• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Alternatives to Advance Text.

MKSHB

Max
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2021
    I'm trying to make a gen 3 ROM hack and Text editing is essential. Though this happens every time I open advance text. I'm on windows and downloaded it from many places. Solutions or alternatives please. Any Alternatives to Advance Text.

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen today
    As for a solution, running the program as administrator sometimes fixes the problem. However, advance text is fairly unstable anyway, so you're probably better off not using it. If you really want something in the same vein then I believe this "Dumb Editor" had a very similar text editing feature. However, you could also just use a hex editor such as Hex Maniac Advance for editing text strings!

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2022
    I'm trying to make a gen 3 ROM hack and Text editing is essential. Though this happens every time I open advance text. I'm on windows and downloaded it from many places. Solutions or alternatives please. View attachment 96625

As for a solution, running the program as administrator sometimes fixes the problem. However, advance text is fairly unstable anyway, so you're probably better off not using it. If you really want something in the same vein then I believe this "Dumb Editor" had a very similar text editing feature. However, you could also just use a hex editor such as Hex Maniac Advance for editing text strings!

I'd second using Hex Maniac Advance, it's great for editing all the in game text. It's also great for editing a lot of other stuff on top of that, so it's great all around. I've been using it to edit text in Emerald for a hack I'm making and I've never had any complaints with it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    above is true, the creator is trying to get the text functions to replace the current goto scriptor/editor, "XSE".

If you need an all around text/script editor right now the best option is still using xse with advnace map.

Back