against things.

For these reason i really do prefer Will-o-Wisp >> HP Ice and because it eases up prediction and can cripple most of its checks e.g Scizor, Tar, Zong, Meta, Jirachi etc amongst various others.

Either this or use a Scarf Rotom >> Gengar, similar to the one the guy above me suggests. This also helps with said Scizor too thus lessening the need for Tran, so yeah.

Scarf Rotom-h would be a good alternative set.

Rotom-h@ Choice Scarf
    108 HP / 176 SpA / 224 Spe
    Timid

Overheat
    Thunderbolt
    Will-o-wisp
    Trick

A handy set. Cripple with a burn, cripple by tricking a scarf on them and counter a few things such as Gyarados, Scizor, Lucario and Heracross (without Night Slash). It can also serve as a nice revenge killer in a pinch.
    Gengar was a weak link, It's probably better for a bulkier replacement.

This needs Pursuit, otherwise it really isn't that good.

Also Smogon's spread is dumb, it claims it can outspeed Skarmory, when all Skarmory now run 12-16 Evs in Speed. You need 92 EVs to beat them.

Again another Smogon spread that doesn't work. Use:

252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe

The HP hits a leftovers recovery point, and provides maximum defensive capabilties to lower the chances of Infernape and Gyarados 2HKOing you, since your spread can be 2HKOed. Drop Ice Beam for Protect, Vaporeon has proven to be a bad Salamence switch in, and Protect allows for reliable recovery and scouting.

These EVs could also do some fine tuning

120 HP / 224 Atk / 164 Spe

This outspeeds no Speed Cresselia and Suicune as that is the only worthwhile thing in this range, they don't play the speed game so there is absolutely no need to invest more in Speed. 120 HP provides a dash of bulk and minimal Life Orb recoil, as Max Attack isn't needed when you have Swords Dance and Life Orb backing you up.
    I'm a noob who uses Smogon like that lol, thanks for the very useful advice, Will change the EVs thanks.

Thank you very much Overrated, Dark Azelf and Noir Lancer.

Just some things to consider here. Ill also assume the thread title means "Flipping" @_@ lol
    I'm afraid not. >:3

Back