• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Jojo's bizarre adventure fans around here?

Years
  • Which is your favorite part and why?
    Which is your favorite character and why?

So far i've only watched the first two parts from the anime and am hyped about part 3's release this april. I've read only the first chapter of part 1 when it comes to manga. But i have read up a lot of trivia on the jojo wiki and i know most of the stuff that has happened in the series.

My favorite part is part 2: battle tendency because of how awesome and close to home it feels. I mean it's the first time i've seen nazis helping to save the world from vampires and it's bloody good.

My favorite character is most deffinetely Joseph Joestar the protagonist of part 2. The man is a genius, he comes up with strategies to win WHILST HE'S FIGHTING. HOW BALLER IS THAT??
    And he also saved the world and is extremely manly and fabulous. And -SPOILER ALERT- he gets a robot arm at the end of part 2. He's also in part 3 and 4 if i'm not mistaken and i can't wait to see him battle there too.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I havent seen much of the series at all. It remains one of my top 'to watch asap' anime. Saw four episodes of S1 once. I liked what I saw and the OP was great.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    5=7>2>4>6>1>3

I'd definitely like part 5 even more if the translation wasn't godawful, but I mainly read JJBA for the fight scenes anyways. The characters are still cool and I love 'em, it's just kinda hard to notice how good they are at first cause of the translation. I know part 3 is the most popular chapter by far, but I think it's just incredibly weak with the exception of a few fights.

I probably like Bruno Buccellati or Johnny Joestar the most in terms of protagonists, but I'd say my favorite main antagonist is Funny Valentine.

Years
  • 5=7>2>4>6>1>3

I'd definitely like part 5 even more if the translation wasn't godawful, but I mainly read JJBA for the fight scenes anyways. The characters are still cool and I love 'em, it's just kinda hard to notice how good they are at first cause of the translation. I know part 3 is the most popular chapter by far, but I think it's just incredibly weak with the exception of a few fights.

I probably like Bruno Buccellati or Johnny Joestar the most in terms of protagonists, but I'd say my favorite main antagonist is Funny Valentine.
    I have to say Funny Valentine is such a cool and unique main villain and he is really overpowered. I can't wait to the day that part 7 comes into anime format too

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I have to say Funny Valentine is such a cool and unique main villain and he is really overpowered. I can't wait to the day that part 7 comes into anime format too

You should really stop reading up on later chapters. A lot of the fun in JJBA is finding out just how ridiculous the stands can get. Stone Ocean was completely spoiled for me because I peeked at the abilities some characters got.

Years
  • You should really stop reading up on later chapters. A lot of the fun in JJBA is finding out just how ridiculous the stands can get. Stone Ocean was completely spoiled for me because I peeked at the abilities some characters got.
    yea i should probably stop reading up but it's the only way to calm my hype, im currently rewatching part 2 for the 4th time and my policy when it comes to anime is to never rewatch some but JJBA is just... perfect.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    Was looking for this thread because JoJo's is the best.

Personally I kinda like all parts equally but 4 is kinda my favorite.

Favorite Characters: Joseph Joestar, Josuke (Part 4), Kira (David Bowie looks), Diavolo, Bruno, Foo Fighters, Hermes, Funny Valentine, Josuke (Part 8), Anasui, Iggy, DIO and Fugo.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I have only read the first four parts, and for me it's 4>2>3>>>>>>>>>>>>1.

I really really disliked Phantom Blood. I've only finished it because the later parts are good. It had so much room to improve in the anime adaptation, but they just made it 1:1 adaptation.

Stardust Crusaders was a funky monster of the week adventure with tons of interesting characters. It's biggest flaw is that Dio didn't have much time. He was just there, and waited.

Diamond is Not Crush was a great Slice of Life show, again with tons of interesting characters and stands. And of course the best villain, Kira Yoshikage, one of the few that can rival Johan Liebert.

Saber of Yellow

King of Knights
    Years
  • Jojo is awesome!

I recently started it because a friend recommended it and I have no regrets! Jojo part one<Jojo part two IMO, The one with Jotaro is looking pretty epic so far! I also love Jojo openings <3

derozio

Years
  • Okay, seems I had only seen 3 episodes previously. I finished episode 4 today. I started watching again because I saw the OP for Stardust Crusaders and part two and I just got too excited. But episode 4 wasn't all that special. I almost fell asleep. Might have something to do with me being sort of tired as well, but still. ;;

i know people say part 1 isn't that good and the rest is amazing so I'm watching this for the future stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    If I may I'd like to say that while JoJo's is, personally and arguably, one of the best things to come out of Japan. However it can be slow in some parts..

CURRENTLY:
    Part 1: Phantom Blood (9 Episodes)
    Part 2: Battle Tendency (17 Episodes)
    Part 3: Stardust Crusaders (2 Episodes out, 9 Episodes announced at the time of post)

It was stated that up to part 6 will be adapted. So onto my next bit.

Part 1 is kind of important because it sets up the next two parts and some beyond that as well but it is still one of the weakest parts and even the creator (and possible Pillar Man) Hirohiko Araki has stated that he wishes he can go back and make Johnathan less of a super goody goody. The manga version, the movie that went over it and the new anime are all the same. Panel for Shot. Its a perfect adaptation. That being said the newer anime looks pretty, sounds great, acted well but its still slow. Thats really the only thing I can say about it.

It is extremely worth it. You will be rewarded. Its only 9 episodes and its not all bad and slow. Hang in there!

Part 2 is the adrenaline rush that Araki put down on the page and brought to life on screen. Both the manga and anime version of this are so good and all I can say is that you will have a blast watching it. 17 Episodes that will have you at climax from start to finish. You'll be running around, losing your breath and by the end you'll want to give JoJo a hand. Its truly amazing.

Last thing that got adapted and where I will finish off is Part 3. Now Part 3 happens to be where the entire series got flipped turned upside down. I'd like to take a minute so continue to read right here I'll tell you all how Jotaro became the prince JoJo's. While the new series is only 3 episodes in, part 3 was adapted in 1993 as an OVA with 13 episodes (from 93 to 94 only 6 episodes then in 2000 the next 7 where put out). This part is arguably the most popular, well in Japan anyway, as it introduced the concept of a Stand. Can't wait for more of the new series to come out? Watch the old OVA. You'll be entertained, have something to keep you occupied while you wait for more of the new one and you will definitely appreciate the new one even more.

I feel like JoJo's is a acquired taste but is acquired REALLY fast after you get into the swing of it. That momentum of the series is important.

So if anyone feels like watching the anime or has and feel like they can't get into that much please remember that its worth it. This series will reward you so hard.

As for the manga. Well its at Part 8 and totally worth catching up on. Here is a link to all of the 8 Parts in order, scanned + a little doujin called Little by Little. All worth it.

JoJo's is a juggernaut in Japan and pretty much a lot of other places in the world but its been hard to bring to the USA due to the censors and issues with naming rights and what have you.

Hope this post helps anyone thinking about JoJo's. I feel like all I did was ramble but yeah give it a shot.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • So I saw this and decided to post it here. Here's the summary of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It may look weird and absurd, but it's accurate.
    Any Jojo's bizarre adventure fans around here?

derozio

Years
  • Image doesn't show up for me.

Anyway, finished part 1 from the 2012 anime. I wasn't big on the first 7 episodes. Last two were good, though. Looking forward to part two! Although the VA of Sakata Gintoki is voicing Joseph so it'll be kinda weird for me haha.

Edit;; okay, image visible now. Weird :p

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I am very much not caught up with the manga and I need to fix that, because this series is a lot of fun. Plus, they're actually releasing All Star Battle in the States, which means there's hope for it to reach a serious Western audience (even beyond what it already has!).

derozio

Years
  • I was reaaaaaaaaally close to dismissing this show as all hype and no show but I somehow ended up really liking part 2 and have already seen 19/26 episodes. At the part where Caesar goes for Cars.

Also, holy ♥♥♥♥ is Lisa Lisa hot. Too bad I looked her up and found out she was....yeah. ;;

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I was reaaaaaaaaally close to dismissing this show as all hype and no show but I somehow ended up really liking part 2 and have already seen 19/26 episodes. At the part where Caesar goes for Cars.
    I know how you feel. Phantom Blood was just that mediocre. And the TV show, instead of fixing stuff, ended up making a literal adaptation, without exploring anything, like adding more to DIO's character and stuff. Luckily the series keeps on improving as it goes on.

derozio

Years
  • Oh improve it does. So much. I mean, Phantom Blood almost bored me to sleep with its straightforwardness. Then part 2 happened and I was hooked. But I still thought Straits was badly handled in part 2. Apart from that it was a good ride. I mean, I finished the whole first series in 3 days. I liked P2 that much. And Stardust Crusaders has been looking great so far. The budget increase really helps too. :D

The Openings, like I've mentioned, were great. All of them. But I need to mention Roundabout. It was an amazing ED. I loved it. Usually I wouldn't have come across a song from 1977 (or was it 1987? Idk) and liked it so much. The music was just amazing.

Back