• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any hints for Temporal Tower? (PMD2)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I've just reached Temporal Tower, and realized almost immediately that I would need a lot of training. The first monster house I run into always gets me, and that's as early as Floor 3. So, I went back to Hidden Land (which is also a challenge for me), and now I'm trying to find out a few things.
    First: What's a good Level to be at for Temporal Tower?
    Second: Any reccomended moves/items/strategies?
    Third: What should I look out for?

Here's my team (as you might know Grovyle's left by this point and you can't bring any other members)-

Skitty Lv.39
    -Tackle
    -Sing
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shock Wave (any ideas for replacements?)

Torchic Lv.39
    -Slash
    -Quick Attack
    -Ember
    -Peck (might need replacing)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • In terms of items, you should bring:

Reviver Seeds (obvious)
    Pure Seeds (automatically transports to stairs, great for getting out of Monster Houses)
    Sleep Seeds (to put final boss to sleep)
    Vile Seeds (Time) Violent Seeds (Darkness) (whichever you bring, you only need one or two. Severly weakens the boss)
    Stamina Band (so you don't have to carry tons of apples)

Cid

Years
  • You should teach Torchic a better Fire-type attack and teach Skitty a Fighting-type attack.

Also, I think you need to bring Status-Inflicting seeds (e.g. Stun Seeds, Sleep Seeds etc.)...

Good Luck!

ShadowHoundoom

Shade isn't what he seems...
    Years
  • Unfortunately, as good as your team can be, and as many great items as you may have, it all boils down to luck.

The final boss uses Intimidate, and as such you occasionally lose your attack turn. Good luck; my team's 5 levels higher than yours and I still get shoved around like a duckling in a crowd. 13 times now... *grumble grumble*

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Thanks everyone! I -finally- managed to beat Dialga thanks to a few lucky hits of Sing and Flamethrower. Now if asked I'll have to admit I cried a little at the endings of both PMD1 and PMD2...

Anyways, the moveset ideas will help for later in the game. Shock Wave was really a filler to get some ranged-hits, and Brick Break should work out well for Skitty. As will Aerial Ace for Torchic.

Now all I have to do is beat the Guild and recruit like thirty legends... What fun. :P

ShadowHoundoom

Shade isn't what he seems...
    Years
  • Congrats! I knew you could do it.

I can't beat Dialga, and I just can't seem to get any luck with that dumb Intimidate he has. :\

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Congrats! I knew you could do it.

I can't beat Dialga, and I just can't seem to get any luck with that dumb Intimidate he has. :\

Have a Pokemon with Swords Dance and Dig, and have a few stun seeds.
    Petrify with a stun seed, swords dance up and dig away.
    It should work. I couldn't find a Dig TM and had to do it the hard way. Finally got lucky with me Munchlax's Body Slam, paralyzed it, and Chikorita Bullet Seeded it to death.
    This all happened about 5 minutes ago.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2009
    My team is
    Chimchar Lv.36 Piplup Lv.36
    -Scratch -Peck
    -Fire Wheel -BubbleBeam
    -Facade -Brine
    -Fire Spin -Whirlpool
    I am at Temporal Tower Entrance,and I have some seeds,orbs,and berries.
    What should I have to do?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Edit:Now my team is at lv.37 both and i am going to beat dialga at this moment...
    Edit:I've beaten Dialga,it was very easily,now my team is both at lv.49,and i've regained luminous spring!

Last edited:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • My team is:

Piplup
    Lvl. 45
    Moves:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Water Pulse
    -Brine
    -Drill Peck

Charmander
    Lvl. 45
    Moves:
    -Fire Blast
    -Flamethrower
    -Fire Fang
    -Ember

I can't beat Dialga either, can someone give me a move set for each of them, and a list of items to bring, also can someone tell me what the best level to be is? Other than 100?

Ven~

twelvie lyfe
    Years
  • My team was
    Cyndaquil Lv. 35
    Piplup Lv. 36

it was a hard battle but i won on my first try
    i nearly cried at the end :)

Years
  • Temporal Tower's really hard, let me just get that over with.

When I was there, I was in my level 40's somewhere, and I tried multiple times, so I got stronger every time. It's good to be at a level a little bit under, at, or over Primal Dialga's, which is 48. 46 is good, but even better if you can get to 48 or 49.

You can teach Skitty or Torchic Dig (whoever can learn it). You can pick up the TM in the tower. It will be super effective and make the battle a little easier. Obviously, Oran Berries and Reviver Seeds will help, but it can be done without them (I've done it). Sleep Seeds or Stun Seeds don't usually last that long, seeing as Dialga's very strong.

Primal Dialga knows Roar of Time, which will do over 90 damage to you and your partner (it hits all targets in range). He also has the IQ skill Intimidator, which can sometimes render your moves useless.

It's a tough battle, but the ending's great. I got really emotional when I saw it, and that's why I did my first fanfic on it.

Anyway, good luck and never give up! No battle is unwinnable!

Silver of team SilverIce

Silver The Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2008
    I lost my items

I love this game but it is frustrating now cause i died and lost all my items that would help me in the dugeon so it gonna be very hard to even get to Dialga let alone beat him

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    (Advice for Dialga) Teach Torchic Mirror Move! Then, when you fight Dialga, you can hide in a corner while Torchic uses Mirror Move, and Dialga is killing himself. Set Torchic to "Go After Foes" in the battle and turn all other moves off. That should help alot.

Years
  • Well,I defeated Primal Dialga with ease.
    This is my team when i beat him,
    Cyndyquil (Quil) lvl 34
    Treeko (Liz) lvl 34
    You would need lots of reviver seeds (obvious)
    If you have trouble with monster house,I suggest u let your team learn attacks like T-bolt,Lava Plume but if you can`t get them,i suggest pure seeds (they allow you to skip floors)
    And Primal Dialga have Itimidator.There are 20F (if I am not wrong) in Temporal Tower.
    The ending is very,very touching.After I watch it,i kept crying,anyway good luck!
    If you still have problems with the dungeons,you can always put up a rescue mission , that way people will be able to help you.

Last edited:

BlueRing

Cold as ice, but very nice!
    Years
  • Now, i used only 2 Reviverseeds, 3 sleep seeds and a vile seed., I'm a Piplup Lv 35
    Whirlpool (1) (Ginseng)
    Brine
    Protect (TM)
    Dig (TM)
    And my partner is a Pikachu, which is Lv 35 Too.
    Thunderbolt
    Dig (TM)
    Protect (TM)
    Agility

So at the begin, one step left, , trow sleepseed, one step forward, set partner at go after foes, select only dig and protect.
    Then, trow the vile seed, which makes his sp.def and def lowest. And then start digging. If he's awake throw another sleep or stun seed.
    And the Big Dialga is in no-time in pieces (DEAD!)

Last edited:

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    it was a long time ago I defeated dialga, but I remember that I (Pikachu) and my partner (Chikorita) were both lvl.31 when we reached dialga. and I had 2 reviver seeds. meh, I just used my best tactics, threw a stun seed, sleep seed or x-eye seed all the time, paralyze him with thunder wave and then attacked him with all my might. and it worked, I ended with using just one reviver seed.
    but don't think I'm really that good (or am a liar :P), I needed a lot luck that he didn't used (much) roar of time. that attack is a real pain.

Yukiko_xx

derp.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2011
    i defeated primal dialga with a bit (i mean, A LOT) of luck. i was a lvl 37 piplup and i had a lvl 37 torchic as a partner. i taught torchic mirror move and it helped a load, not to mention dig and brine are some pretty good moves. all i can say is it was one tough battle. =="

Years
  • when i battled dialga and beat him, i had a ton of reviver seeds (i always keep like 10 of em on hand) my team was a piplup and pikachu, i dont remember what level they were, nor do i remember the movesets, i just no i had a few violent seeds,reviver seeds, and i died a lot (do you see why i had those reviver seeds?) but i beat dialga on maybe my 3rd try

Back