• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

any metal fans?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    In Dying Arms is releasing a new song on New Years and I'm so excited for it. :DDD This band is amazing, and the day they get signed will be a great day indeed. C:

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • In Dying Arms is releasing a new song on New Years and I'm so excited for it. :DDD This band is amazing, and the day they get signed will be a great day indeed. C:

it's good to see a metal band with racial diversity like in dying arms

btw if you want to see metal elitists go to the metal archives, it's an elitist breeding ground,they wont even review bands that have the ''core'' suffix in it or nu metal bands like disturbed and so and so

Last edited:

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
  • I like metal and it's categories like doom, power, heavy, nu, rap and speed and bands like Slipknot, Disturbed, Bullet for my Valentine, Firewind, Innerwish, S.O.A.D, Linkin Park, KoRn, Candlemass, Rammstein, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Dragonforce, Skillet and Avenged Sevenfold. I started listening metal and rock 2 years ago with known bands like Metallica, Drowning Pool, Black Sabbath, Guns N Roses, AC/DC and I slowly listened to other bands.

My favourite song is Psychosocial by Slipknot. What should I rate? The intro? The amazing guitar? The chorus? The growls? Awesome song.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Live, thread! Liiiiiiiive! Seriously, metal threads die too fast. :(

Anyway, Alex Koehler (vocalist for Chelsea Grin) started a side project called Hearts&Hands. It features members from the bands I Am The Ocean, The Recovery, and Becoming Everest. It's a pretty sweet project. Check it out. :D

EDIT: Also, In Dying Arm's new song is amazing. :D

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years

• Classics like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or Judas Priest are a must-listen. I'd say to start with Iron Maiden's "The Number of the Beast", or even "Powerslave" (albums; don't be scared by the names). Then there's the thrash scene of the 80's with bands like Metallica or Megadeth. Megadeth's "Rust In Peace" and Metallica's "Ride The Lightning" are their best work imo, but since you've just started I wouldn't really recommend starting by those.

As for me, I love the metal classics, with Iron Maiden and Megadeth being my favourite bands. Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) and Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) are the most.brilliant.songwriters.EVER. "Rust In Peace" is my favourite album ever, with the almighty "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" being their best song imo.
    One thing I can't stand is the whole -core thing and the screams. Get them away from me plz kthx.

...Everything you just said. Bravo, please help yourself to an Internet!

Hydreizard

Seasoned Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I love metal. Some of my fave bands are Metallica, Megedeth (which would not have existed without Metallica), Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains (is grunge considered to be a part of metal?), Anthrax, Black Sabbath, Dragonforce (great speedmetal band), Tool, and Alter Bridge, if you consider them to be metal.

Classics like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or Judas Priest are a must-listen. I'd say to start with Iron Maiden's "The Number of the Beast", or even "Powerslave" (albums; don't be scared by the names). Then there's the thrash scene of the 80's with bands like Metallica or Megadeth. Megadeth's "Rust In Peace" and Metallica's "Ride The Lightning" are their best work imo, but since you've just started I wouldn't really recommend starting by those.

As for me, I love the metal classics, with Iron Maiden and Megadeth being my favourite bands. Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) and Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) are the most.brilliant.songwriters.EVER. "Rust In Peace" is my favourite album ever, with the almighty "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" being their best song imo.
    One thing I can't stand is the whole -core thing and the screams. Get them away from me plz kthx.

True that. Holy Wars is great. Tornado of Souls is really good too. Ever listen to "One" by Metallica? It's pretty good too. I think it sends a message about what war can do and the horrors/price that comes with it. At least that's how I interpret it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Right now I'm being obsessed with
    any metal fans?
    (excuse the black background, I didn't manage to find a logo without one) and listened to Crystal Mountain alone >20 times within a week, and that's just what the computer counted. I heard the name before every now and then, but never listened... until I found their cover of the titular song of my favorite album in music, Painkiller.

Years
  • I'm not a major fan of metal, I used to listen to a lot of it and particularly liked BFMV and Metallica but I just slipped away from that general area of music.

What I'm interested to know is how many Korn fans think they have sold out with their 'dubstep album'?

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • I'm not a major fan of metal, I used to listen to a lot of it and particularly liked BFMV and Metallica but I just slipped away from that general area of music.

What I'm interested to know is how many Korn fans think they have sold out with their 'dubstep album'?

I've heard some Kornstep songs like "Narcessistic Cannibal", but I am not crazy about the new KoRn. I like them when they had Brian "Head" Welch in there. Their best albums IMO are Issues and The Untouchables. I use to be obsess with Korn, but I lost interest after 2006. Another diverse band that has a black (Jamacian) vocalist is Skindred, they are reggae metal and they mix reggae music and Rastafari lyrics with nu metal sounds. I also like "Schism" by Tool, listen to it 3 times a day recently, Tool is a mix of Alternative Metal and Progressive Metal.

Years
  • (1000th Post :D)

I was never really a big Korn fan. I dunno, they never quite appealed to me. Some of there songs were really good but they just didn't quite stick for me. There dubstep just made them plummet more.

Recently i've become a big fan of Suicide Silence, granted 98% of the time you can't understand what the devil they are saying but the musical talent is great.

The best bands for me are the aussie ones.
    Parkway Drive
    The Amity Affliction
    Feed her to the Sharks.

Feed her to the Sharks are quite new and good, i suggest you all go listen to them :P

Halmtier

THE HOBO
    Years
  • I'm more of a germanic metal fan: Man of War, Thereon, Feedom Call, Eisbrecher, Oomph!, Wumpscutt, and so on. Then again, I'm german in heritage- being a metal fan is just in our blood. =P

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I "entered" metal via mainstream 2000s hard rock bands - Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot etc - then met a friend who introduced me to the roots and I never turned back. Rather embarrassed to have listened to those now, because after broadening & developing an ear I realized just how terrible they were. However, they fulfilled my teen angstiness at the time.. I had a rather unbalanced obsession.

My preferences lie in 90s death and late 80s-90s black metal, but I like just about anything except power or traditional (save the classics) - generally, the more phlegm in the vocals, the happier I am. Some of my desert-island artists are Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Napalm Death, Dismember, Bathory, Averse Sefira, Hellhammer, Tsjuder, Darkthrone, yadda yadda

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • I "entered" metal via mainstream 2000s hard rock bands - Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot etc - then met a friend who introduced me to the roots and I never turned back. Rather embarrassed to have listened to those now, because after broadening & developing an ear I realized just how terrible they were. However, they fulfilled my teen angstiness at the time.. I had a rather unbalanced obsession.

Yeah, I too used to like stuff like Linkin Park and Slipknot, but my brother got me out of that at about age 13. Now it's Gamma Ray and Dio for me!

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I am. I enjoy Static-X, KoRn, A Day to Remember, Of Mice & Men, Close to Home, Powerman 5000, The Plot in You, In Flames, Slipknot, Disturbed, Killswitch Engage, Bring Me the Horizon, Five Finger Death Punch, Lacuna Coil, High On Fire, and many others that I can't recall at the time being.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Yeah, I too used to like stuff like Linkin Park and Slipknot, but my brother got me out of that at about age 13. Now it's Gamma Ray and Dio for me!

Yes yes.. this is why I like call bands like Slipknot, Korn, Linkin Park, and Disturbed "starter bands" for those who are just being introduced to metal and don't quite understand the genre yet. Most folk, even if they don't like to admit it, to get into these bands first when they're new to metal. It takes time to develop a good taste for metal so its nothing to be ashamed of. I used to think Cannibal Corpse was a good DM band if that makes anyone feel better, rofl.

... Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Napalm Death, Dismember,...

RIP Dismember. v_v
    anyway yeah, metal listener here:
    Devin Townsend, Meshuggah, Death, Gojira, Agalloch, sunn o))), Black Sabbath, Neurosis, Pelican, Necrophagist..

Years
  • Through, of all things, a little metalcore excursion, I discovered this:

Somehow I managed to not have heard of this band before, or at least never gave them a listen and therefore didn't remember the name. Well, now is better than never, isn#t it?

Years
  • I seriously cannot listen to the starter bands anymore. Just absolutely poor talent. Slipknot have one decent song the rest is trash. Linkin Park have those few good songs like Bleed it Out, In the End etc. Disturbed are just weird o.0

You want Heavy Heavy metal listen to Suicide Silence and Lamb of God.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • You want Heavy Heavy metal listen to Suicide Silence and Lamb of God.

ehhhh sorry to break it to you, but those two aren't exactly heavy metal. Don't take it the wrong way, Lamb of God is a guilty pleasure of mine but those two fall more into the -core genre, otherwise they would have a similar sound to Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.

Back