• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Kid RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    YEP...another RMT by me, the Kid... This I think might just be one of my best Teams I've worked on building, but of course I give tons of credit to Wolflare for making it happen...So PC members, go ahead and rate, rate, rate...and I would like to thank you for all the help I'll be getting from the many of you!

Lead:
    Another Kid RMT

Yanmega @ Wide Lens
    252 SpA/252 spe/6 HP
    Modest Nature; Speed Boost
    Air Slash
    Protect
    Hypnosis
    Bug Buzz

I fine this to be quite a nifty lead Pokemon, seeing how many options it has in battle. When used right, it can do some heft damage from the start.

Supporting Wall:
    Another Kid RMT

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    252 HP/ 132Def/ 124 SpD
    Careful Nature; Sturdy Ability
    Toxic
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Knock Off

Ever since I used this in an old team of mine I couldn't get over how well it did with stalling out the battle and supporting my team when it comes down to a big attack. Gyro Ball I fine great for this Pokemon just incase I need to attack, especially since the speed of Shuckle is rather VERY low. Other than that, a great supporting wall for this team indeed.

Special Sweeper:
    Another Kid RMT

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
    252 SpA/ 252 spe/ 6 HP
    Timid Nature; Levitate
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    HP Ice
    Focus Blast

My revenge kill 100%. For all those incoming attacks to my other team members that Gengar is immune to can come in rather handy. With Choice Specs and a range of attacks that can cover my team pretty well, I couldn't think of a better Special Sweeper for this team.

Physical Sweeper:
    Another Kid RMT

Ambipom @ Toxic Orb
    252 Atk/ 252 spe/ 6 HP
    Adamant Nature; Technician
    Façade
    U-Turn
    Thunder Punch
    Fire Punch

Yes, basically my only UU team member, but I'm sure to be one of my best…giving me immunity against ghost type moves, having such good coverage in attacks, and basically having a base speed of 115 and a base attack of 100, it would be a great Physical Sweeper on my team. Plus, I like to keep a lot of things original sometimes, so having one of my favorite Pokemon of all times on this team especially since u do not see it a lot in WiFi battles, makes it even more perfect.

Physical Wall/Spinner:
    Another Kid RMT

Forretress @ Leftovers
    252 HP/162 Atk/ 96 Def
    Impish Nature; Sturdy Ability
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock
    Spikes
    Earthquake

A great physical wall indeed along with an attacker as well. Spikes are to hurt the foe and neglect the affects of any focus sashes around. In addition to that, Explosion for when I think it is time for Forretress to go and end a battle or so. A spinner of the team as well, so any Stealth rocks or other Spikes set up by the opponent I can get rid of, plus when I want this can make a great lead Pokemon as well...

Mixed Sweeper:
    Another Kid RMT

Salamence @ Life Orb
    120 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 136 Spe
    Mild Nature; Intimidate
    Brick Break
    Roost
    Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower

A mixed Mence, something I've never tried before but wanting to give it a shot. Pretty much used for coverage with Brick Break for all those Blisseys, Tyranitars and more… Crunch for some coverage and I rather go with Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower for the better accuracy rather than all the power, especially since I have the Life Orb for extra strength as well.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    On shuckle you have WAY to many evs and never use Attacks on shuckle EVER. Use Toxic/Knock off/Encore/Rest.

80 Att / 252 Sp.Att / 176 speed on mence to outpace neutral Lucario and Roost >>Crunch.

Draco Meteor >> Dragon Pulse too or it wont get the kills it needs.

Id scarf that gengar since you dont have an answer to Gyarados if it gets in a Dragon Dance.

That Ambipom set is eww too Fake Out/Brick Break/Payback/Return or U-Turn @Life Orb@Jolly.

EDIT : And Rash >> Mild helps on mence with switching in on stuff like SD luke, which is what Roost is for too, that and being a check to Heracross because Crunch doesnt do anything to it. Also Roost helps with SR and LO recoil.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay then...Draco Meteor is a definite go then...and u're right Shuckle doe shave way too many EVs on it...lol...cannot believe I did that...and I'll consider ur moveset for Ambipom...I gave ambipom that type of attacking for more coverage on my team, but what u gave my ambipom might work out better for me...and I'll definitely go with Roost over Crunch now that I think of it...

With Shuckle...I think I'll wait to test out this moveset in battle first, and if it isn't making the cut then I'll definitely try out the moveset u suggested for it...

So, all the modifications I've just learned baout so far I'll fix up my team in my first post in red...cannot wait to hear more responces and remarks...

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Meh, I know you will use this in Platinum, Kid. So Hypnosis's accuracy dropped to 60% which is now officially blah! So, Hidden Power [Ground]>>Hypnosis, and if you have Wide Lens attached, then go with Leftovers now. That Ambipom is set is meh, use D_A's moveset that he showed you. It is a lot more helpful than the one you have there, and yes, I know I already told you this!

Spiritombreeder

lol, SB
    Years
    I don't like the shuckle, especially without sandstorm.
    Eh.
    And what's the point of a spinner when salamence is the only thing weak to SR (I don't count yanmega as its a lead), and half your team is immune to toxic spikes/spikes? Why waste a turn to save salamence from taking 25% (when all its doing is breaking walls), when you can set up your own SR and benefit yourself more? That means your Forretress wants SR over spikes, or better yet go to Skarmory so you have less being hit by spikes/toxic spikes.

Why are you facade sweeping with something that doesn't have guts? use heracross over it. You don't need a ghost immune either since gengar can't do anything to shuckle anyway. Granted shuckle can't do anything back but you can outstall it with rest while it wastes PP.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Facade is basically for STAB and Toxic Orb is to give it the extra boost as well...as for using stealth rock>>>>>Rapid Spin I see ur point and would have to agree with u...plus it can also give me quite an advantage when played right as well...

as for Sandstorm on SHuckle that really might not benefit my team too much as it can turn against me as well...but a lot of ur suggestions(spiritombreeder) really helped...thank you...I hope I can get in more help from many others...

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
    I actually like idea with Ambipom with facade and toxic orb. It is a waste of technician but its something new i havent on an ambipom. Personally I would prefer jolly on ambipom but hey thats just me. No room for shadow claw? Shuckle is cool too but yea I dont think gyro ball would be good on it. just use it as a supporter type pokemon but careful for those taunts lol.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I actually like idea with Ambipom with facade and toxic orb. It is a waste of technician but its something new i havent on an ambipom. Personally I would prefer jolly on ambipom but hey thats just me. No room for shadow claw? Shuckle is cool too but yea I dont think gyro ball would be good on it. just use it as a supporter type pokemon but careful for those taunts lol.

Thank you...and I thought of shadow claw but then I noticed my team need a little more coverage as well...so I went in with thunder and fire punch...but thank you for that comment...and I was going to do Jolly, but Ambipom has 31 IVs both in atk and speed and I needed ambipom to have a lot more power as well...and yeah taunt would be a HUGE meltdown to shuckle that is why gyro ball is in there, plus again gyro ball depends on how slow the pokemon is which is good for shcukle...just trying to be original yet strategical as well...lol...

With everyone's help I'm really starting to learn a lot more about competitve battling than I knew before...so I cannot wait to hear what others have to say...*again*...lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    and yeah taunt would be a HUGE meltdown to shuckle that is why gyro ball is in there, plus again gyro ball depends on how slow the pokemon is which is good for shcukle...just trying to be original yet strategical as well...lol...

Problem is that shuckle has the base attack of blissey (10 =/) which means Gyro Ball will do around about 2 damage to everything.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Problem is that shuckle has the base attack of blissey (10 =/) which means Gyro Ball will do around about 2 damage to everything.

are u serious??? I thought ur attack didn't matter with Gyro ball...just speed?... what id I replace Gyro ball with knock off? would that work out better?...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    are u serious??? I thought ur attack didn't matter with Gyro ball...just speed?... what id I replace Gyro ball with knock off? would that work out better?...

Attack is also calculated into it too lol

Knock Off would suffice yes =]

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Yanmega is going to get screwed over whenever priority moves get involved (Fake Out and Ice Shard, in particular) or anything that is Sashed. The suicide leads will hold on to life with their Sash and KO, and the bulky leads only fear a Hypnosis. But Yanmega shouldn't stay in on the bulky leads anyway. Zapdos has HeatWave, Tyranitar has Stone Edge...it's just not a good time to bring Yanmega out.

Gengar works better as a revenge killer and can help you catch up in the late game. Go with the Scarf, HP Fight for accuracy instead of Focus Blast, and then slot #4 can be filled with Destiny Bond. HP Fire for Scizor isn't recommended, since it can just hit first with Bullet Punch.

Trick is also an option for the 4th slot, but not recommended because Gengar is a great Scarf user. It's fairly common on Shoddy, but it still takes many of my Wi-Fi opponents by surprise.

EDIT: Unless you use it as a starter, then Trick can be a great move to screw up leads such as those using any form of set up.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yanmega is going to get screwed over whenever priority moves get involved (Fake Out and Ice Shard, in particular) or anything that is Sashed. The suicide leads will hold on to life with their Sash and KO, and the bulky leads only fear a Hypnosis. But Yanmega shouldn't stay in on the bulky leads anyway. Zapdos has HeatWave, Tyranitar has Stone Edge...it's just not a good time to bring Yanmega out.

Gengar works better as a revenge killer and can help you catch up in the late game. Go with the Scarf, HP Fight for accuracy instead of Focus Blast, and then slot #4 can be filled with Destiny Bond. HP Fire for Scizor isn't recommended, since it can just hit first with Bullet Punch.

Trick is also an option for the 4th slot, but not recommended because Gengar is a great Scarf user. It's fairly common on Shoddy, but it still takes many of my Wi-Fi opponents by surprise.

EDIT: Unless you use it as a starter, then Trick can be a great move to screw up leads such as those using any form of set up.

um may I ask what u r talking about because Scizor isn't even mentioned on this team...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    um may I ask what u r talking about because Scizor isn't even mentioned on this team...

I was mentioning HP Fire as a move on Gengar, largely for coverage against Scizor, and explaining why it isn't the best attack to use.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I was mentioning HP Fire as a move on Gengar, largely for coverage against Scizor, and explaining why it isn't the best attack to use.

OH okay then...thanks for that tip...I'm not sure if I might fo with the Hidden Power Fight just because I know accuracy is low in focus blast but hidden power fight might not be AS strong as focus blast...but I did make a change to shuckle by doing knock off>>>gyro ball!!!

oh and just to let you all know this is a Diamond and Pearl competitive team, I'm just lucky to have a friend who has Platinum and can get my Ambipom to know those two Pt moves...(wolflare...thank you...)

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    OH okay then...thanks for that tip...I'm not sure if I might fo with the Hidden Power Fight just because I know accuracy is low in focus blast but hidden power fight might not be AS strong as focus blast...but I did make a change to shuckle by doing knock off>>>gyro ball!!!

oh and just to let you all know this is a Diamond and Pearl competitive team, I'm just lucky to have a friend who has Platinum and can get my Ambipom to know those two Pt moves...(wolflare...thank you...)

In regards to HP Fight VS Focus Blast, it's all about the role you want Gengar to fill. If you want it to Revenge Kill, then HP Fight is preferred since it's intended to only take down threats that are already weakened. If you want it to take down threats by itself, then Specs it and use Focus Blast.

And try not to drive yourself crazy breeding for HP. It's a huge hassle, and Gengar has a variety of moves that you should be able to find another if you can't get the exact HP you want.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In regards to HP Fight VS Focus Blast, it's all about the role you want Gengar to fill. If you want it to Revenge Kill, then HP Fight is preferred since it's intended to only take down threats that are already weakened. If you want it to take down threats by itself, then Specs it and use Focus Blast.

And try not to drive yourself crazy breeding for HP. It's a huge hassle, and Gengar has a variety of moves that you should be able to find another if you can't get the exact HP you want.

HEY thanks...u're really nice about giving out information I appreciate it...but I was planning on giving Gengar the choice specs but with the choice scarf I need to out run things like Gyarados after a DD...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hp fight is eww since it cant even OHKO Tyranitar, in addition then you wont be able to use the much more useful hp ice for dragons >.<

Just stick with the current set and with said scarf to revenge kill stuff.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hp fight is eww since it cant even OHKO Tyranitar, in addition then you wont be able to use the much more useful hp ice for dragons >.<

YEP! all my changes I've made are in red...so u can check over those as well...and I prefer HP Ice for Gengar anyway, I need it for the Dragons...lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013

As a revenge killer, it won't need to OHKO anything so HP Fight is by far the better choice. As a sweeper, then it's just an accuracy vs power preference.

So really, it comes down to what you want Gengar to do. Sweep by itself (in which case, use Life Orb or Specs), or revenge kill (Scarf and HP Fight).

As for needing something to deal with dragons, STAB Shadow Ball will take care of revenge killing most, and Desitny Bond/Explosion can be used when all other options won't guarantee a KO. HP Ice does have the added benefit of hitting Zapdos, but it can take quite a beating from Gengar when it doesn't have Life Orb or Specs.

Oh, one other note on your now Scarf Gengar set: Most Scarf Gengars are Timid and used as starters. If your guy is coming out in the mid to late game, use a Modest nature instead. It gives it a bit more of a punch, and you won't have to worry about other Scarf Gengars.

My other concern is Salamence. Brick Break, as the sole physical attack, seems like a bit of a waste. Unless you're really worried about late game screens, I think any other physical attack would be better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back