• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any Cyrus fans?

nokyo-chan

Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?!
    Years
    Sorry if anyone has already done this type of thread...my bad!!

But am I the only one who thinks Cyrus is the most kick-butt bad guy ever to threaten the Pokemon world?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I think he's cool.

He doesn't have any goofy grunts like Giovanni and Team Rocket did.
    It's funny how he tricked Ash and everyone into thinking he was on their side, when he was behind everything. Now, that's slick

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Yeah, Cyrus is pretty BAMF. Cooler then Archie and Maxie.
    Although I still like Giovanni more, just because of how badass he is in the anime and how awesome his HG/SS sprite is.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I liked his character. He was a pretty cool antagonist, but I prefer Giovanni. He's leagues ahead of Archie and Maxie though.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I don't like any galactic member. They all have really ugly faces

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I prefer Giovanni, but Cyrus has some redeeming leadership skills and a decent team going for him. In terms of successful plans, he's right behind Giovanni. Most likely to work: take over the world slowly, or make a new world and take it over. Guaranteed to make you look like a retard and doom the planet to an abysmal ball of crap: cover the earth with water and wait for imminent scurvey and drowning, possibly getting eaten alive, or covering the world with land and having no water to survive and wait to turn into beef jerky. I'll take the first choices, thank you.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I prefer Giovanni over Cyrus easy, but Cyrus was really awesome as well. I couldn't stand Maxie and Archie... I simply hated Aqua and Magma all together. I love Giovanni to death, always have. Even more now because of his connection to Silver. Cyrus is amazing because I love his dreams and methods. I love everything about Team Galactic, but I have grown very attatched to Team Rocket over the years, so it'll take a lot to make me like any Team or Team Leader more than Giovanni or Team Rocket.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
    Cyrus all the way. He's so cool! I wish there was a game where you played as a Galactic Grunt working up the ranks etc. XD He's badass. I love him in the anime, the way he tricked them all. He doesn't look right in a tux though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I liked Cyrus for one thing. He never gave up, we're lead to believe he's still wandering round the distortion world now, aren't we??

And how he got Jupiter and Mars so loyal they've gone back to look for him.....

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    Cyrus has to be the most ambitious crime lord in Pokemon History. Let's look at the other three crime lords. Giovanni had no purpose, just wanted to steal pokemon to rule the world. His only success was Mewtwo which abandoned him and left him back at square one. Next is Archie and Maxie of Team Magma and Team Aqua respectively. They wanted to expand the land and the sea for no particular profit, just to show which one was better. Pointless.

Then there was Cyrus who wanted to RECREATE THE WORLD. Okay. Imagine if he wasn't in Nintendo's control. He would be equal to that of antagonist across the world. Leaving it at that. I'm quite possibly Cyrus' biggest fan.

Years
    I'm more fan of Cyrus than the other 'criminal masterminds'. Cyrus had a difficult way of explaining his plan but it seemed alright to me. It wasn't a 'rule the world and make me king' sort of plan.Cyrus's pokemon(weavile) are also the cause of why i'm a small fan.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    I'm more fan of Cyrus than the other 'criminal masterminds'. Cyrus had a difficult way of explaining his plan but it seemed alright to me. It wasn't a 'rule the world and make me king' sort of plan.Cyrus's pokemon(weavile) are also the cause of why i'm a small fan.

I must admit, I am still curious on how exactly that recreation of the world process was going to pan out. I mean him ruling as king and all. I think he was about to use Dialga and Palkia more than just creating the world but ruling it too.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I thought Cyrus was pretty cool, but in Platinum, he kind of came of to me as a... complete nutjob. :S I Diamond\Pearl, he didn't tak as much and seemed more sane to me, though. :\ However, I think he's better than Archie\Maxie, but not as good as Giovanni sadly (also, why don't you make a Cyrus fan club, unless there is one already, which you could join unless you've already joined it. :P)

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Yeah, Cyrus is cool. But I do agree with Superjub. He is kind of crazy.

NatureKeeper

I like Cyrus. If the Pokémon world was real then I'm definetly Galactic Admin Neonar challenges you to a battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

nokyo-chan

Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?!
    Years
    A lot of people posted that Giovanni was better...I don't know. I mean, out of the four teams (Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic), Rocket and Galactic were definitely the most successful (and the least n00bish), but I could never take someone wearing an orange suit with large round buttons seriously. I am very glad, however, that the Pokemon people didn't decide to do a follow-up on Team Magma and Aqua. I did NOT like them or their purpose. Expand the sea? Whyyyyyy?

Back