• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another great type?

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    They have used many good ones but if you could add another type of pokemon, what would it be?

I would love to see wind as a type. It would cause damage to say bug and flying and be weak to fire (because blowing on fire makes it stronger). Just throwing it out there. No wrong answers here :)

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Artificial type.

See:
    - Porygon evolution line
    - Castform
    - Beldum evolution line (despite already dual Psychic-Steel)
    - Mewtwo
    - Genesect (though already dual Bug-Steel).

Could open up a lot of weird sci-fi possibilities.

Celestial type.

See:
    - Clefairy evolution line
    - Lunatone & Solrock (replace Psychic type)
    - Elgyem evolution line
    - Sigilyph (maybe have it evolve into something with the typing)
    - Jirachi (remove one of its types)
    - Deoxys
    - all four legendary golems
    - Cresselia
    - Arceus

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    I didn't even think of a time type. That would be cool. It would be like in between a ghost type and psychic type :)

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
    Artificial type.

See:
    - Porygon evolution line
    - Castform
    - Beldum evolution line (despite already dual Psychic-Steel)
    - Mewtwo
    - Genesect (though already dual Bug-Steel).

Could open up a lot of weird sci-fi possibilities.

Celestial type.

See:
    - Clefairy evolution line
    - Lunatone & Solrock (replace Psychic type)
    - Elgyem evolution line
    - Sigilyph (maybe have it evolve into something with the typing)
    - Jirachi (remove one of its types)
    - Deoxys
    - all four legendary golems
    - Cresselia
    - Arceus

Can you explain why you believe Arceus, Sigilyph, and the golem quartet should gain that hypothetical "Celestial" type? Also, I believe Palkia would be fitting for this type too.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Can you explain why you believe Arceus, Sigilyph, and the golem quartet should gain that hypothetical "Celestial" type? Also, I believe Palkia would be fitting for this type too.
    Arceus because apparently the world didn't exist before it. So with plates I think it'd be dual Celestial + plate type.

Sigilyph because it was discovered around ancient cities. For me it put the image of ancient Mayans, Egyptians, etc. and how some people imagine extraterrestrials visited them in the past, helping them build up their civilizations.

The golems because of some of their dex entries, namely Registeel and how it is not of this world.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    [Sound Type]
    Whismur (Sound/Normal)
    Loudred (Sound/Normal)
    Exploud (Sound/Normal)
    Chingling (Ghost/Sound)
    Chimeco (Ghost/Sound)
    Noibat (Sound/Flying)
    Noivern (Sound/Flying)
    Pyroar (but not Litleo for flavor purposes, cubs cant roar)
    Kricktot (Bug/Sound)
    Kricketune (Bug/Sound)
    Etc.

Weak against Rock, Ground, Water, Grass
    Super-Effective against Metal, Flying, Ice, Psychic
    Sound Type attacks have a 50% chance to miss in the 'rain weather condition'.
    Sound attacks aren't canceled by the effects of 'confusion' but may still inflict self harm.

Years
    You figure that 'wind' might be going into more a typical RPG format for types, in addition to which it might come off as slightly weird given that there's a flying type and such. Also figure that 'Artificial' is a bit misleading, evidently a Pokemon which is artificial can nonetheless be created as a Pokemon with a type, and it seems a bit like some of the things suggested might be more classifications or labels than types in the sense which they currently exist. In addition, Mewtwo hardly needs another type to describe parts of their film since Dark and Steel. That said, while I'm not sure that they've added any types to the games since Gen. I which are well-implemented as well as decently-named, and a Light type risks going into too much of a Paladin-esque opposition involving the Dark type and so on from elsewhere in the game - or alternatively invites further accusations of Satanism if the series were to become relevant again - there could be some mileage in going with the general trend of the series' names and creating a type based around an element, a stone, or metal, etc., which might stand out as fairly unique.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    Honestly I don't think there's a way to properly balance a new type in the mix. I was against Fairy type at first but it fits perfectly. I think the typing chart has been perfected and has no need for another type.
    Changing a type of a dual type Pokemon is completely out of the question for me.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Personally, I would like to see a type that is resistant to both fighting and ghost, due to that attack combo having no drawbacks. The artificial and celestial types seem to fit the bill nicely for this. I'd imagine many artificial types being able to use electric and steel type moves in addition to artificial type moves, whereas Celestial types could use fairy and perhaps dark type moves.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Crystal type cauth my interest, c'mon Nintendo, oh and undead type (similair to ghost type, but normal attacks work)

Back