• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Region

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2010
    Do you guys think that there will be another region after sinnoh?
    Is pokemon popular enof to keep going?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    They should remake the newer region will all pokemon in weird areas xD. They should name the new region Xteria Region or something like that.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    There will be numerous, at least [S-HIGHLIGHT]until they run out of areas of Japan to base the regions on.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Japan has four main islands and over 3,000 smaller islands. Theres many other places for newer Pokemon regions to be based on. However, since most of the smaller islands are in chains, they could work a way around it.

Example:
    Making a specific chain of islands a "region"*.

*But theres a draw-back in doing that for a game: Lots of "Surfing"

Earlier post I did with more information: "More areas than you think!"

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Pokemon is very popular. Look at us, a whole community of Pokemon fans. There are many other forums like this too. All of which are paying, loving, Pokemon fanatics. Pokemon will not be discontinued or anything. It's doing extremely well with the release of Diamond and Pearl, which happen to be very popular at the moment and got a lot of new Pokemon fans in. As long as Nintendo is making money out of Pokemon, it will not leave us! And which, they are making a lot of money. In short, it will keep going for a long, long time.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Will they make it? Of course they will, it won't necessarily be a good region, but they'll still make it. Say all you want, you'll likely buy it as well.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Yes, no doubt about it. Diamond and Pearl are one of the best selling games this generation and the Mystery Dungeon series are doing great aswell.

Pokémon is much stronger now than it was when Ruby and Sapphire were released, so they really have no reason to stop milking more and more money out of it.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Yes, it will 100% have another region for the game and show. As long it still goes really popular in Japan and America for Nintendo to still make money.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Pokemon is very popular, but I hope they do not make another region, bc we don't need over 400 or 500 pokemon... -_-

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Japan has four main islands and over 3,000 smaller islands. Theres many other places for newer Pokemon regions to be based on. However, since most of the smaller islands are in chains, they could work a way around it.

Example:
    Making a specific chain of islands a "region"*.

*But theres a draw-back in doing that for a game: Lots of "Surfing"

Earlier post I did with more information: "More areas than you think!"

Yep, and they still haven't made an orange islands game.
    even if they do run out of places in japan, they will just go to another region, just like them putting orre in china(from what i've heard).
    another region would be great, but it would be even better if they made the paths more complex.
    i don't want to see a huge, straight line going from one place to another.
    more pokemon would be great because, lets face it, the old ones get boring quick if there isn't more.
    i don't see a reason why nintendo wouldn't make another region, they keep milking it, even with the terrible games *cough* PBR *cough*.
    its win/win for everybody no matter how you look at it.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Yep, and they still haven't made an orange islands game.
    even if they do run out of places in japan, they will just go to another region, just like them putting orre in china(from what i've heard).
    another region would be great, but it would be even better if they made the paths more complex.
    i don't want to see a huge, straight line going from one place to another.
    more pokemon would be great because, lets face it, the old ones get boring quick if there isn't more.
    i don't see a reason why nintendo wouldn't make another region, they keep milking it, even with the terrible games *cough* PBR *cough*.
    its win/win for everybody no matter how you look at it.

Or, actually design an original place. Why does everyone think that if they can't base it off of some place that already exists, it can't be made? It's not that hard to design a region for a pokemon game.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Or, actually design an original place. Why does everyone think that if they can't base it off of some place that already exists, it can't be made? It's not that hard to design a region for a pokemon game.

Yeah, it would actually be easier because you could make it however you want.
    I don't get why they base regions by searching japan, but have pokemon, which is probably in another galaxy or entirely different plane(dimension) in the first place.
    But i doubt nintendo would ever do that until all the good regions of japan were picked out.
    even then, they probably would go to another country or continent just to copy.
    I think they copy because they already know how to make the whole region.
    it would be a bit hard for them to make a completely nonexistant region without making it terrible.

Years
    You would be surprized the fan base pokemon has so i think it will not end any time soon
    So i think there will be more regions

Back